Can you name the film from this screenshot?

RedDragon86

15 hours ago, Vincent Hanna said:

Random Guess....Jurassic Park III?

Yep, Zito getting eating alive by Spinosaurus :)

That's the second Vice cast member killed by a dinosaur in the Jurassic Park franchise :dance2:

THEN & NOW: the Cast of 'Jurassic Park'

Poor Izzy :)

Edited by RedDragon86
  • Haha 4

I forgot John Diehl was in that, I just guessed because of the runway in the jungle.

fbacf9f6a6534bd1744b12f9bd078c75.jpg

Clue: It's like a 5 minute scene of him eating the cake.

Once Upon a Time in America

I've only made it thru the film once.  I know it's considered to be a masterpiece, but it was a chore for me to finish.  Great cast however.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mr. Vigilante said:

I've only made it thru the film once.  I know it's considered to be a masterpiece, but it was a chore for me to finish.  Great cast however.

:thumbsup:  I watched it for 2nd time earlier. It did feel a little interminable compared to the Godfather 1 and 2 but it is pretty epic. I liked the first half with the kids more than the grown up De Niro and James Woods storyline.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ferrariman said:

“Vanishing Point”

Yup, pretty easy.

Last week while sorting the attic of an old close family friend who recently passed away. I came across some of his notes from the movie, one noting a reminder to deliver the Camaro to the production 3 weeks early as production had been cut short.

• Like 4

On 1/17/2022 at 12:22 PM, Mr. Vigilante said:

I think I recently mentioned it on this community, but I'd still like to view "Once Upon a Time in America" as it was intended. I don't mind long stories, and I really dug the whole thing. That being said, I know Mark from the video game channel Classic Game Room compared the game "Assassins Creed III" to it (I think it's an apt comparison), and that's my favorite game in that particular franchise, so I suppose one's mileage varies on their tolerance towards long-winded storytelling:).

• Like 1

• Administrators
7 hours ago, king77 said:

Yup, pretty easy.

Last week while sorting the attic of an old close family friend who recently passed away. I came across some of his notes from the movie, one noting a reminder to deliver the Camaro to the production 3 weeks early as production had been cut short.

Yup, they substituted a Camaro for the final crash instead of the Challenger. :clap:

On 1/19/2022 at 4:29 PM, Ferrariman said:

Yup, they substituted a Camaro for the final crash instead of the Challenger. :clap:

Yup, he told me it was his 1967 Camaro. It had overheating issues due to a leaky freeze plug on the 327 engine. Then one day the freeze plug went about a block from his office. He had it towed to the lot and there is sat. He basically sold it to himself and had it transported to Utah for the final scene. Some years later he wished he fixed it up as it was apparently an early Fisher body with a 327.

Here is a picture from a BTS website.

5516mil.jpg

Edited by king77
  • Like 2

• Administrators
3 hours ago, king77 said:

Yup, he told me it was his 1967 Camaro. It had overheating issues due to a leaky freeze plug on the 327 engine. Then one day the freeze plug went about a block from his office. He had it towed to the lot and there is sat. He basically sold it to himself and had it transported to Utah for the final scene. Some years later he wished he fixed it up as it was apparently an early Fisher body with a 327.

A shame really. Would've been worth some big bucks in today's muscle car market.

8 hours ago, ViceFanMan said:

Peeping Tom

Yes! The greatest voyeurism film then "Manhunter" of course. Such an innovative, creative film, a ground-breaker for its time.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RedDragon86 said:

Yes! The greatest voyeurism film then "Manhunter" of course. Such an innovative, creative film, a ground-breaker for its time.

A lot consider Peeping Tom the very first slasher film, even technically predating Psycho...although both were released within the same year. However, I don’t consider Psycho a “slasher” film, per-say. To me it’s much deeper, much darker, & even intelligent than that. I love and have Psycho...but believe it or not I’ve not seen Peeping Tom before, although I’ve researched & read a lot about it, and I’ve always wanted to see it!

The Criterion Collection came out with a special edition DVD back around 1999-2000, but has never put out a Blu-ray. The Criterion DVDs are now very rare & out of print, and very expensive if you find one!! But, a while ago I found a “technically” used but mint condition one on eBay for $70. That’s actually a bargain for what I’ve seen the others go for! I can’t wait to see it finally!  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, ViceFanMan said:

A lot consider Peeping Tom the very first slasher film, even technically predating Psycho...although both were released within the same year. However, I don’t consider Psycho a “slasher” film, per-say. To me it’s much deeper, much darker, & even intelligent than that. I love and have Psycho...but believe it or not I’ve not seen Peeping Tom before, although I’ve researched & read a lot about it, and I’ve always wanted to see it!

The Criterion Collection came out with a special edition DVD back around 1999-2000, but has never put out a Blu-ray. The Criterion DVDs are now very rare & out of print, and very expensive if you find one!! But, a while ago I found a “technically” used but mint condition one on eBay for $70. That’s actually a bargain for what I’ve seen the others go for! I can’t wait to see it finally!  

VFM, you are without doubt a film buff:)

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, RedDragon86 said:

VFM, you are without doubt a film buff:)

To an extent, lol, but there genes and/or films I know nothing about. :)