Can you name the film from this screenshot?

RedDragon86

On 9/28/2021 at 4:32 PM, Mr. Vigilante said:

Kurt Russell is a national treasure!

Amen! :thumbsup: But, despite how wild & crazy it is...one of my favorite movies of his is Big Trouble In Little China, lol! :dance2:

• Like 1

10 hours ago, MrsEvanFreed said:

Pinero 

Correct.

Michael Wright in the shot who played "The Savage"

Don't know if you know but the director that made this film directed numerous episodes, most notably "Little Miss Dangerous" and "Killshot"

• Like 2

6 hours ago, RedDragon86 said:

Correct.

Michael Wright in the shot who played "The Savage"

Don't know if you know but the director that made this film directed numerous episodes, most notably "Little Miss Dangerous" and "Killshot"

Leon Ichaso.

Also directed Sugar Hill. starring  Wright , Wesley Snipes , Larry Joshua and Clarence Williams III

• Like 2

18 hours ago, ViceFanMan said:

Amen! :thumbsup: But, despite how wild & crazy it is...one of my favorite movies of his is Big Trouble In Little China, lol! :dance2:

I LOVE "Big Trouble in Little China", and have you ever listened to the DVD commentary between Russell (big fan of him as well; in my top five. He can play anything) & John Carpenter? They're just being two guys (with warm beer and stale cigarettes), two fun guys who know what they're talking about (that and the "C.H.U.D." commentary with John Heard, Daniel Stern, Christopher Curry, and Douglas Cheek are my all-time favorite commentaries).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Eillio Martin Imbasciati said:

I LOVE "Big Trouble in Little China", and have you ever listened to the DVD commentary between Russell (big fan of him as well; in my top five. He can play anything) & John Carpenter? They're just being two guys (with warm beer and stale cigarettes), two fun guys who know what they're talking about (that and the "C.H.U.D." commentary with John Heard, Daniel Stern, Christopher Curry, and Douglas Cheek are my all-time favorite commentaries).

I actually haven’t listened to the commentary with Russell & Carpenter before...but I know Carpenter has smoked his entire adult life )in some of the old Halloween documentaries, he has one going, lol). I’ll have to get my “Big Trouble” DVD out and listen to that. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Just now, ViceFanMan said:

I actually haven’t listened to the commentary with Russell & Carpenter before...but I know Carpenter has smoked his entire adult life )in some of the old Halloween documentaries, he has one going, lol). I’ll have to get my “Big Trouble” DVD out and listen to that. :thumbsup:

I think you'll like it, I find it a real treat; good info and also like listening to two old friends that know each other so well.

• Like 1

On 9/28/2021 at 4:33 PM, Dadrian said:

Captain Ron

Jeez I’d forgotten about this movie! :) 

I could never forget "Captain Ron", due to my uncle owning a car wash, being named Ron, and some employees occasionally calling him Captain Ron (not to his face though:)).

3 minutes ago, Eillio Martin Imbasciati said:

I think you'll like it, I find it a real treat; good info and also like listening to two old friends that know each other so well.

I’m hoping it’ll blow my mind! :p:) 

8812101F-22F9-4193-989F-65C0CFC30DCD.jpeg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ViceFanMan said:

I’m hoping it’ll blow my mind! :p:) 

8812101F-22F9-4193-989F-65C0CFC30DCD.jpeg

Yeah, they have some chuckles about the qualifications of Russell's Jack Burton character's hero status in the film (humorous shaky!).

• Like 1

Yeah, they have some chuckles about the qualifications of Russell's Jack Burton character's hero status in the film (humorous shaky!).

I heard this past year sometime that they were seriously thinking about doing a “Big Trouble” sequel...with Kurt. But, I haven’t heard anymore about it for quite a while now. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Eillio Martin Imbasciati said:

The other commentaries they've done are good as well.  The Thing and Escape from New York.  I'd love for him and Carpenter to work together again.  I think we would have gotten another Snake Plissken film if the movie "Lockout" had not been made.  Carpenter apparently sued over the storyline.

Regarding the "Big Trouble" sequel...all I've read is it's going to be remade with The Rock as Jack Burton.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ViceFanMan said:

I heard this past year sometime that they were seriously thinking about doing a “Big Trouble” sequel...with Kurt. But, I haven’t heard anymore about it for quite a while now. 

Really? I just commented on moviechat.org that I feel this film didn't get its proper due, but maybe a sequel would do the trick. Since the original was so different, and since then audiences have been exposed to offbeat projects since the original film's release, I think it would still work today.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Mr. Vigilante said:

Regarding the "Big Trouble" sequel...all I've read is it's going to be remade with The Rock as Jack Burton.

If this is true, it would suck!! :thumbsdown: We don’t need a remake! I’d read a while back that they had all agreed only Kurt Russell could play & be Jack Burton...but, if they’re going with the typical modern Hollywood trend (what I call lazy, uncreative, & unintelligent) of just trying to rip-off past popular or classic movies/TV shows, then I hope (just like the MV so-called remake) it’s been scrapped! 

• Like 1

On 9/28/2021 at 5:32 PM, Mr. Vigilante said:

Kurt Russell is a national treasure!

My five favorite actors: Christian Slater (he'll never be bumped from #1; I'm that way when it comes to many things), Kurt Russell, John Lithgow, Brian Dennehy, and Christopher Walken. But there are so many that I think are awesome really! 

1 minute ago, Jack Gretsky said:

That's Donald Sutherland in the screen cap. 

Wow, really? I wouldn't have known that. Sorry Donny, I thought you were a woman (my apologies to Canada as well).

Wow, really? I wouldn't have known that. Sorry Donny, I thought you were a woman (my apologies to Canada as well).

He actually makes love to lots and lots of women in this.  There's a name for that kind of lover....(hint hint!) ;)

• Like 1