Miami Vice review series by Morgan Richter

Rattlehead

But were the same locations used for Stan's place? Maybe the location experts could chime in. MV wiki says in MFEO Stan lived in Oceanic Breeze Apartments.

On 3/21/2020 at 1:36 AM, Bren10 said:

But were the same locations used for Stan's place? Maybe the location experts could chime in. MV wiki says in MFEO Stan lived in Oceanic Breeze Apartments.

The interior of his place was a set at Greenwich Studios. The exterior was filmed at the same adress 7615 Harding Avenue, Miami Beach as in "MFEO," but another apartment. 

You can view it all here: http://www.miamivicelocations5.org/page16.html

Edited by summer84
  • Thanks 1

The new apartment is not the same as the one in "Made For Each Other" (On Harding Avenue) because the steps to the entrance to the main door are completely different, the steps you see in season 1 go straight up to the right of his apartment in Hard Knocks they are to the left and curve.

40 minutes ago, RedDragon86 said:

The new apartment is not the same as the one in "Made For Each Other" (On Harding Avenue) because the steps to the entrance to the main door are completely different, the steps you see in season 1 go straight up to the right of his apartment in Hard Knocks they are to the left and curve.

It is the same building. From the opposite side. I saw for myself in person last spring.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Dadrian said:

It is the same building. From the opposite side. I saw for myself in person last spring.

Oh I see Stan's girlfriend leaves out the back way.

Is it the same on apartment on the inside? because the one in Hard Knocks looks much bigger.

Edited by RedDragon86

8 minutes ago, RedDragon86 said:

Is it the same on apartment on the inside? because the one in Hard Knocks looks much bigger.

4 hours ago, summer84 said:

The interior of his place was a set at Greenwich Studios.

:thumbsup:

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, summer84 said:

The interior of his place was a set at Greenwich Studios. The exterior was filmed at the same adress 7615 Harding Avenue, Miami Beach as in "MFEO," but another apartment. 

You can view it all here: http://www.miamivicelocations5.org/page16.html

I guess you didn't see my post. I did say it was another apartment. :thumbsup:@RedDragon86

Edited by summer84
  • Like 2

Peter Nelson is most well known as Brian in NBC's V miniseries and its sequel. He was the baby lizard's daddy. Also, the closing conversation with Castillo and Crockett is kind of a callback to a conversation the two had in a previous episode (I forget which one) only their roles were reversed. "I need to know what you thought."  "It's not what I think, it's what I know. I know you're a good cop."

• Like 2

4 out 5? 1 away from being a classic?

Because that is the strength of any rating system.

Edited by RedDragon86

3 hours ago, Campion said:

IMO, an episode as bad as Missing Hours. 

I'm enjoying her video review series, but I'm not sure there's been an episode she hasn't liked.

There's been a couple she hasn't been happy with. Not every vid is on this thread either. I think she's grading them in terms of the show's standards and not general tv standards so she's a little generous. Her sensibilities are also a little different probably because she's been close to the business.

• Like 2

Enjoy her reviews but the only good thing about this episode IMO is that it provides PMT a good vehicle to display his acting ability.  Oh and it does have some good views of the Sterling Building, 927 Lincoln Road on Miami Beach.

• Like 1

Personally, I would have had an easier time buying Lombard having a second son who was involved in crime. It's really a stretch to connect the two as the same character. There really is a feeling of two different episodes shoved together here. There was a big opportunity to give Lombard a serious, poignant send-off if they would've just left out the whole HAVOC thing.   Schiavelli was also famous for appearing on Taxi with Andy Kaufman.

• Like 2

vor 42 Minuten schrieb Bren10:

Personally, I would have had an easier time buying Lombard having a second son who was involved in crime. It's really a stretch to connect the two as the same character. There really is a feeling of two different episodes shoved together here. There was a big opportunity to give Lombard a serious, poignant send-off if they would've just left out the whole HAVOC thing.   Schiavelli was also famous for appearing on Taxi with Andy Kaufman.

I find a bit annoying that Morgan Ritcher is sometimes using her false personal perceptions as an “objective” reasoning for downrating an episode (on the contrary she is of course entitled to her own overall rating). She maintains for example that Lombard faked his death at the end of season one and his resurrection in WOT is therefore hard to believe. 
In fact, Lombard rejected to testify in court against Librizzi at the end of season 1 before leaving the courthouse and the last scene showed two armed goons in a car  making a u-turn to follow him for a hit. Ritcher must have misunderstood the Lombard episode ending to make a wrong claim about a final fake death in that episode. Given the real end it is not so unlikely that he has been fleeing around the world with Librizzi on his heels and risks to resurface to meet his grandson.

But I agree with her that there is a character continuity issue with Lombards son who was a complete different character in season 1. That’s a mistake they did several times with long arching storylines eg also with Ma Sek in Heart of Night.

that they used Ned Eisenberg again after three episodes is weak but explainable. Cancellation of the series (and the decision to bring Librizzi back for concluding the Lombard arc) was decided after filming Lost Madonna.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Tom said:

I find a bit annoying that Morgan Ritcher is sometimes using her false personal perceptions as an “objective” reasoning for downrating an episode (on the contrary she is of course entitled to her own overall rating). She maintains for example that Lombard faked his death at the end of season one and his resurrection in WOT is therefore hard to believe. 
In fact, Lombard rejected to testify in court against Librizzi at the end of season 1 before leaving the courthouse and the last scene showed two armed goons in a car  making a u-turn to follow him for a hit. Ritcher must have misunderstood the Lombard episode ending to make a wrong claim about a final fake death in that episode. Given the real end it is not so unlikely that he has been fleeing around the world with Librizzi on his heels and risks to resurface to meet his grandson.

But I agree with her that there is a character continuity issue with Lombards son who was a complete different character in season 1. That’s a mistake they did several times with long arching storylines eg also with Ma Sek in Heart of Night.

that they used Ned Eisenberg again after three episodes is weak but explainable. Cancellation of the series (and the decision to bring Librizzi back for concluding the Lombard arc) was decided after filming Lost Madonna.

I always imagine that Al died at the end of "Lombard" those 2 men where hitters for Librizzi and his car gets shot up.

Edited by RedDragon86