MIAMI VICE NEW SERIES 2021

S0NNY

1 hour ago, Tom said:

Sorry, Dadrian, did not want to be a stickler, but as I am in IT, but never have seen such "sh*t" remarks in code, I thought you have turned to a spy and wanted to relay secret messages...:funky:

I especially liked the term "search/sh*t gifs", I have to remember that and tell my programmers, as I haven´t found that on google ....:)

No apologies! I honestly would have been disappointed if you’d let me down! :) 

vor 18 Minuten schrieb Dadrian:

No apologies! I honestly would have been disappointed if you’d let me down! :) 

I’ll do what I can. I promise!

• Haha 1

On 4/13/2021 at 5:37 AM, Tom said:

Guys, please calm down :funky:

This series of videos is just a very clever fan made wishful thinking version of a new series. 

P.S. although I am a huge fan I do not believe that a new series NOW would work (all the "old" actors are 70+, .....)

Well, rick, i mean, tom...nash will be made...

Edited by Mr. Calderon

6 hours ago, Mr. Calderon said:

nash will be made...

This is true, the “Nash” reunion is being made...so although I don’t think one will probably ever happen, maybe an MV reunion isn’t as far-fetched or unrealistic as some might think. :baby:

• Like 2

On 4/16/2021 at 2:08 AM, ViceFanMan said:

This is true, the “Nash” reunion is being made...so although I don’t think one will probably ever happen, maybe an MV reunion isn’t as far-fetched or unrealistic as some might think. :baby:

I understand Don's rights control over nb, but really iconic was SC. So he should it before. But with Nash reunion happening, im pretty sure Don wont be on any Vice reboot. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Mr. Calderon said:

I understand Don's rights control over nb, but really iconic was SC. So he should it before. But with Nash reunion happening, im pretty sure Don wont be on any Vice reboot. 

I hope a Vice reboot doesn’t happen...as if it’s a “reboot” (not a “revival”) I doubt any of the original cast will be in it...it’ll be a whole different idea with new people playing the roles. But, I don’t think an MV reunion/revival will happen anyway...however, if a “Nash” one is being done, an MV one wouldn’t be that far-fetched, if they would decide to do one.

• Like 1

On 4/17/2021 at 5:26 PM, ViceFanMan said:

I hope a Vice reboot doesn’t happen...as if it’s a “reboot” (not a “revival”) I doubt any of the original cast will be in it...it’ll be a whole different idea with new people playing the roles. But, I don’t think an MV reunion/revival will happen anyway...however, if a “Nash” one is being done, an MV one wouldn’t be that far-fetched, if they would decide to do one.

I'm gonna reiterate what I've already stated in a previous post of mine. The only thing they should have done (but couldn't/didn't want to do) would have been a 90s reunion TV movie with the original cast. That would have made sense.

• Like 4

On 4/13/2021 at 2:31 AM, S0NNY said:

but NBC confirmed it will be releasing new Miami Vice series

When and how? Any link? this has been going on for the past 4 years

23 minutes ago, sdiegolo78 said:

I'm gonna reiterate what I've already stated in a previous post of mine. The only thing they should have done (but couldn't/didn't want to do) would have been a 90s reunion TV movie with the original cast. That would have made sense.

Agreed!! :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/14/2021 at 11:42 AM, Dadrian said:

It’s my understanding that all those clips are from other movies/shows that starred original cast members. Mix in some cool current shots of Miami, and some modern instrumental versions of the music and voila. 

I have been wrong before :) 

Can anyone else confirm on the reused footage?

Correct. Gotta say: fantastic job of the creator! I saw footage from Alex of Venice using DJ. And also footage of DJ I have never seen before, I suspect from Dragged across Concrete..

On a totally different note: Michael Mann is making Tokyo Vice and here is a trailer: 

Having lived in Tokyo for 2 years, this brings back happy memories. The coolest place I have ever lived and I have lived in a lot of different places. Nothing can beat Tokyo though...Not even Miami.

• Like 2

On 5/7/2021 at 11:39 PM, MennoinSF said:

Correct. Gotta say: fantastic job of the creator! I saw footage from Alex of Venice using DJ. And also footage of DJ I have never seen before, I suspect from Dragged across Concrete..

On a totally different note: Michael Mann is making Tokyo Vice and here is a trailer: 

Having lived in Tokyo for 2 years, this brings back happy memories. The coolest place I have ever lived and I have lived in a lot of different places. Nothing can beat Tokyo though...Not even Miami.

I saw this the other day, very interesting content from Miami Beau. One of his trailers links Phil The Shil to Rising Sun Of Death. Also he’s got a great cover of Take Me Home which I like. 

As for Tokyo Vice, I’m looking forward to it. Michael Mann had a miss with his last film so I hope he can rebound with this project. 

• 4 months later...

Yeah, I saw these by accident.

https://www.cinemablend.com/television/1687780/miami-vice-is-getting-a-tv-reboot-from-fate-of-the-furious-screenwriter

https://www.southernthing.com/miami-vice-reboot-2594256993.html

I hope this is just dud-hype.  Like a few poster have already noted, I too don't WANT Miami Vice to come back just for the sake of being able to say "Miami Vice is back!"  
I remember Hawaii-50 well enough to know it was Jack Lord's interesting way of infusing his mature police leader role with a slightly 60's hip "protecting-our-valuable-turf" attitude, that made that tv series successful.  Without Jack Lord's Magarret (spelling?) protecting sacred Hawaii tension, Hawaii-50 would have been just another Adam-12.  
I took a glimpse at "the new" Hawaii-50,... and I"M RIGHT, LOL!  Five tight-bodied tech-handgun displaying enforcement characters (of course ONE of them has to be female, cuz Hollywood worries about losing 18.3% ratings profit if it's not seen as politically correct),...they all look like they use the same trainer at the exact same gym, for the exact same number of hours each day (...I think the profit-conscious word today is "badass"----they must look "badass" to hold the audience's trended interest).  So it's five gym-guys (one who's a gym-woman) badass-ing and exploding stuff in Hawaii.

I remember Magnum-PI well enough to know it was Tom Sellick's tall sexy mature-looking man cursed with silly-boy antics, practical joke buddies, and that quirky south-cowboy cackle laugh annoying the hell out of anyone who expected to see a straight-laced grown-up private detective, that made that tv series successful.  Take away the frustratingly boyish PERSONALITY of big tall guy Thomas Magnum, and Magnum-PI would have been just another Mannix or Matt Huston.  
I took a look at the "new" Magnum-PI... and LOL!  TWO (not five like H-5-0) tight-bodied, tech-handgun pulling detectives (of course CHANGE him to latino-flavored, and make him work for a FEMALE Higgins, cuz Hollywood worries about losing 18.3% ratings profit if it's not seen as politically correct),... they all look like they use the same trainer at the exact same gym the 50-cops pay monthly fee to, for the exact same number of hours each day (... I think the profit-conscious word today is "badass"---Magnum must look "badass" to hold the audience's trended interest).  So it's TWO gym-guys (plus the gym-woman often enough) badass-ing----------ugh, you know the rest of what I wrote--I literally copy-pasted my Hawaii-50 gripe to make the point...

I can already picture what such a show will look like in "the new Miami Vice":
Seven tight-bodied tech-handgun displaying enforcement characters (of course Castillo must be female, cuz-------UUUGH!  I'm not copy-pasting this a third time).  And "gym" and "badass" and....

Don't get me wrong, I'm not condemning the new Magnum/Hawaii-50 because they stink--they are acceptably average shows for today's tech-a-roonie audience.  Like someone already observed, these "new" versions don't make any attempt to reproduce any of the attractive personality traits of the leading character, or use any of the storytelling techniques from the original versions.... so why go a lame route of associating your show with the original series' name at all?  Is a lame hope to snag some of the old-version fans REALLY going to make THAT much extra profit for you?

Hollywood didn't understand the technical ingredients that made Miami Vice successful--that's why they needed Mann and Yerkovich, and why they were foolish enough to let differences push them out of the show.  MODERN Hollywood people are no better at understanding what makes good storytelling, any better than old cigar-smoking Hollywood was.  
If they didn't know and didn't appreciate GOOD Miami Vice back then, why let anyone like Vin Diesel convince them they can understand and restore something they spoiled last time it was in their hands?

Is a drool for money really all it takes to make these Hollywood moguls say "yes" to a no-sense plan?
And Vin Diesel as Executive Producer?!!!   When he's operating a car, he can't even keep all four tires touching the ground for 10 minutes.  I've seen 8-year olds on the news who swiped the family truck for an hour and operate a car better than Vin does.  What could he do for Miami Vice besides STAY-AWAY-FROM-THE-SET-and-JUST-BE-THE-SMILE-MAN-FOR-PRESS-ANNOUNCEMENTS?  

Yeah.  Smile like that.  Executive Producer Smile.  
I was dumb enough to look at the new Hawaii-50 for a quarter of an hour---and I was dumb enough to watch half an hour of the new Magnum.   
But, Bur-Hahahaha!!! I wouldn't bet moron enough to turn to "the New Miami Vice" for even 10 minutes.  

MV 2021-09-21 123441.jpg

• Haha 1

• Administrators

This is old news and hopefully not true!  Vin Diesel and the "Fast & Furious" franchise does not inspire much hope!

• Like 1

vor 49 Minuten schrieb Dadrian:

Indeed! :) :p

Unfortunately he did not see by accident that the links referred to are from 2017.  :p Would have saved him a lot of writing work and anger about it. We could discuss something more realistic in the meantime instead: a reboot of Big Bang Theory, Donald Trump´s reelection, a female as next 007 or else :funky:

Actually the Hawaii Five-0 reboot wasn't half bad. It at least acknowledged other shows that had been set on the island (including Magnum many, many times...Rick even appears as a semi-regular guest star) and even worked in some CGI footage of the original McGarrett. Key, I think, is it also kinda went its own way and also had some (possibly unintentional) nods toward Miami Vice as well. The new Magnum? Zero interest.

And I always thought it was funny that Two and Half Men got all kinds of heat for being anti-woman or whatever, when Big Bang Theory was arguably worse on many, many levels.

How's the MacGyver reboot?  I've still yet to watch that.

Regarding Magnum....there was a time where Tom Selleck wanted to return as Thomas Magnum for a feature film.  I remember reading an interview with him from years ago where he discussed a possible storyline.  He's had a heck of a career with Magnum and Blue Bloods.  I'm still waiting on "3 Men & A Bride".:)

2 hours ago, Tom said:

Unfortunately he did not see by accident that the links referred to are from 2017.  :p Would have saved him a lot of writing work and anger about it. We could discuss something more realistic in the meantime instead: a reboot of Big Bang Theory, Donald Trump´s reelection, a female as next 007 or else :funky:

“And we’ll get Satchel Paige to pitch!” :) 

I meant no harm @Augusta

I couldn’t resist at least giving any MV reboot a chance (even if it’s terrible). :thumbsup:

6 hours ago, Mr. Vigilante said:

How's the MacGyver reboot?  I've still yet to watch that.

Not half bad as a TV-show. Real reboot of the original? Not by far methinks :(

It is more like Team Phoenix, kinda Rainbow Six or Teen Titans etc. but twisted to fit current tastes, or something.

-J

• Like 1

After all these years and our main heroes (actors) all 70+ (how to explain reasonably if they show up again? as what? as retired cop with long white beard like Nick Nolte looks now?. I hope that all these reboot plans will come to a stop. They had 30 years to do something and did not. Now, let this still groundbraking series shine as it is and we love it instead of risking another MV-reboot disaster (after the movie) that does more damage than good. All just my personal opinion of course.

Don´t get me wrong. I would have liked a reboot 10-20 years ago with the original actors (at least some of them handing over or stopping by) but the time is simply over for that now. Everything that made Miami Vice what is was has also changed. Drugs come more via Mexico now than through Miami and all associated crimes have massively decreased in Miami Dade. Music has changed (no good new music for dramatic scenes now out there except money aching hit parade stuff) too. Miami Beach has lost its soul (all houses painted to white, all condos now and the "Gayety Burlesque" joints razed - where would C&T chase prostitution now? In art galleries in Wynwood committed by bad artists? :p), VICE, i.e. prostitution and gambling is on the internet now instead of Miami streets and I cannot image C&T as cybercrime cops like the girl in Criminal Minds:)) and Overtown is a kid´s club now compared to the 80s when I lived in Miami.

Chance for a reboot is over guys. Like in a restaurant. Get the waiter to your table in your own time schedule otherwise he will not be back anytime soon or the cook or the whole restaurant is gone by then :p

Edited by Tom
  • Like 4

• Administrators
4 hours ago, Tom said:

They had 30 years to do something and did not. Now, let this still groundbraking series shine as it is and we love it instead of risking another MV-reboot disaster 

I think all of these reboots,  "Magnum"  "MacGyver" "Fantasy Island" "Hawaii 5-0"  etc.  all seem pretty good to those youngsters who know nothing about or have never seen the originals.   The best thing is, WE DON'T HAVE TO WATCH THEM!  ;)

• Like 4