Show your car

admin1389294680

44 minutes ago, Robbie C. said:

even though this one was kinda a 'duh' moment

Please make a note Robbie:

I’m really really witty. 

Stuff that’s only really witty is beneath me. 

1 hour ago, timm525 said:

Well, I’ll match your 21 yr old Ford F-150 with my own 21 yr old F-150 but mine is minus the gun rack but it too is paid for and runs good. It’s my weekend warrior. Red paint job - what’s left of it is a hot mess, the leather seats are all torn and cracked. Dash is broken on top from heat. OD is approaching 220,000 miles...but hey “she’s got it where it counts kid.” (that needs to go in the other thread)

Daily driver is an 02 Jaguar X-Type. It’s a cat thing...:)

My VW camper van is 32 years old, never had payments on it, approaching 250k, with a rebuild, original paint except the fiberglass pop top that wasn’t originally painted so I matched it, the dash is not split somehow, and it’s my daily driver.  :)

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, pahonu said:

My VW camper van is 32 years old, never had payments on it, approaching 250k, with a rebuild, original paint except the fiberglass pop top that wasn’t originally painted so I matched it, the dash is not split somehow, and it’s my daily driver.  :)

Awesome! Can you share a pic?

1 hour ago, Dadrian said:

Awesome! Can you share a pic?

There’s one in the previous page of this thread.  You posted a picture of your Maserati right under it. :p 

The page before that has pics in the snow at Big Bear Mountain in SoCal several years ago.  Here they are again.  The last is a photoshop version by my wife from a beach camping trip in San Diego.  We have a copy of it hanging in our bedroom.

838EA40D-12A2-40C0-AF11-C1F538ABDEC9.jpeg

21EA04EF-06FD-4FB0-A7BE-CEA7B74E6534.jpeg

EDA62C65-DCAE-497B-BDE5-C3238F812067.jpeg

4BBB1EAD-3DAE-485B-B0E9-76519B5B953B.jpeg

Edited by pahonu
  • Like 5

30 minutes ago, pahonu said:

There’s one in the previous page of this thread.  You posted a picture of your Maserati right under it. :p 

:birdie:

I didn’t even remember posting that pic of my car till this thread started back up today! :)  

@king77’s tag, and now this...

Maybe I should stick to the music and trivia threads. :) 

• Haha 1

These are pics of my 2019 Jeep Cherokee Latitude Plus from the dealership and with a bunch of water for my old job. It holds a lot when the seats are down. 

20181031 (2).jpg

20181031 (3).jpg

20181031 (4).jpg

20181031 (6).jpg

20181031 (9).jpg

20181031 (10).jpg

20191002_121942.jpg

20181031 (13).jpg

20181031 (15).png

20181031.jpg

20191002_121955.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dadrian said:

Please make a note Robbie:

I’m really really witty. 

Stuff that’s only really witty is beneath me. 

@Robbie C. I just realized I left the “:)“ off the end of this post and it really changed the tone. My apologies! :) :) :) 

@timm525 can you ban me from this thread? :blind: :p

4 hours ago, timm525 said:

Well, I’ll match your 21 yr old Ford F-150 with my own 21 yr old F-150 but mine is minus the gun rack but it too is paid for and runs good. It’s my weekend warrior. Red paint job - what’s left of it is a hot mess, the leather seats are all torn and cracked. Dash is broken on top from heat. OD is approaching 220,000 miles...but hey “she’s got it where it counts kid.” (that needs to go in the other thread)

Daily driver is an 02 Jaguar X-Type. It’s a cat thing...:)

Tinm, hey that was a good year for Ford pick-ups.  Mine has 260k miles and it is my daily driver, pretty rough shape though. 

jpaul1, I ride a Trek 2100, carbon fiber racing bike.  Lance Armstrong got me interested in biking, at least he accomplished one good thing.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, timm525 said:

Well, I’ll match your 21 yr old Ford F-150

My other car is a black 2007 F150 flare side. I’ve had it for 6 years. Gas, oil, brakes, tires, one alternator change, and one coil pack change. I love it almost as much as my Memorymoog.

I wish the Memorymoog and the Maserati had such low maintenance! :) 

Edited by Dadrian
  • Like 1

• Administrators
12 hours ago, timm525 said:

Ok, how about this one on my truck? 

9DF06CF7-981E-4600-9CC0-1E23669E07C1.jpeg

12 hours ago, Dadrian said:

Do you have this one too @Ferrariman:p

Yup, you can see mine on page 1    Sadly the Daytona has been sold and the plate retired.  ;(

• Sad 1

• Administrators
9 hours ago, Ferrariman said:

Yup, you can see mine on page 1    Sadly the Daytona has been sold and the plate retired.  ;(

Wow, I remember you posting that. I assume that since NJ had real front license plates, that was your real plate back then? How cool.

Florida doesn’t have front plates so that was just a speciality I had made.

TRSTNO1, my motto to live by. :)

• Administrators
18 hours ago, Dadrian said:

@Robbie C. I just realized I left the “:)“ off the end of this post and it really changed the tone. My apologies! :) :) :) 

@timm525 can you ban me from this thread? :blind: :p

I will say when I read your post initially I was like, lighten up Francis. :) 

It does change the meaning big time. 

I’d never ban you! You’re forgiven. 

• Haha 1

• Administrators
1 hour ago, timm525 said:

Wow, I remember you posting that. I assume that since NJ had real front license plates, that was your real plate back then? How cool.

Florida doesn’t have front plates so that was just a speciality I had made.

TRSTNO1, my motto to live by. :)

Yes that was a real plate, front and back. A tribute to the X-Files. I miss that car, a true blast to drive but it was Just sitting in New Jersey while I’m living in Toronto. With 2 cars and only a 1 car garage I don’t have any room for it up here so it went to the good home of a Mopar enthusiast in Ohio.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

I have been a member on here for some time and always enjoy checking in on this site to see new posts.  Since I was a big fan of Miami Vice back in the 80’s when I was in High School, I remember I would have given anything to own a McBurney Daytona when the show was on.  I have been “window shopping” for the right car for about the last five years but the deal or timing was never right.  I was finally fortunate enough to fulfill that dream and found the right one to purchase a few months ago that had been owned by a Dr. for the last 26 years.  I am just starting a major mechanical restoration (new Engine) with some additional cosmetic upgrades (exterior & interior) and I hope to have it back on the road by April 1st, 2021.  Since this post is to show our cars, I thought I would add a few of my Daytona in its current State in addition to my work Mercedes S550.  Any suggestions or words of wisdom from the forum during my Daytona’s upgrade process would be both welcome and appreciated!

14F7F47F-93AD-463A-82DB-DE035195AE2F.jpeg

1B70885B-FC03-40A7-8B03-3C3DBFB5A705.png

D43ADF8A-9C0C-4238-8ECC-0DEF9CA21157.png

57109755-F91E-4CAB-91DB-CC02440465BF.png

42318851-7709-4608-B73C-1BFB5EA0DA46.png

6DC6A84A-BD4B-488A-8751-FF41189617BD.png

Edited by CoreyH
  • Like 9

• 8 months later...
On 6/26/2020 at 3:09 AM, Dadrian said:

I’m still in the 2016 Maserati Quattroporte 

4F25B24C-AA90-44B0-B8EE-9C3D80CA33AD.jpeg

Dadrian how could you bear to sell this beauty??!!!! Should have kept it as a  second (or third) car! Btw I've been invited to A "Porsche Driving Experience day" at Silverstone track :)  Lunch and tea included (or breakfast and lunch  depending when you come). Free!!!!! and I haven't even got mine yet. You drive theirs though. Sacré bleu!

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, wolfie1996 said:

Dadrian how could you bear to sell this beauty??!!!! Should have kept it as a  second (or third) car! Btw I've been invited to A "Porsche Driving Experience day" at Silverstone track :)  Lunch and tea included (or breakfast and lunch  depending when you come). Free!!!!! and I haven't even got mine yet. You drive theirs though. Sacré bleu!

It was a heartbreaker for sure. 

Congrats on the Porsche thing. Sounds like a blast. 

• Like 1

My 2013 Mustang rag top. Between the car with the top down and some of my wardrobe ensemble, even at 57, I still get the looks from the girls. Bouncing around Phoenix with Vice tunes playing and dressed in "the style" is a fun time.

20210629_033136.jpg

20210629_033145.jpg

20210629_033157.jpg

• Like 4

• 4 months later...

This is my newest ride, a 1982 Dodge 400. The other classic cars are not mine, but my friend's dad's. I bought it from my friend's dad who has been like a father figure to me since I was about 12 or so. I've always loved these and the LeBarons of the 80s. Such a fun little car and I really love the design. Believe it or not, it's been one of my dream cars since I was a kid.

Only 66,000 miles on it! I bought it just last weekend, when it was about 65 degrees. This baby is near flawless and I will never drive it in the snow and salt, I will only drive it in warmer weather. Sadly, as winter is approaching, she's gotta wait in the garage until spring comes. It was a lot of fun driving it home and heard some 1982 hits on the radio on the way home. The first song that came on was Jackson Browne's "Somebody's Baby" and I felt like I had time travelled!

IMG_4150.JPG

IMG_4149.JPG

IMG_4148.JPG

• Like 4

I have a 2002 SLK-320 that I love to drive. Expensive to maintain and not as much fun to get in and out of as it use to be. I'd like to get something bigger inside, but I don't know what that will be. 

441A0091-B30E-4B8C-9E8E-1AA2036B1250.jpeg

• Like 3

• Administrators
2 hours ago, AndrewRemington said:

This is my newest ride, a 1982 Dodge 400. The other classic cars are not mine, but my friend's dad's. I bought it from my friend's dad who has been like a father figure to me since I was about 12 or so. I've always loved these and the LeBarons of the 80s. Such a fun little car and I really love the design. Believe it or not, it's been one of my dream cars since I was a kid.

Only 66,000 miles on it! I bought it just last weekend, when it was about 65 degrees. This baby is near flawless and I will never drive it in the snow and salt, I will only drive it in warmer weather. Sadly, as winter is approaching, she's gotta wait in the garage until spring comes. It was a lot of fun driving it home and heard some 1982 hits on the radio on the way home. The first song that came on was Jackson Browne's "Somebody's Baby" and I felt like I had time travelled!

IMG_4150.JPG

IMG_4149.JPG

IMG_4148.JPG

These front wheel drive  Mopars from the 80's were highly under rated.  I still miss my Daytona.  (it's on page 1) The car was a blast to drive and the little turbocharged, intercooled 4 banger held it's own against the Mustangs and Camaros of the time.  Good luck with it!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, AndrewRemington said:

IMG_4150.JPG

IMG_4149.JPG

IMG_4148.JPG

Dude. This is AMAZING! Congrats. :tasse_prost:

“You, Sir, are a gentleman.” :p

Edited by Dadrian
  • Like 1

Here is one of mine, the most Vicey of the stable. It is a 2001 Honda S2000. A ton of fun to drive down twisty roads.  This rear wheel drive has the engine completely behind the front axle giving it perfect 50/50 weight distribution.  It can pull some G's for sure.

20211114_220718.jpg

Edited by IA-SteveB
  • Like 7

16 hours ago, Ferrariman said:

These front wheel drive  Mopars from the 80's were highly under rated.  I still miss my Daytona.  (it's on page 1) The car was a blast to drive and the little turbocharged, intercooled 4 banger held it's own against the Mustangs and Camaros of the time.  Good luck with it!

Yeah, they definitely are underrated! I used to have a 1988 LeBaron (4 door hardtop), but sadly somebody smashed into me and that killed it. I’m glad to finally have a 2 door convertible (which was my dream). The 88 one was already a little banged up and rusty, but still a nice car. Your Daytona looked really cool, as well as the Duster! What happened to the Daytona?

14 hours ago, Dadrian said:

Dude. This is AMAZING! Congrats. :tasse_prost:

“You, Sir, are a gentleman.” :p

Thank you! :cool:

Edited by AndrewRemington
  • Like 1