Some board changes

timm525

• Administrators
6 hours ago, Dadrian said:

How about Internal Affairs? :) :) :) 

I ain't no snitch! ;)

• Haha 3

• 3 weeks later...

Promoted to Major! :)...lieutenant was lower rank but sounded much better. It's got the superior officer in command vibe, shouting like Rodriguez or giving you the stare like Castillo.

Major sounds more military like...didn't know such rank existed in US civilian metro police.

Edited by sdiegolo78

3 hours ago, sdiegolo78 said:

Promoted to Major! :)...lieutenant was lower rank but sounded much better. It's got the superior officer in command shouting like Rodriguez or giving you the stare like Castillo.

Major sounds more military like...didn't know such rank existed in US civilian metro police.

Yes it does.  A former student of mine is a Tampa policeman and was just promoted to major and put in charge of law enforcement in part of the town.

10 minutes ago, miamijimf said:

Yes it does.  A former student of mine is a Tampa policeman and was just promoted to major and put in charge of law enforcement in part of the town.

It also exists in some sheriff's departments. Lots of variations between departments, though.

• Like 2

My former department went Chief, Asst Chief, Major, Captains, Lieutenants, Sergeants, Corporals, Field Training Officers, Patrol Officers.  We were a fairly small department too, so it was definitely a case of being too "top-heavy".

• Like 2

as i already said it once, here are the ranks of the MDPD:

Police Officer

Police Sergeant

Police Lieutenant

Police Captain

Police Commander

Police Major

Police Division Chief

Assistant Director

Deputy Director

Director

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, jpaul1 said:

as i already said it once, here are the ranks of the MDPD:

Police Officer

Police Sergeant

Police Lieutenant

Police Captain

Police Commander

Police Major

Police Division Chief

Assistant Director

Deputy Director

Director

i think any rank past captain is more 'political' than operational...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sdiegolo78 said:

not sure about that. You can't give police responsabilities to an icecream seller (just an image here). these people have to know their job. I mean they are in charge of public peace. certainly a bit of politics comes into the balance. But i do hope a qualified politics is able to see the value of a man/woman, even if he/she is in the opposite side. if you put the wrong man/woman in place, you can have a really nasty result at the arrival

2 hours ago, sdiegolo78 said:

Personally, I wouldn't want to advance too far into a job in which I'm nothing but a political animal (Grrr!). I think an administrative level is okay, but when it moves more towards public relations, I'd rather just be a volunteer for something in my free time.

• Like 1

i don't know how it goes in the US, but here it's the most qualified who gets the job, not the more 'politicized'. as i said the job is way too sensitive to put an amateur there

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jpaul1 said:

i don't know how it goes in the US, but here it's the most qualified who gets the job, not the more 'politicized'. as i said the job is way too sensitive to put an amateur there

I've always liked that, the best person & most qualified for the job; no "owed a favor" kind of deal, a relative situation, or Peter Principle involved.

• Like 2

• Administrators

Well guys, this is how we roll in the MVPD

Trainee   0

Police Officer  40

Corporal   100

Sergeant   250

Lieutenant  500

Captain   1,000

Major   2,000

Bureau Chief  5,000

Chief   10,000

Veteran  20,000

Legend   30,000

• Like 1

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Eillio Martin Imbasciati said:

I've always liked that, the best person & most qualified for the job; no "owed a favor" kind of deal, a relative situation, or Peter Principle involved.

For those who don't know, the "Peter Principal" is when a person rises to his or her highest level of incompetence. ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Ferrariman said:

Trainee   0

Police Officer  40

Corporal   100

Sergeant   250

Lieutenant  500

Captain   1,000

Major   2,000

Bureau Chief  5,000

Chief   10,000

Veteran  20,000

Legend   30,000

what are those reps, posts

1 hour ago, Ferrariman said:

For those who don't know, the "Peter Principal" is when a person rises to his or her highest level of incompetence. ;)

Yep, that's good ol' Peter for sure, and I don't want to meet no Peter:p.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Eillio Martin Imbasciati said:

Yep, that's good ol' Peter for sure, and I don't want to meet no Peter:p.

This is a family channel! :) 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Dadrian said:

This is a family channel! :) 

I meant Peter Pan though, the peanut butter you know (however, I usually get jiffy with that Skippy). You're right though, in this case it's better to leave Peter alone.

18 minutes ago, Eillio Martin Imbasciati said:

I meant Peter Pan though, the peanut butter you know (however, I usually get jiffy with that Skippy). You're right though, in this case it's better to leave Peter alone.

On a sobering note, I just learned of Peter Scolari's passing; he seemed like a super guy, as well as a performer (he did voicework for two episodes of "Batman: The Animated Series", a series I love, but he stayed pretty busy throughout his career).

• Administrators
5 hours ago, Ferrariman said:

Trainee   0

Police Officer  40

Corporal   100

Sergeant   250

Lieutenant  500

Captain   1,000

Major   2,000

Bureau Chief  5,000

Chief   10,000

Veteran  20,000

Legend   30,000

You missed one:

Village Idiot 1,000,000+   ;(

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, jpaul1 said:

not sure about that. You can't give police responsabilities to an icecream seller (just an image here). these people have to know their job. I mean they are in charge of public peace. certainly a bit of politics comes into the balance. But i do hope a qualified politics is able to see the value of a man/woman, even if he/she is in the opposite side. if you put the wrong man/woman in place, you can have a really nasty result at the arrival

You're incorrect, at least when it comes to many departments. There's often a break between the rank and file and the supervisory positions (blue shirts and white shirts in Chicago PC lingo, but the theme also appears in the NYPD and other larger forces). White shirt appointments are often quite political in many forces. Chicago in particular has a "merit" process where promotions can come through connections and not test scores, and that is of course quite open to political abuse. Sure, they may have been cops, but that doesn't always mean they're the most qualified.

2 hours ago, timm525 said:

You missed one:

BAAAAAAAAAAHHHAAAAAAAHHHAAAAA!!!!  I wonder who you are referring too? 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Robbie C. said:

You're incorrect, at least when it comes to many departments. There's often a break between the rank and file and the supervisory positions (blue shirts and white shirts in Chicago PC lingo, but the theme also appears in the NYPD and other larger forces). White shirt appointments are often quite political in many forces. Chicago in particular has a "merit" process where promotions can come through connections and not test scores, and that is of course quite open to political abuse. Sure, they may have been cops, but that doesn't always mean they're the most qualified.

here it doesn't work that way. the justice is always watching. ready to strike. this is nothing more than a good democracy functioning. when a politics messes up, generally the consequences for him/her are nasty (i could give examples but i won't, to not give a political taste to the post)

the revolution having generated blood floods, democracy is now considered sacred here. So politics here generally think twice before doing 'hazardous' moves

If what you're saying is true, which i don't say it isn't, then it's a bit sad for you. But well, that's your issue, only you can fix it. Don't worry, we have our extremes here too. But the law here strikes hard, and fast. I don't know how the french justice works exactly. only thing i know it's that it strikes hard (against big abuses), and it's always there to stop any abuse. Yes, i'm proud of it

Edited by jpaul1

• Administrators
11 hours ago, timm525 said:

You missed one:

Uh, so...what's 2 million? :cheers: