SHOW your MV-inspired style!

squeezem3

I do have a few henleys but they are standard black and navy.  Kohls carries a three button brand called Sonoma that looks good. I may check them out this weekend because they may have expanded their color palette now that pastels are back in style.

Edited by IA-SteveB
  • Like 1

Here is what I ended up with for about $67.  The coat you have seen above.  The pants are $30 Marc Anthony linen drawstring pants from Kohls and are very nice. I am extremely happy with them and they are not see through at all.  The shirt is a $7 Sonoma tshirt, also from Kohls.  You can be kinda Crockett for cheap.  Lol.  I will mix in the grey blazer when I get it and I am still shoeless.

20190601_105455.jpg

20190601_111502.jpg

20190601_111550.jpg

Edited by IA-SteveB
  • Like 7

This weekend I plan on stepping out in full season 2 attire for the evening.  This is definitely outside of my comfort zone but it is time.  I am in a laid back lake town so I definitely will not stand out that much although going full on bright white makes me question that statement.  lol  My plan is to go with a vintage Miami Vice label tuxedo jacket, white pants, white Stacy Adams shoes (like rattlehead has) and a pastel henley.  I'm keeping the beard though.  :)

I will see what the combo looks like later this evening and post up.

s-l500.jpg

s-l500 (1).jpg

Edited by IA-SteveB
  • Like 4

Here are a few looks.  I am really digging this Miami Vice label tuxedo jacket.  Thin and light but it has a bit more 80's shoulder pad than I'd like.  No big deal.  The lighting makes it look less white but it is every bit as bright as the linen blend pants. Not sure which I like best but I am leaning toward blue.

Final pic is with slightly different full linen pants. I actually like them better than the chinos in the other pics.

20190606_211410.jpg

20190606_211501.jpg

20190606_211432.jpg

20190606_213018.jpg

Edited by IA-SteveB
  • Like 7

On 6/1/2019 at 5:49 AM, IA-SteveB said:

I do have a few henleys but they are standard black and navy.  Kohls carries a three button brand called Sonoma that looks good. I may check them out this weekend because they may have expanded their color palette now that pastels are back in style.

I've gotten some good ones at Target in pastels.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, IA-SteveB said:

Here are a few looks.  I am really digging this Miami Vice label tuxedo jacket.  Thin and light but it has a bit more 80's shoulder pad than I'd like.  No big deal.  The lighting makes it look less white but it is every bit as bright as the linen blend pants. Not sure which I like best but I am leaning toward blue.

Final pic is with slightly different full linen pants. I actually like them better than the chinos in the other pics.

20190606_211410.jpg

20190606_211501.jpg

20190606_211432.jpg

20190606_213018.jpg

Excellent pictures and outfits! :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Thanks for the comments and reactions.  Last one for the weekend.  A little variation with grey linen pants and heathered grey linen blend jacket. Not sure I am sold on this look but I may get the jacket tailored a bit.

20190607_211220.jpg

20190607_211307.jpg

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, IA-SteveB said:

Thanks for the comments and reactions.  Last one for the weekend.  A little variation with grey linen pants and heathered grey linen blend jacket. Not sure I am sold on this look but I may get the jacket tailored a bit.

20190607_211220.jpg

20190607_211307.jpg

Just a word of advice, when putting your hands in your pockets, make sure your jacket is behind your hands. That way it won't scrunch up like that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Great looks pal, you really nailed it! This style is absolutely timeless, and so much classier than the en vogue-combination of jeans and blazers! Love it! 

• Like 1

On 6/6/2019 at 8:39 AM, IA-SteveB said:

This weekend I plan on stepping out in full season 2 attire for the evening.  This is definitely outside of my comfort zone but it is time.  I am in a laid back lake town so I definitely will not stand out that much although going full on bright white makes me question that statement.  lol  My plan is to go with a vintage Miami Vice label tuxedo jacket, white pants, white Stacy Adams shoes (like rattlehead has) and a pastel henley.  I'm keeping the beard though.  :)

I will see what the combo looks like later this evening and post up.

s-l500.jpg

s-l500 (1).jpg

Dude!  You stole my jacket from my closet LOL!  I love wearing this on New Years Eve.  Have not done the t-shirt look with it as of yet. 

12642678_1220127204683901_8917983720771911872_n.jpg

Edited by Vicefan7777
Forgot my pic
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Rattlehead said:

Today's outfit inspired by the end of The Maze.

Cool look.  Where did you get the blazer?  It looks like a good warm weather option since the sleeves can be rolled easily.

Edited by IA-SteveB

10 hours ago, IA-SteveB said:

Cool look.  Where did you get the blazer?  It looks like a good warm weather option since the sleeves can be rolled easily.

Thanks! Its a Tasso Elba linen blazer from Macy's! I bought it in-store but you can order it on their site. Its half-lined so considering that, the material, and the ability to roll up the sleeves easily, this would be great for warm weather!

20190612_164818.jpg

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Rattlehead said:

Thanks! Its a Tasso Elba linen blazer from Macy's! I bought it in-store but you can order it on their site. Its half-lined so considering that, the material, and the ability to roll up the sleeves easily, this would be great for warm weather!

20190612_164818.jpg

Funny you should post this. I just bought that exact Tasso Elba linen blazer at Macy's yesterday. Very cool.

Found it.  I ended up going with the light blue one since I need some more color.  Thanks a lot!

Edited by IA-SteveB