Can you name the film from this screenshot?

RedDragon86

10 minutes ago, RedDragon86 said:

It is! :thumbsup:

One of the better modern day Christmas movies, almost as good as the ones in the 80s.

Lol...I was guessing, but I thought I remembered Ed Asner as Santa. I’m one of the odd men-out with this movie...everyone seems to love it, but I don’t care for it, lol! :p I’ve probably only seen it all the way through once. 

• Like 1

• Administrators
17 hours ago, ViceFanMan said:

Lol...I was guessing, but I thought I remembered Ed Asner as Santa. I’m one of the odd men-out with this movie...everyone seems to love it, but I don’t care for it, lol! :p I’ve probably only seen it all the way through once. 

Odd man out number 2 here!   I can't stand this movie.  My ex made me go to the movies to see this (could be a good reason for divorce) I'm not a fan of Will Ferrell to begin with. Add to that, the woman behind me laughed like a fool throughout the whole movie.  Sorry but a big person trying to sleep in a small bed isn't really that funny.

Give me a good Christmas movie like "Diehard" or "Lethal Weapon" ;)

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Ferrariman said:

Odd man out number 2 here!   I can't stand this movie.  My ex made me go to the movies to see this (could be a good reason for divorce) I'm not a fan of Will Ferrell to begin with. Add to that, the woman behind me laughed like a fool throughout the whole movie.  Sorry but a big person trying to sleep in a small bed isn't really that funny.

Give me a good Christmas movie like "Diehard" or "Lethal Weapon" ;)

Agreed, lol! I’m not a Will Ferrell movie fan for sure. He was funny in short, periodic skits/sketches on SNL back in the day, but that’s it. I can only handle stupidity for very short periods. :rolleyes: The only humorous Christmas movie I like is National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation. But, even then I don’t necessarily need or want to watch it every year.  

I love Die Hard & Lethal Weapon...although I also probably am in the minority again when I say I don’t consider them Christmas movies (although in the movies it was or was around Christmas time). I can watch those in the middle of July and love em just as much, lol! :p 

I’m more of a traditional Christmas movie person (The Nativity Story, the Christmas Carol—aka ‘Scrooge’ movies, It’s a Wonderful Life)...and I don’t have to watch those every year, either. I’m not a fan of the ridiculously commercialized aspects of Christmas. ;)

Edited by ViceFanMan

• Administrators
2 hours ago, ViceFanMan said:

The only humorous Christmas movie I like is National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation

:thumbsup:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ViceFanMan said:

The only humorous Christmas movie I like is National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation.

What about Scrooged

My favorite :) 

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, ViceFanMan said:

Still like Christmas Vacation best for a humorous one. ;)

Yeah I think I actually like it as much as Scrooged. Both are holiday musts for me. 

• Like 3

On 12/23/2021 at 4:31 PM, Dadrian said:

What about Scrooged

My favorite :) 

I love "Scrooged": That, "One Magic Christmas", and "A Diva's Christmas Carol" (yeah, seriously; my tastes vary, in a big way!:)) are my go-to Christmas films. Oh, and the Frosty special where Crystal is born, well, I love that one as well ("Happy Birthday!" indeed:cake:).

21 minutes ago, Eillio Martin Imbasciati said:

I love "Scrooged": That, "One Magic Christmas", and "A Diva's Christmas Carol" (yeah, seriously; my tastes vary, in a big way!:)) are my go-to Christmas films. Oh, and the Frosty special where Crystal is born, well, I love that one as well ("Happy Birthday!" indeed:cake:).

I like One Magic Christmas also :xmas:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dadrian said:

I like One Magic Christmas also :xmas:

Ha ha, I'm glad someone else feels that way; usually people don't like it or have no idea about the film:).

2 hours ago, RedDragon86 said:

Correct! creepiest windows ever :)

Yup! I’ve read that in the past few years the windows on the actual house (not the one used in the movie) have been remodeled, to try and prevent people from recognizing it and bombarding current owners to take pics or tour it.  

Edited by ViceFanMan
  • Thanks 1

On 1/4/2022 at 12:02 PM, RedDragon86 said:

Is it a zombie movie?

No, it's a crazy comedy (from the 1980s); this particular scenes parodies zombie tropes. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, RedDragon86 said:

Stripes?

No, but same year.  And definitely two of the original SNL-ers.  They had both starred in 1941 two years previous.