SHOW your MV-inspired style!

squeezem3

7 minutes ago, squeezem3 said:

This was the second outfit I considered wearing on friday, but then I didn't wanna combine linen pants with a cotton blazer, and went for the modified Smuggler's Blues look posted above. 

Same pants as posted above, same shades, henley by basefield, unlined 100% cotton blazer by JOOPBeautyPlus_20190219150317786_save.thumb.jpg.548d79619fd8beec14513762ec4b9c67.jpg

Is there something wrong with mixing linen and cotton? Crockett did it all the time. By the way, great ensemble there.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, pmconroy said:

Is there something wrong with mixing linen and cotton? Crockett did it all the time. By the way, great ensemble there.

I don't know, to be honest. Just noticed the very different structure of the pant's fabric and the blazer, so changed my mind. Maybe next time ;)

1 hour ago, squeezem3 said:

I don't know, to be honest. Just noticed the very different structure of the pant's fabric and the blazer, so changed my mind. Maybe next time ;)

For me, I don't wear cotton pants. Cotton or linen or a blend of the two is fine for jackets, but 100% cotton for pants is not. I much prefer linen any day.

In public, I’ve never hesitated to tell a total stranger (male or female) they have great style if they are really rocking their look—whether it be original or inspired. Everyone in this thread so far would get said treatment from me. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Robbie and ZAQ, you should post your pictures of the looks! Would be interesting to see. You don't have to of course but we'd love to see it.

Dadrian, if you ever see me in public I hope you say "Freeze! Miami Vice" lmao

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, pmconroy said:

Robbie and ZAQ, you should post your pictures of the looks! Would be interesting to see. You don't have to of course but we'd love to see it.

Dadrian, if you ever see me in public I hope you say "Freeze! Miami Vice" lmao

I know @Tony D. would. Especially at the bank. :) 

• Haha 1

On 3/14/2019 at 9:20 AM, Dadrian said:

I know @Tony D. would. Especially at the bank. :) 

I would & DID......but lately you have to be careful pretending to point a gun, especially in a bank!  :p

• Haha 3

Another season 3 kind of style on this cloudy sunday! The blazer mightn't be typically Crockett, because it's slim fit and fully lined, still it's one of my favorites! It's 60% cotton/40% silk with a bit of a shining effect, and it feels pretty lightweight overall. Love it! Nonetheless I'm hoping for some more sun next weekend to go for a more colorful look! 20190317_171638.thumb.jpg.6979043759bba53cc819c9545b097ecc.jpg

shoes: Cubavera mokassins, pants: 100% linen by H&M, shirt: random v-neck by Tommy Hilfiger, shades: Rayban Wayfarer 2140

20190317_142515.jpg

• Like 8

Hi Everyone,

It has been a while since I posted, and even longer since I posted images . . . and now here is my contribution to this MV inspired style thread, my handmade premium leather men's Italian vintage style clutch wallet, added the St. Anthony pendants myself. 

Now, I realize that such accessories were not featured in MV, though I can share that not having any items in pant or jacket pockets definitely contributes toward a nice look, no bulging pockets or heavy smartphone dragging jacket down, plus the comfort level increases. I store and comfortably carry the phone, car/house keys, cash, ID and other cards, a nice pen, a few sheets of small notepad paper, loose change, and on ocassion documents - only a nice cotton hankie goes in back pants pocket. The lock is more to keep it from flying open should it be dropped, though that is hard to do with the hand strap it comes with, which can be removed should one wish to carry it under the arm. Can't say it is waterproof in the going into pool with it sense, however, I did get rained on *hard* getting back to car a few months ago, and let me tell you, not a single drop of water or any moisture inside the clutch, at all. The thing is light, and can hold even more than I carry in it.

Hope you all enjoy, if so, I will post images of my OTHER one ;-)

Mister Roman

Front.jpg

Back.jpg

Side.jpg

• Like 3

Very nice item! Yeah, the question where to carry all the stuff as a guy is a difficult one! Wallet and keys is actually enough to put it into pockets of your pants, plus if you are a smoker there are smokes and a lighter.... not to mention nowaday´s most essential item: the damn big and heavy smartphone. I try not to put anything into the blazer´s pockets, but it is just too much stuff to not do it...

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, squeezem3 said:

Very nice item! Yeah, the question where to carry all the stuff as a guy is a difficult one! Wallet and keys is actually enough to put it into pockets of your pants, plus if you are a smoker there are smokes and a lighter.... not to mention nowaday´s most essential item: the damn big and heavy smartphone. I try not to put anything into the blazer´s pockets, but it is just too much stuff to not do it...

I still smoke at times, apparently only when out of town and away from the wife :-) and when I do, I use a slim metal cigarrette case, fits a half pack, and a small metal refillable butane lighter, those go right in there too. I am amazed at how light and comfortable it feels to not have anything in pockets, except for a folded hankie in back pocket as I mentioned. Also, when I need to carry any kind of papers (bank/wire office form etc) the clutch is just right to fold those over, and safely and neatly carry them with, no crumpling. 

BTW, this is handmade in that it is hand cut, and then stitched with a sewing machine. The type of leather is certainly selected by hand, the thickness and grain is just right in every way. I rub it with German leather lotion every now and again, and it just looks new all the time. Highly recommended!

Great look, @Rattlehead! These combinations are absolutely Crockett-approved!

Yesterday I went out in a classic Crockett-outfit in natural linen color, even the shoes are linen. :) Definitely one of my favorites.

Oh, and I've got a box with some more records this week for my new vinyl obsession, totally enjoying these tunes on this relaxed Sunday! 

20190208_130430.jpg

20190324_130628.jpg

• Like 3

On 3/23/2019 at 4:26 AM, Retro80sfan said:

At first glance it looks like a screenshot from Seasons 4 and 5! :)

You won't believe I had problems because of that pic, I also had more from that session and another one from 1992 here but I had to remove them.

5 hours ago, squeezem3 said:

Great look, @Rattlehead! These combinations are absolutely Crockett-approved!

Yesterday I went out in a classic Crockett-outfit in natural linen color, even the shoes are linen. :) Definitely one of my favorites.

Oh, and I've got a box with some more records this week for my new vinyl obsession, totally enjoying these tunes on this relaxed Sunday! 

20190208_130430.jpg

20190324_130628.jpg

I like this spin on the look. Crockett never did monochrome unless it was an all-white look, but this works!