Miami Vice review series by Morgan Richter

Rattlehead

19 minutes ago, Rattlehead said:

Morgan Ritcher's channel is very small, little views but she's a huge fan of the show. Her reviews are short and concise, she uploads twice a week and provides some good input. This is her latest video!

https://youtu.be/uEHbyA0bTc4

You are so right!!! I love, love this channel!!! Thank you for the heads up, Rattlehead!!!

Hi, everyone! I hope no one minds me jumping in, but someone on Twitter tipped me off to this board. Thank you for the nice words about my series! I'm glad everyone seems to be enjoying it thus far. I'm having a great deal of fun doing it, so I'm planning on keeping it going.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Morgan Richter said:

Hi, everyone! I hope no one minds me jumping in, but someone on Twitter tipped me off to this board. Thank you for the nice words about my series! I'm glad everyone seems to be enjoying it thus far. I'm having a great deal of fun doing it, so I'm planning on keeping it going.

I love your reviews!! You get straight to the point, give an excellent summary and some really funny commentary!

I thought I knew so much about the series and cast until I watched your channel! Thanks for all the hard work! I really appreciate it!

PS I hope you stick around! The members are really nice and share a lot of good info!

Edited by mjcmmv

3 hours ago, Morgan Richter said:

Welcome to the site! Your review videos are great. 

• 1 month later...
On 6/6/2019 at 9:11 AM, Morgan Richter said:

LOL I check Youtube every day to see if there's a new one!  Great work.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

In case anyone here is not already following Morgan Richter's Miami Vice Changed Everything, today she's reviewing Definitely Miami.

15 minutes ago, vicegirl85 said:

In case anyone here is not already following Morgan Richter's Miami Vice Changed Everything, today she's reviewing Definitely Miami.

She is the BEST!!! Love her reviews. And, she tells us facts about the show, actors, directors. etc. that aren't commonly known. Well worth checking out!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Interesting, I've never heard of this youtuber before but this was better than I thought it'd be. It's been a while since I saw this episode but I did get used to Crockett's new paintbrush simulator haircut after a while and I distinctly remember the scene when Crockett lowers his shades after his car goes boom trigger this thought in my mind: "Oh my god! That's the scene from all those gifs!!!!!" Haha, anyway good video. I think I'll check out her other stuff, fair reviews for the most part. I like her memory ability to recall similar scenes from episodes.

Where did she get the stats on fans preferring Wolf's episodes to Mann's? Rather curious, I always thought it was the other way around but perhaps I am to be mistaken on that. I know I prefer Mann too, for the most part. Though interesting point on the under explaining and over explaining, I didn't see it that way till now. However I wonder if that applies to something like Death and the Lady, whose ending I believe was left up in the air for the most part and kinda confused me actually.

It's funny she mentions Walter Gotell, I watched The Spy Who Loved Me last night with my dad and now I gotta tell my dad he was in Vice too :D

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Assasinge said:

Where did she get the stats on fans preferring Wolf's episodes to Mann's? Rather curious, I always thought it was the other way around but perhaps I am to be mistaken on that. I know I prefer Mann too, for the most part.

I always enjoy her reviews although occasionally I disagree with them :)  She's very thoughtful and makes great points in a short period of time--usually 4-6 minutes per episode.  And that's with the interesting details about the guest stars, writers, directors, etc.  She said she studied filmmaking, so maybe she had an instructor or classmate(s) that was a Wolf fan?  Based on comments from the majority of forum members here, I'd have said Wolf fans are a minority, but it's all in who you talk to, I guess.

I like episodes from both Mann and Wolf (probably each one for different reasons).  I've said before that the very topical stories of Season 3 resonated with me because they mirrored things that were happening in the world at the time.  Back then, it was fairly unusual to have the real world reflected in a popular TV show, and MV did that in a stylish, sleek way with great music.  For me, Wolf was a little more about story, and Mann was a little more about style.

Irish Eyes is actually one of my favorite episodes but I don't know of anyone else who likes it as much as I do.  It was a surprise to me that Morgan Richter liked it as much as she did.

31 minutes ago, vicegirl85 said:

I've said before that the very topical stories of Season 3 resonated with me because they mirrored things that were happening in the world at the time.  Back then, it was fairly unusual to have the real world reflected in a popular TV show, and MV did that in a stylish, sleek way with great music.  For me, Wolf was a little more about story, and Mann was a little more about style.

Never thought about that. Of course we love the episodes for different reasons and I respect that. I LOVE Liam and so, I enjoyed this episode. I just didn't see him with Gina. And Morgan brought up a good point. If they ended it with Sean being shot and falling over the wall, it would have been a MIchael Mann ending. Wolf had to stretch it out and show Sean dead  and Gina being comforted by Crockett. The romantic me loved that. But the "this is reality" me, said, "No". 

Edited by mjcmmv
  • Like 1

Oh, I never saw Gina ending up with Liam Neeson!  But this ep did give me (false!) hope that she and Sonny would get back together.  And I think Morgan made a good point I hadn't considered when she said Wolf liked to finish off a story rather than leave it open-ended for the viewer to decide what happened.  Food for thought!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Assasinge said:

I'm not a big fan of Irish Eyes either actually, certainly not the worst episode but I think 3 could have started off much better. This was a bit weak in my opinion.

Well, I do think it had its weaknesses.  It's not a perfect episode.  But I still like it a lot :)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, vicegirl85 said:

Well, I do think it had its weaknesses.  It's not a perfect episode.  But I still like it a lot :)

Well I never called you out or anything for liking it, nor did I say it was a bad episode. I mean, let's be real here, what can be worse than the sci fi episode? The cheap spinoff one? Hah, I cried at that one.

Edited by Assasinge
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, vicegirl85 said:

I loved it, but for different reasons. Blowing up the Ferrari for instance. The expression on Crockett's face was classic! 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Assasinge said:

Well I never called you out or anything for liking it, nor did I say it was a bad episode. I mean, let's be real here, what can be worse than the sci fi episode? The cheap spinoff one? Hah, I cried at that one.

No worries!  And you're right about those two losers :)

23 minutes ago, vicegirl85 said:

I loved it too. It was a classic! 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mjcmmv said:

I loved it, but for different reasons. Blowing up the Ferrari for instance. The expression on Crockett's face was classic! 

LOL, that was a great scene!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Assasinge said:

Love you're episode comments. I cried, too!

• Like 1