MIAMI VICE NEW SERIES 2021

S0NNY

1 hour ago, Eillio Martin Imbasciati said:

Yeah, my father was 74 and still was a kid at heart, while my mother (until pulmonary edema got to her) was still rockin' out at 73 like she was 34 (that's the age she gave me once when she said about how she felt in her early 70's).

As i said, DJ on beau´s fan movies still works.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mr. Calderon said:

As i said, DJ on beau´s fan movies still works.

Yeah, I feel that DJ's pretty ageless; heck, at 35 in Season 1 of Vice I think he looked no older than 20-22. I remember my mother asking in 2014 (she was streaming Vice from Netflix on her tablet back then; mom ruled:-), "How old was he here again?" (she also said he still looked good when she viewed a commercial for the series "Blood & Oil" in 2015).

• Like 1

On 9/23/2021 at 2:18 PM, Ferrariman said:

I think all of these reboots,  "Magnum"  "MacGyver" "Fantasy Island" "Hawaii 5-0"  etc.  all seem pretty good to those youngsters who know nothing about or have never seen the originals.   The best thing is, WE DON'T HAVE TO WATCH THEM!  ;)

They'll never get to appreciate the real thing!

• Like 2

On 9/27/2021 at 5:54 PM, sdiegolo78 said:

They'll never get to appreciate the real thing!

I guess they can if they go back and watch the originals, at least that's what I'd do:D (which is why I once rented 1932's "Scarface" from Netflix; by the way, I loved it!).

• Like 2

On 9/23/2021 at 9:18 AM, Ferrariman said:

I think all of these reboots,  "Magnum"  "MacGyver" "Fantasy Island" "Hawaii 5-0"  etc.  all seem pretty good to those youngsters who know nothing about or have never seen the originals.   The best thing is, WE DON'T HAVE TO WATCH THEM!  ;)

Funny thing about that is these reboots are all on regular networks which have seen their younger audience numbers crater in the past several years as younger audiences have pretty much abandoned regular TV for streaming. If the reboots are an attempt to regain a younger audience then they've totally failed in that respect. Also I just don't think those other shows listed would appeal to as much to younger audiences as much as much as Miami Vice does. I almost never see those other shows mentioned around the internet or social media but I have seen Vice brought up enough and it's pretty much always in a very positive light. Vice has an appeal other shows don't have and that does put NBC/Universal in an awkward position because on one hand a well-received Vice reboot would trounce other reboots single-handedly but a poorly-received one would be more disastrous for them than other reboots would.

• Like 1

I still say that a good way to bring it back would be a spoof.  That way they can go all out with the colors, cars, outfits etc.  Otherwise, if they try a serious film/series set in the 80s it probably wont go over well.  This way you get something nostalgic, but not too serious.

I keep thinking the only factor of they didnt remake vice yet with don, its the money factor. Vice without him is another farrelesque shit. And If course i would want lots of money to do It again. I dont have too much Hope of a Reboot, specially after don rebooting Nash. If i would like to watch? Why not? I think If he could do SC before, he could do Carmem Miranda If he would wish to...i dont Care. But doing Nash before? Its almost the same character. He wouldnt do SC. Remember that joke Letterman did about him doing a cop again. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr. Vigilante said:

I still say that a good way to bring it back would be a spoof.  That way they can go all out with the colors, cars, outfits etc.  Otherwise, if they try a serious film/series set in the 80s it probably wont go over well.  This way you get something nostalgic, but not too serious.

That was in a way the route they took with Hawaii 5-O. It had the serious elements to be sure, but there was always a strand of comedy running through it. Sometimes heavier than others, but like I said before it was always conscious of the shows that came before it as well as other influences from those eras.

I honestly don't think they could do any kind of throwback, and an 'updated' version just wouldn't (and couldn't) have the same feel. Vice was very much a product of its times...not unlike Starsky and Hutch or the Mod Squad.

• Like 3

• Administrators
11 hours ago, Mr. Vigilante said:

I think a spoof would only empower the people who already laugh at us. 

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Ferrariman said:

Exactly. Think of the jerk boyfriend in “The Wedding Singer”…

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ferrariman said:

I agree. I think a spoof would make a joke of something that’s supposed to be serious, and would ultimately cause MV to not be taken seriously again. Spoofs are making fun of something...not encouraging or building it up. 

• Like 1

One of the problems I would see with Don or any of the other original stars reprising their roles is timing. They are all considerably older which means there are just scenarios they couldn't put the characters in with any believability. A big part of Miami Vice was the action. I don't know about anyone else, but it's hard for me to imagine any of them in high intensity action scenes. Whoever would take on the task of driving a Miami Vice reboot using some or all of the original cast would have to create a whole new niche for characters of their age. A new chapter of Vice if you will. And if they did, would it work as a fresh idea? A new direction wouldn't really be  Miami Vice. A spin off? Sure and that might work but so much would have to change that almost all the recognizable elements of Miami Vice would be stripped away in which case, what are you really left with as a Miami Vice reboot?  How much appeal would older vice cops have in today's tv market? That's my humble opinion anyway. Cheers all.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
On 4/12/2021 at 9:31 PM, S0NNY said:

Did you guys know they are making new Miami Vice series with original actors? This is a fan made trailer, but NBC confirmed it will be releasing new Miami Vice series. And i like the new Crockett theme, this guy should be allowed to contribute to the series music  . What do you think?

• Like 1