Can you name the film from this screenshot?

RedDragon86

57 minutes ago, Jack Gretsky said:

I still need to experience "The Joy of Sex" with Michelle.

Wait, that came out wrong.  See.  I still need the see that movie.  :)

Ha ha, and I hope you find that particular joy that you seek:thumbsup:.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, RedDragon86 said:

Next:

2.png.ce5a2df702187a0ace9b39ede56220bc.png

1.png

Looks like Phanie Napoli so I'm guessing Absence of Malice filmed in Miami. 

1 hour ago, king77 said:

Is it The Substitute with my old neighbor Tom Berenger

If the other photo is Phanie Napoli, I don’t think she was in The Substitute 

1 hour ago, Dadrian said:

If the other photo is Phanie Napoli, I don’t think she was in The Substitute 

Yeah it is Phanie Napoli :)

Hint - the other actor she is looking at, out of shot starred in "The Jericho Mile"

Edited by RedDragon86
  • Like 1

Is it "Stick"? That film had Jai-Alai in it and Phanie Napoli's character is looking at Richard Lawson's Cornell character, right? I haven't seen "Stick" in years, and when I did, it was in piecemeal fashion (Charles Dunning's wig is unforgettable though, "Chucky" indeed).

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Eillio Martin Imbasciati said:

Is it "Stick"? That film had Jai-Alai in it and Phanie Napoli's character is looking at Richard Lawson's Cornell character, right? I haven't seen "Stick" in years, and when I did, it was in piecemeal fashion (Charles Dunning's wig is unforgettable though, "Chucky" indeed).

Actual comment from the trailer on YouTube:

”I watched it on acid and it was awesome”

:) :) :) 

The YouTube comment section never fails :) 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dadrian said:

Actual comment from the trailer on YouTube:

”I watched it on acid and it was awesome”

:) :) :) 

The YouTube comment section never fails :) 

So I'm right? Great, I always wanted to get one of these, and it's a Miami one! So, what do I win, a free trip to Costa Morada (I heard they need a new finance minister, and I like that they have nuns with guns, which for me beats out Girls with Guns, and let me tell you...)?

Yeah, YouTube comments are pretty awesome; I do a lot of posting on there, and definitely love reading the input of others on there as well:radio:.

6 minutes ago, Eillio Martin Imbasciati said:

So I'm right? Great, I always wanted to get one of these, and it's a Miami one! So, what do I win, a free trip to Costa Morada (I heard they need a new finance minister, and I like that they have nuns with guns, which for me beats out Girls with Guns, and let me tell you...)?

Yeah, YouTube comments are pretty awesome; I do a lot of posting on there, and definitely love reading the input of others on there as well:radio:.

We await the official word from @RedDragon86

• Like 2

Just now, Dadrian said:

We await the official word from @RedDragon86

Oh, well, I'll still pack my things, awaiting my all-expenses paid trip to Costa Morada (I need to find someone who will start the car when out there though, I'm not for those "Costa Morada tune-ups"!).

2 hours ago, Eillio Martin Imbasciati said:

Well done! :thumbsup:

The Jai-Alai arena is obviously the same one in "Killshot?"

Edited by RedDragon86
  • Like 1

Just now, RedDragon86 said:

Well done! :thumbsup:

The Jai-Alai arena is obviously the same on in "Killshot"

Oh, for sure; when I think of Jai-Alai, I think of the Roger Wheeler case from "Unsolved Mysteries" and, of course, 'Killshot'.  I gotta get back on that "Stick" though, someday!

• Like 2

On 9/1/2021 at 1:12 PM, Eillio Martin Imbasciati said:

Oh, well, I'll still pack my things, awaiting my all-expenses paid trip to Costa Morada (I need to find someone who will start the car when out there though, I'm not for those "Costa Morada tune-ups"!).

An update on my all-expenses paid Costa Morado trip: it's been great, and I'm here with "The Running Man" winners Whitman, Price, and Haddad (I have one of them start the car; all good so far, but it doesn't look like I'll get the finance minister post though)!

1 hour ago, RedDragon86 said:

Next:

Untitled.png.99900b41388df0e0065c5a82f714b61a.png

The "German New Wave."  Werner Herzog's Aguirre, the Wrath of God with the crazed Klaus Kinski. Stunning visuals. 

Edited by Jack Gretsky
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Jack Gretsky said:

The "German New Wave."  Werner Herzog's Aguirre, the Wrath of God with the crazed Klaus Kinski. Stunning visuals. 

Correct!

Yes! visually stunning and surreal Heart of Darkness adventure and the opening scene is legendary.

• Like 1

I see Stick was posted above.

Saw that in theaters back in 1985.

The scene that will forever stand out, Moke (Dar Robinson) violently punching Louisa (Phanie Napoli) in the face. Then shooting his friend Cornell.  

Stick is an underrated gem from the 80's.

• Like 3