Some board changes

timm525

• Administrators

Hello Team,

This morning we had a license upgrade that appeared to have some unintended consequences . It appears as our ranks and badges are goofed up. I’ve emailed Chris and asked if he has a back up copy of them so we can restore.

Please report any board anomalies on this thread so we can work to get things back to normal.

We are still not sure what all has gotten changed so your help is very much appreciated. 

Sincerely, the guy at the front desk. :)

• Like 3

One issue - I'm listed as a novice on the new "ranking scheme" yet it shows I have over 6k posts.

I'm sure you will get it and other inconsistencies fixed.  Thanks for all your work on this site.

• Administrators

The other thing I noticed is any custom name I gave to a member has been deleted, for example “Trivia Master Extraordinaire” or  Dadrian’s “The Diet Coke of Jan Hammer”  

• Administrators

It looks like Jim had a special rank name that as part of the member titles? Everyone else seems to just say members. our custom member ranks and icons have been overwritten with the default ones. Hopefully Chris still has them. ?(

It seems to have wiped anything that might have been custom and replaced it with the goofy "Rank" thing that clearly doesn't import from existing board stats. It also changed how it shows total posts...it used to show posts and reputation and now it just gives some version of total posts.

• Administrators

Yeah I know, I’m a few million short on my post count too. Bastards! :evil:

It will take some time to sort all this out and hopefully get things back the way they were if the new software allows for it. This is why I hate “upgrading”.

OMG, I just realized the donation plug in might not be working. Quick…someone donate twenty grand so we can verify it is still ok.

:)

• Haha 5

• Administrators

I seem to have found the setting that brings you to the latest comment instead of the first when looking at the unread section. That’s nice as that was a real PITA. Now if they could only do something with the phone app that sucks!

• Like 1

I don't know if this has to do with the new software, but I'm not able to write posts unless they are free of typos and edits.  

For instance, in "The Cows of October" post I just wrote I wrote about the music of Tiomkin and Elmer Bernstein.  Then I remembered that I meant to cite Morricone as well, so I placed my cursor at the end of Tiomkin's name to add a comma and Morricone's name.  But I wasn't able to - blue appeared instead and when I tried typing it "ate up" what I had already written in the post.  

And I wanted to edit my above post because of a couple of typos, but I wasn't able to do even that, lol.

I guess I'll have to put my review of all the episodes on hold until this is all sorted out.  

• Administrators

it appears they changed the ranks from posts to a stupid points system so everyone has 0 points. :evil:

Edit: I can try to customise it so it suits our preferences however I haven't figured out how I would get it to update to detect how many posts people already have.

Edit 2: actually I might have an idea. 

• Like 1

• Administrators

It looks like the post count has returned.   The custom member titles have also returned.  If you had one and it hasn't returned please contact me and I'll fix it.

• Like 1

• Administrators
2 hours ago, Kladdagh said:

I seems that my "sergeant" grade is somewhere else ... no big deal but ... 

Still working on the ranks :cheers:

• Like 1

• Administrators

You’ve all been demoted for lack of donations! Show me the money and I’ll fix you up with a custom title! :dance2:

• Haha 6

19 minutes ago, timm525 said:

You’ve all been demoted for lack of donations! Show me the money and I’ll fix you up with a custom title! :dance2:

Extortion much? :) 

• Haha 1

• Administrators
55 minutes ago, timm525 said:

Can we pay you off in kilos? ;)

• Haha 1