SHOW your MV-inspired style!

squeezem3

20 hours ago, pmconroy said:

I like this spin on the look. Crockett never did monochrome unless it was an all-white look, but this works!

His costume in the jewelry store scene in Home Invaders (“Up in the air, Angel”) is very similar to this. 

• Like 1

On 3/24/2019 at 3:43 AM, Rattlehead said:

Showing love for Smuggler's Blues and Milk Run. I recently bought these Ray Bans!

IMG_00301.jpg

20190319_135255.jpg

20190321_131719.jpg

Great look.

• Like 1

On 3/24/2019 at 4:43 AM, Rattlehead said:

Showing love for Smuggler's Blues and Milk Run. I recently bought these Ray Bans!

get some acetone and a cotton swab to rub off the Ray-Ban script on the lens. Just make sure you stay on the lens and don't touch the frame with the acetone.

14 hours ago, daytona365 said:

get some acetone and a cotton swab to rub off the Ray-Ban script on the lens. Just make sure you stay on the lens and don't touch the frame with the acetone.

That's why I would always recommend to buy vintage Ray-Bans, they're cheaper actually than brand new ones and in my opinion look better and they're actually identical to the ones used in the show if you buy the right ones. Nonetheless, these look good.

• Like 1

Two days ago I've tried a new Crockett type-of outfit! I don't know whether Sonny actually has worn this combination, but it reminds me of season 2 somehow.

I've cruised around with two mates and ended up at a nice beer garden to enjoy a cool drink in the warm spring sun. It was lovely! I also noticed that after a couple of times wearing this style feels kinda natural to me. The light and relaxed feeling of linen is just great! 

After a little while I finally found an interesting blazer again. It's a grey, half-lined linen blazer by the british brand Barbour. Very similar to the light grey linen blazer I've posted earlier in this thread, just a few shades darker. Can't wait for it to arrive! 

Oh, and I've got new records, of course. ;) Down below two of them every MV-fan should own! Jan Hammer is a genius! 

20190311_144341.jpg

20190401_180436.jpg

• Like 4

1 minute ago, squeezem3 said:

Two days ago I've tried a new Crockett type-of outfit! I don't know whether Sonny actually has worn this combination, but it reminds me of season 2 somehow.

I've cruised around with two mates and ended up at a nice beer garden to enjoy a cool drink in the warm spring sun. It was lovely! I also noticed that after a couple of times wearing this style feels kinda natural to me. The light and relaxed feeling of linen is just great! 

After a little while I finally found an interesting blazer again. It's a grey, half-lined linen blazer by the british brand Barbour. Very similar to the light grey linen blazer I've posted earlier in this thread, just a few shades darker. Can't wait for it to arrive! 

Oh, and I've got new records, of course. ;) Down below two of them every MV-fan should own! Jan Hammer is a genius! 

20190311_144341.jpg

20190401_180436.jpg

Nice , thanks for posting.

Spring is beginning to bring Minnesota back to life and I may start wearing the look again next week. I will be posting here some cool combos. I have ideas for outfits that I can make on my own and I also have quite a few outfits that are pulled straight from the series - the iconic looks from Smuggler's Blues, Milk Run, Brother's Keeper, Evan, Payback, One-Eyed Jack and even Payback to name a few. I'm excited to show off my threads.

• Like 2

Some "voluntary experimentation" today with the colors. I should've bought the unlined white jacket I saw a few days ago, it'd have looked killer with these colors.

20190406_140403.jpg

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Bren10 said:

Rattlehead, you've got some of the Crockett stubble going on. :thumbsup:

Crockett’s stubble looks good on him but makes me look like a bum. That’s one liberty I’m forced to take.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bren10 said:

Rattlehead, you've got some of the Crockett stubble going on. :thumbsup:

Haha, wasn't my idea. I simply forgot to shave today!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bren10 said:

Rattlehead, you've got the hair to do an evil Burnett pony tail if you want too.

YES I TOTALLY AGREE

We talk outside of here, he's also tried the shaggy look.

• Like 1