Show your car

admin1389294680

That Dodge is pretty classy.  You just don't see those anymore.  One of my favorite cars from that era is the Dodge Omni GLH turbo by Carroll Shelby.  A high school friend had one and it was a really quick car for the time.  It was one of those cars that was a wolf in sheep's clothing.  Kind of like my 1979 Chevette at the time.  Lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Administrators
6 hours ago, AndrewRemington said:

Yeah, they definitely are underrated! I used to have a 1988 LeBaron (4 door hardtop), but sadly somebody smashed into me and that killed it. I’m glad to finally have a 2 door convertible (which was my dream). The 88 one was already a little banged up and rusty, but still a nice car. Your Daytona looked really cool, as well as the Duster! What happened to the Daytona?

Thank you! :cool:

The Daytona was being kept in a storage unit by my daughter's home in New Jersey. I now live in Toronto, Canada and bringing the car here just wasn't possible. Plus she needed a lot of work.  Realizing I wasn't going to be driving it I bit the bullet and sold her.  The car did go to a good home. A real Mopar enthusiast who had several of these cars already. Guy came all the way from Ohio to get it.  My grandson wanted it for his first car but I said no. Too much power for a new driver!

• Like 3

On 11/16/2021 at 10:26 AM, Ferrariman said:

This helped ease the pain of selling the Daytona  ;)

HPIM2390.JPG

HPIM2395.JPG

Nice car! I like the orange. Is the license plate a Seinfeld reference (replacing soup for Tang)?

Edited by AndrewRemington

• Administrators
9 hours ago, AndrewRemington said:

Nice car! I like the orange. Is the license plate a Seinfeld reference (replacing soup for Tang)?

You got it!   My wife said the color reminded her of the drink "Tang"  so being Seinfeld fans it means 

"No Tang For You!     

HPIM2391.JPG

• Haha 2

On 11/16/2021 at 4:58 PM, Kladdagh said:

Damn ... Those kind of car, I can only afford 'em in GTA Online :)

I think its called the Brevado on GTA 5, does look similar :)

Untitled.png

Edited by RedDragon86
  • Like 3

• Administrators
1 hour ago, RedDragon86 said:

I think its called the Brevado on GTA 5, does look similar :)

Untitled.png

It does look very similar but the louvers by the rear wheels tell me it's a Camaro.  Actually looks better than a real Camaro.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Kladdagh said:

in GTA Online, they like "cross" theirs models to have a unique combo :)

Probably for legal reasons, too. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

As many of you know, I sold the Maserati sedan and bought an SUV. Hashtag dad life :) 

I was sitting on the deck this evening and looked over and noticed a nice shot of the SUV. 

So here’s my Mercedes GLS 550 AMG V8 Twin Turbo in all it’s glory :) 

You can’t stuff a family into a white Testarossa, so you get a Black Mercedes. :rauchen:

E7099FB9-2594-4624-BBDF-117FED9D4F91.jpeg

Edited by Dadrian
  • Like 6

I never take pictures of my car, but this picture happens to have both our cars in it. The early morning picture was taken this past January from our front door. In our driveway sits my Mitsubishi Mirage (silver) and my beautiful wife's Volkswagen Beetle (white). A long long way from Miami.

image.thumb.jpeg.fc061f1199b4dd5263aa869b2db1698b.jpeg

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Dadrian said:

You can’t stuff a family into a white Testarossa, so you get a Black Mercedes. :rauchen:

I hope you at least tried fitting the family in the Testarossa before giving in to reality...

"Come on Honey. Kids, get in the trunk. I can make this work dammit!"

15 minutes ago, fakespyder said:

I hope you at least tried fitting the family in the Testarossa before giving in to reality...

"Come on Honey. Kids, get in the trunk. I can make this work dammit!"

Oh I did. :) 

This was the official test! I had to remind myself of Izzy’s setbacks lesson. :) 

DC47E5FB-6CAC-491F-96FF-7D240B0CD3B5.jpeg

Edited by Dadrian
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

my mom had an old beetle in her youth years. she got stuck with a very positive feeling about that car. she told me its solidity was beyond imagination

• Like 2

• Administrators

Less then 3 weeks ago I very sadly had to trade in my Kitty….an 02 Jaguar X-Type I’ve had for over 16 years. She was 20 years old and over 195K and starting to have lots of issues. So, sadly, I went back to the Jaguar dealership I got my first beloved Kitty and trader her in on a newer Kitty. An 2020 Jaguar XF. The new one is beautiful too and loaded with options I’m still finding out about…but I still miss my original very much!

Old Kitty left, Newer Kitty right. Salesman is the dude walking away.

All things must come to an end….;(

11C7FD9D-31A7-4657-8209-4945177282BE.jpeg

• Like 3

• Administrators
14 minutes ago, timm525 said:

All things must come to an end….;(

Condolences Tim.  I know exactly how you feel. Had my Daytona for 30 years until reality set in and I had to sell it. Miss it everyday. ;(

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ferrariman said:

Condolences Tim.  I know exactly how you feel. Had my Daytona for 30 years until reality set in and I had to sell it. Miss it everyday. ;(

I remember you had the Daytona Ferrariman, I think it was just a year or two newer than my 88 VW Wetfalia.  Cooper&Burnett had an Alfa from the same time.

I was just wondering how many forum members drive vintage cars like the MV characters did.  I haven’t seen many shown. Crockett’s Daytona would have been about 15+ years at the time and Tubbs Caddy at least a decade older.  

It’s weird to think those were newer cars than my Westy which will be 35 years old next winter, and it’s my daily drive.

So, anyone have a daily drive that’s 35 years old or more? 

• Haha 1

• Administrators
7 minutes ago, pahonu said:

I remember you had the Daytona Ferrariman, I think it was just a year or two newer than my 88 VW Wetfalia. 

The Daytona ( pic on page 1) was an ‘89.   Currently my wife’s car, a ‘94 Ford Probe GT, is our daily driver. Not 35 years old but the only one I see on the road. 

14 hours ago, Ferrariman said:

The Daytona ( pic on page 1) was an ‘89.   Currently my wife’s car, a ‘94 Ford Probe GT, is our daily driver. Not 35 years old but the only one I see on the road. 

Closing in on 30 years though!  
I haven’t seen a Probe in years.

• Administrators
27 minutes ago, pahonu said:

Closing in on 30 years though!  
I haven’t seen a Probe in years.

It’s funny. I get many compliments from people that owned one but my favorite response is the puzzled look from young guys driving their Hondas and Toyotas. They like it but have no idea what it is!  I once got a compliment from a young girl working at the McDonald’s drive through. She said “nice car, I love Miatas”!

• Haha 4

30 minutes ago, Ferrariman said:

It’s funny. I get many compliments from people that owned one but my favorite response is the puzzled look from young guys driving their Hondas and Toyotas. They like it but have no idea what it is!  I once got a compliment from a young girl working at the McDonald’s drive through. She said “nice car, I love Miatas”!

That Miata comment is hilarious!  You must take good care of your vehicles.

I get lots of compliments too, but they all know it’s a VW and even a Westfalia.  Sometimes they’re surprised that it’s a full camper with stove, sink, fridge, and two beds, but they know it’s a VW.

Did you know about the VW camper secret society? My wife didn’t believe me at first, but it’s real.  Two things:

95% of the time when we pass each other on the road, we wave.

When we talk to each other at a campground, we ask what the camper’s name is.  They all seem to be named.

Mine is called Big Blue, but I’ve heard Daisy, Sunshine, “Westly” (they spelled that out for me) :D and many others over the years.

Edited by pahonu
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, pahonu said:

Not 35, but my commute this week has been a 20 year old Alfa Romeo.

Plus this weeks range vehicle ( 2 trips and counting)  is a 33 year old Chevy truck.

-J

• Like 2