Can you name the film from this screenshot?

RedDragon86

4 minutes ago, Dadrian said:

The Last Action Hero?

You would think so but its one of his early action movies. 

Edited by RedDragon86

10 minutes ago, RedDragon86 said:

You would think so but its one of his early action movies. 

Well I thought Terminator would be too obvious, but maybe wrong again. I don’t remember that shot (pun-intended). 

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, AndrewRemington said:

This may be a tough one... or maybe not! :)

Screen Shot 2021-06-05 at 2.01.07 PM.png

This one is tough, I'll admit, but one may remember this actress from a MV season 3 episode.

3 hours ago, RedDragon86 said:

Is that Tico's date, Jan Larken in Killshot?

Very warm, but not quite it! It’s Isabel Batista (Maria Duvall).

• Like 1

On 6/5/2021 at 3:05 PM, AndrewRemington said:

This may be a tough one... or maybe not! :)

Screen Shot 2021-06-05 at 2.01.07 PM.png

Permanent Vacation 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, MrsEvanFreed said:

Permanent Vacation 

You got it! Have you seen it? It’s Jim Jarmusch’s first film. I really liked it.

2 hours ago, AndrewRemington said:

You got it! Have you seen it? It’s Jim Jarmusch’s first film. I really liked it.

Loooong time ago, time to revisit it.

Only seen a few of his films.

This one, Ghost Dog, Dead Man and The Dead Don't Die 

• Like 1

On 6/5/2021 at 12:40 PM, RedDragon86 said:

:thumbsup:

I didn't view "Raw Deal" until about 10 years ago on Showtime. As a kid, the film (along with "Down and Out in Beverly hills", "Ruthless People, "Tin Men" & "Outrageous Fortune") was home on Showtime, and my parents & I had HBO, so I didn't catch it on TV or rent it (I don't know, it just kind of passed me by, but we got "Commando" and "The Running Man", so I feel good about that). Well, it turns out I like it, especially the supporting cast (Robert Davi, Darren McGavin, Sam Wanamaker, Paul Shenar, Kathryn Harrold, Steven Hill, Ed Lauter,...geez). My favorite scenes are Harrold's Morique beating up some goon with mannequin parts (she has a leg and knows how to use it; in typical Schwarzenegger film fashion, Harrold plays a strong, independent woman who can hold her own. Elizabeth Perkins' Susan character in "Big" reminds me of her), Arnie's undercover sherriff/former fed character shooting up a goon-laden construction site to the tune of "Satisfaction" (he got some!), the climax, and the ending, which I found to be heartwarming (I think the reaction shot of the nurse was a key addition, but I generally get pretty emotional about the entire scene).

Edited by Eillio Martin Imbasciati
misspelling, forgotten word
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
50 minutes ago, AndrewRemington said:

“The Dead Don’t Die”! And that is Iggy Pop! Legendary singer!

I watched it last night on Netflix. Good film.

Did you notice the actress in the diner who played Dorothy in Buddies?

Untitled.png.5df444f699933c56fb1401380c016ddf.png

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RedDragon86 said:

I watched it last night on Netflix. Good film.

Did you notice the actress in the diner who played Dorothy in Buddies?

Untitled.png.5df444f699933c56fb1401380c016ddf.png

Yes, indeed! Eszter Balint. She was also one of the main characters in Jarmusch's first major film, "Stranger Than Paradise," which came out a year before "Buddies."

I'm amazed when people say her acting was poor in "Buddies" because I didn't think so, and "Stranger Than Paradise" has a 96% fresh rating on Rotten Tomatoes.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, AndrewRemington said:

Yes, indeed! Eszter Balint. She was also one of the main characters in Jarmusch's first major film, "Stranger Than Paradise," which came out a year before "Buddies."

I'm amazed when people say her acting was poor in "Buddies" because I didn't think so, and "Stranger Than Paradise" has a 96% fresh rating on Rotten Tomatoes.

She did a really good job in "Buddies" if she acted poorly I don't think I would have cared for her character but I did.

I mean I think you cannot feel sorry for a character in anything if their acting is poor because that is all you would be focused on.

I think some might think this way because Dorothy is timid and an awkward person who lacks confidence. If she was loud and full of herself the critics might give her a pass.

Edited by RedDragon86
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, RedDragon86 said:

It is "Zachariah" starring a very young Don Johnson and John Rubinstein.

Incredibly young