Can you name the film from this screenshot?

RedDragon86

1 hour ago, Jack Gretsky said:

OH yes!!  One of my favorites, "The Ninth Configuration" aka "Twinkle Twinkle Killer Kane" starring Stacy Keach and, on the left in this grab, Scott Wilson who was nominated for the Golden Globe for Supporting Actor in this. 

(William Peter (The Exorcist) Blatty won the GG Best Screenplay over much more well-known movies of 1980 - The Elephant Man, Ordinary People, Raging Bull and The Stunt Man.)

I watched this for the first time on Prime they other night and I loved it. 

It's one of my favorite films too.

• Like 1

On 10/29/2021 at 3:55 AM, ViceFanMan said:

Here’s one (hint: despite what this looks like, the movie itself is not animated): 

3967D3A3-352B-4D8F-84AD-1DEA3247A00D.jpeg

"The Bird with the Crystal Plumage"

1 hour ago, RedDragon86 said:

Next:

Untitled.thumb.png.9826a10a8c699e81b1bb975e73723c6c.png

“Sleepaway Camp”...love this movie!  I was actually thinking about watching it later tonight, lol, as I have not seen it in several years! 

For as low budget as this movie was, the plot, and special effects were actually very well done...especially with that guys face, it was horrifying but because it was realistically done! 

Edited by ViceFanMan
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, ViceFanMan said:

Sleepaway Camp...love this movie!  I was actually thinking about watching it later tonight, lol, as I have not seen it in several years! 

Correct!

The ending is messed up :eek:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, RedDragon86 said:

Correct!

Lol :)...that was the point, to have one, wild, did-not-see-that-coming ending! :eek: :p 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ViceFanMan said:

Lol :)...that was the point, to have one, wild, did-not-see-that-coming ending! :eek: :p 

Oh I wasn't criticizing that moment just saying it was shocking. It was the best part of the film. 

Underrated 80s horror classic, I found it to much better than Friday the 13th. Love this song as well.

Edited by RedDragon86
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, RedDragon86 said:

Correct!

I understand the guy that wore the mask for the final shot had to be drunk in order to go through with it.  Haaa!

Also, Ricky (the foul-mouthed cousin) was so freaking funny through the entire movie! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RedDragon86 said:

Oh I wasn't criticizing that moment just saying it was shocking. It was the best part of the film. 

Underrated 80s horror classic, I found it to much better than Friday the 13th. Love this song as well.

54 minutes ago, OCBman said:

I understand the guy that wore the mask for the final shot had to be drunk in order to go through with it.  Haaa!

Also, Ricky (the foul-mouthed cousin) was so freaking funny through the entire movie! 

It’s okay, either way...some people found the ending too shocking or gross, lol. The very first time I ever saw it I’ll admit it was pretty nasty and I was pretty shocked! But, that was the point. Very well done slasher for its time and how low budget it was. 

As for the end, yes a mask was made of Felessia Rose’s (Angela’s) face for someone else to wear. She was still a minor and only 13 at the time, so they could not show any form of nudity with her whatsoever. They found a college boy somewhere near a waterfront at the time, and asked him if he would like to do the part for a certain amount of money.

I’ve heard the rumor that he got himself drunk on purpose before hand so he wouldn’t back out, but I don’t really know if that’s true, lol. With the Angela mask on, there’s no way that anyone would know who it was. And as far as I’ve been able to hear or find out over the years, he has never been identified either. To this day no one knows who it was, except maybe the Director and camera guy back when. 

• Like 2

I would've gotten "Sleepaway Camp" (I also like the sequel, with Angela played by The Boss's sister, and with all the characters named after that 1980s crew of young actors) and "Scanners" (wild flick!).

• Like 1

On 11/1/2021 at 10:48 AM, OCBman said:

Yeah, I'm glad Felissa Rose shared that story ("Wait, I'm the chick with the...?" He he).

Rickey is definitely a hoot, and a really scrappy kid. I like that!

• Like 1