Some board changes

timm525

• Administrators

Hey you made my cat gain 50 lbs! :)

10 hours ago, James said:

Ok rank and badges are back now in some form... But they're squashed lol. Hmm...

• Haha 2

When I looked at the Calendar, there is nothing listed! It says No events scheduled for today.

Edited by Tony D.

• Administrators
16 hours ago, timm525 said:

Hey you made my cat gain 50 lbs! :)

Changed the size, let me know if that's better on your end :)

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Tony D. said:

When I looked at the Calendar, there is nothing listed! It says No events scheduled for today.

As it stands now...........I can't see any names of members who are having a Birthday each day. If this is not fixed, that's the end of Birthday celebrations! ;( :thumbsdown:

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Tony D. said:

As it stands now...........I can't see any names of members who are having a Birthday each day. If this is not fixed, that's the end of Birthday celebrations! ;( :thumbsdown:

@timm525 at least fix June 27th please :p

• Haha 3

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Tony D.:

I can see today´s birthdays still on the main page.  

• Administrators
12 hours ago, Tony D. said:

You can see it on the main page and click "view all" to  be directed there. Not sure why they're not showing it on the calendar. But I just added "Today's birthdays" on the top of the calendar for you. :done:

• Like 2

On 9/29/2021 at 11:14 PM, James said:

You can see it on the main page and click "view all" to  be directed there. Not sure why they're not showing it on the calendar. But I just added "Today's birthdays" on the top of the calendar for you. :done:

I have to see them on the calendar because I look a few days in advance to post them on time.

@ timm525 - I'll look at June 27th.

• Like 1

June 27th was Dadrian's birthday & I posted it. 

What I will do is wait until after Midnight & then post the Birthdays, because I can see them on the home page on the day...not before.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I only post a Happy Birthday to members who have visited this website in the last 6 to 9 months....unless it's someone who was a regular, but all of a sudden dropped out unexpectedly.

• Like 4

I'm not complaining--my issue is much more minor than notification icons or the birthday calendar (seriously, I'm not trying to whine or be sarcastic).  I see that many of our regular posters' titles have come back (like Tony D. is Captain, Tom is Location Commissioner, etc.), but mine still just reads "Members".  According to my profile, I've attained the heights of "Bureau Chief" in rank!!!  Very exciting, although hard to believe...

But anyway, just checking in to see if that is still something being worked on.  I'm excited to see that the badges have been able to be enlarged and not squished!

I belong to another messageboard, and although board updates are above my paygrade or skill set, I'm familiar with the way site upgrades by the hosting service will sometimes eliminate features members are attached to.  sometimes they can be restored, sometimes not (or it's just way too much hassle). 

Thank you to our hardworking admins and resident wizards!

Edited by vicegirl85
corrected typo
  • Like 4

Am 28.9.2021 um 14:31 schrieb Kladdagh:

Many thanks for the heads up ... It is perfect now and it is great to have the captain grade :p

Great! :thumbsup: I got the message that I´m ab Bureau Chief now. 

• Like 2

• Administrators
On 9/27/2021 at 7:37 PM, Dadrian said:

Extortion much? :) 

Extortion is my business. Oh…wait…that’s Specters motto. But I like it. 

• Haha 3

so i've gone from corporal to bureau chief. that's a hell of a promotion :). I also see Dadrian is now retired. glad to see we will not receive any more order from that old fart anymore :)

Edited by jpaul1
  • Haha 2

• Administrators
6 hours ago, jpaul1 said:

so i've gone from corporal to bureau chief. that's a hell of a promotion :). I also see Dadrian is now retired. glad to see we will not receive any more order from that old fart anymore :)

Easy come, easy go….

• Administrators
19 minutes ago, Glades said:

Can anybody please explain to me what this means, a "new status update"? I just got one, but never did before.

Seems like a site upgrade automatically made some changes that we are slowly correcting. (which is why we hate upgrades!)  Lately I've earned badges for being "Dedicated" (really?!) and for being a "Ten Year Veteran"   My profile also says I'm a Bureau Chief.  I don't wanna be a Bureau Chief!   

We're working to fix things but if you have a problem just let us know and we'll see what we can do.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ferrariman said:

Seems like a site upgrade automatically made some changes that we are slowly correcting. (which is why we hate upgrades!)  Lately I've earned badges for being "Dedicated" (really?!) and for being a "Ten Year Veteran"   My profile also says I'm a Bureau Chief.  I don't wanna be a Bureau Chief!   

We're working to fix things but if you have a problem just let us know and we'll see what we can do.

The reason why I ask is that it looks to me more like a private exchange between christine and vicegirl and nothing which I should be able to read. But I´m not sure, maybe it is actally a public thread?