SHOW your MV-inspired style!

squeezem3

I really need to get some more pictures. I have been wearing the look so far this year and I refuse not to at this point since it's almost June, even though it's like 40 degrees today.

Please do so, Patrick! 

Alright folks, Tasso Elba has recently put out half-lined linen jackets and they're great. Not many pastel colors but here's a light blue one. I have a white jacket and a light gray (labeled "Slate Shade") coming in. They appear to offer a mint (appears very light in stock photos) and a pink (pattern on it is distracting.)

20190519_181339.jpg

• Like 3

Sorry for the poor photo quality, but I have been in a rush when it was taken. Another pair of linen pants Ive got recently, and I really like it a lot! Unfortunately the camera cannot catch its true color. It is more of a mint green than a light blue in reality. Also found black henleys. :) 

Sadly I have missed out on a very nice vintage Versace-blazer lately, but I will be in Italy during the first week of june, so hopefully the odds arent too bad there when it comes to find a really special item from the 80s!

20190522_152803 (2).jpg

• Like 5

On 4/25/2019 at 4:03 PM, squeezem3 said:

Down below another linen blazer I've got lately! It's actually quite similar to the light gray blazer from my previous post, but it's slightly darker, and has a little more of an 80s cut, including bigger shoulder pads. Very comfortable to wear! 

20190425_164932.jpg

20190425_162029.jpg

Almost the "Smugglers Blues" look :)

Image result for smuggler blues

• Like 1

@squeezem3 Loving it! I own mint linen pants, I ought to give them more use.

Here's today's look, inspired by what Crockett wears in the opening of Milk Run.

20190522_135005.jpg

Edited by Rattlehead
  • Like 5

On 5/22/2019 at 8:51 AM, squeezem3 said:

Sorry for the poor photo quality, but I have been in a rush when it was taken. Another pair of linen pants Ive got recently, and I really like it a lot! Unfortunately the camera cannot catch its true color. It is more of a mint green than a light blue in reality. Also found black henleys. :) 

Sadly I have missed out on a very nice vintage Versace-blazer lately, but I will be in Italy during the first week of june, so hopefully the odds arent too bad there when it comes to find a really special item from the 80s!

20190522_152803 (2).jpg

That color looks so good. I'm really glad I got a pair while they were in stock too.

• Like 1

Can anyone recommend a color of pants to go with this blazer?  It is described as stone.

s-l1600.jpg

Edited by IA-SteveB

@IA-SteveB virtually any denim. 

If you’re going for a Crockett look, a rugged light denim would have a Season 5 feel. 

Then basically any pastel or even white for a Season 1 or 2 look. :thumbsup:

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, IA-SteveB said:

Can anyone recommend a color of pants to go with this blazer?  It is described as stone.

s-l1600.jpg

I'd go with white or light gray.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks, guys.  I am indeed trying for a Crockett season 1 and 2 look.  I picked up an island blue henley to go under this for a wedding reception.  The hunt for proper shoes is on now.

Edited by IA-SteveB
  • Like 1

This thread is amazing! Kudos to all you guys for going after the style with such enthusiasm. You've inspired me. I am so on board. As soon as I get my first outfit, I'll post a pic.

• Like 3

I picked these up on the Macy's site because they had a definite Sonny vibe to them.  I don't usually buy shoes without trying them on first so fingers crossed.  I absolutely hate exchanging or returning online purchases.  This will show up as rose but I got white.

Slowly piecing together my first look.  

I got the shoes, white linen pants, this shirt in a few different colors (lilac wine and cherry pie) and this blazer in grey.  I already have a genuine Miami Vice labeled white tuxedo jacket coming along with a stone colored jacket I showed earlier in the thread.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, IA-SteveB said:

I picked these up on the Macy's site because they had a definite Sonny vibe to them.  I don't usually buy shoes without trying them on first so fingers crossed.  I absolutely hate exchanging or returning online purchases.  This will show up as rose but I got white.

Slowly piecing together my first look.  

I got the shoes, white linen pants, this shirt in a few different colors (lilac wine and cherry pie) and this blazer in grey.  I already have a genuine Miami Vice labeled white tuxedo jacket coming along with a stone colored jacket I showed earlier in the thread.

Congrats on adopting the look, pal! I just hope you're ready to sacrifice at least $500 to build a sufficient wardrobe

Oh for sure.  That's what disposable income is for.  :)  I figure I can get a lot of mileage out of a few blazers by just having different colors of pastel shirts/henleys to cycle through.  Pants are the hardest for me because anything I get will need to be altered.  I'm a hard to find 30x29.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, IA-SteveB said:

Oh for sure.  That's what disposable income is for.  :)  I figure I can get a lot of mileage out of a few blazers by just having different colors of pastel shirts/henleys to cycle through.  Pants are the hardest for me because anything I get will need to be altered.  I'm a hard to find 30x29.

Absolutely. Sadly, it will be a difficult time finding pants in that size. I'm a 32x30, and it was hard enough for me.

So here is the Daniel Cremieux mostly unlined linen blazer.  I am just wearing it with a navy Lululemon v neck here but I think this will look great with pastel under it.  I am only 5'4 and this is a medium ... a little baggy but it is the 80s. It is the Sahara blazer in the color "stone."  I was shocked at the price ($29) and wondered if it is a knockoff but it had all tags and the satchel of extra buttons just like other Cremieux things I have bought at Dillards. This is well made indeed but I may get rid of the navy blue pocket square.

20190531_200414.jpg

20190531_201002.jpg

Edited by IA-SteveB
  • Like 3