Don speaks about MV Reboot and Tubbs

Mr. Calderon

I can be disgusted with Dick Wolf's contributions to a degree, but I can't dump on him entirely.  He's definitely competent, and he certainly had an excellent vision for that different kind of cop-n-court show, which proved itself to be a tremendously powerful concept.  I like Law And Order in its own right---it's a GOOD show, a good creation.
If I were a man with a vision of my own, working in a rough competitive profession that hasn't seized on my concept for a new product yet, yes I'd be itching to introduce my idea to the top brass and get it recognized.  Good for him for finally getting his chance to make Law And Order.  
I only fault him for trying to use Miami Vice (or ANYBODY's show) as just a lab experiment for his new idea.  That's where he and I would part company---my conscience would have prevented me from bending a show that's already been successfully created from someone else's talent and labor, just to sell my own project.  I would have to honor Vice's creators and just reinforce the show's existing structure.  
:pLOL, I guess that proves that I'd be too considerate and straight-up a person to last very long in Hollywood.  Those folks would shred me up like a leafy cabbage.  You have to be like Dick Wolf, to make it super-big in this town

Edited by Augusta

This is probably a crazy idea but I’ve  always thought if you do a reboot, you build around the character of Eddie Rivera son who’s now a cop. Rivera was Crockett’s partner in the original pilot so you’ve got a deep connection to the first series.  No appearances by the original cast right off but then small appearances down the road. Switek’s voice on some digital radio program as host. Things like that. Then maybe some storyline that could involve Crockett & Tubbs at some point. A story that would leave open the possibility of more appearances.   

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Noggie said:

This is probably a crazy idea but I’ve  always thought if you do a reboot, you build around the character of Eddie Rivera son who’s now a cop. Rivera was Crockett’s partner in the original pilot so you’ve got a deep connection to the first series.  No appearances by the original cast right off but then small appearances down the road. Switek’s voice on some digital radio program as host. Things like that. Then maybe some storyline that could involve Crockett & Tubbs at some point. A story that would leave open the possibility of more appearances.   

Or the Ricardo Tubbs´son becoming the new calderone....

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mr. Calderon said:

Holy Cow!!  Do you have any idea what a super suggestion you just wrote?  If we think it out, the Tubbs and Crockett partnership was CAUSED by Tubbs on a personal calling, driven by family blood taken by Calderone's violent world.  That family tie and whatever vindication he thought he could obtain called him out of his badge in NY, enough to make him want to murder a hood with a shotgun in the street if he could get a clear shot.  
To learn that Calderone's legacy still has an influence on his family (now through his long-lost son), is just the right thing that would "call" Tubbs back into Miami, out of whatever retirement he was finding piece in, and reaching out for help from (or maybe just accidentally bumping into) a surprised Crockett and the gang.
Now THAT's the kind of reason I can accept seeing a Philip on camera, dodging his age and dodging his mileage, to go  grabbing a gun in anger and fiercely slicing through a Miami city that's changed a lot from what he knew, and an aging Don trying to keep Tubbs tempered and warning him that "when it gets personal, it gets messy".
I could accept THAT as good justification for a "reunion" of performers that we know aren't going to look and move as spritely as they need to.

Cool idea, Mr Calderone!!!!  Tubbs' pain was the catalyst that ignited the series, and ironically is the catalyst that brings them meeting up again after so much time has passed.
Between your suggestion and Noggie's, you almost make me want to see a reunion movie.

Edited by Augusta
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Augusta said:

Holy Cow!!  Do you have any idea what a super suggestion you just wrote?  If we think it out, the Tubbs and Crockett partnership was CAUSED by Tubbs on a personal calling, driven by family blood taken by Calderone's violent world.  That family tie and whatever vindication he thought he could obtain called him out of his badge in NY, enough to make him want to murder a hood with a shotgun in the street if he could get a clear shot.  
To learn that Calderone's legacy still has an influence on his family (now through his long-lost son), is just the right thing that would "call" Tubbs back into Miami, out of whatever retirement he was finding piece in, and reaching out for help from (or maybe just accidentally bumping into) a surprised Crockett and the gang.
Now THAT's the kind of reason I can accept seeing a Philip on camera, dodging his age and dodging his mileage, to go  grabbing a gun in anger and fiercely slicing through a Miami city that's changed a lot from what he knew, and an aging Don trying to keep Tubbs tempered and warning him that "when it gets personal, it gets messy".
I could accept THAT as good justification for a "reunion" of performers that we know aren't going to look and move as spritely as they need to.

Cool idea, Mr Calderone!!!!  Tubbs' pain was the catalyst that ignited the series, and ironically is the catalyst that brings them meeting up again after so much time has passed.
Between your suggestion and Noggie's, you almost make me want to see a reunion movie.

its not a New theory...

• Like 1

Am 6.12.2021 um 19:47 schrieb Mr. Calderon:

I protest against that. :evil:Tubbs' son would be one of the good guys for me, because why should he of all people follow in Calderone's footsteps? 

• Haha 2

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Christine said:

I protest against that. :evil:Tubbs' son would be one of the good guys for me, because why should he of all people follow in Calderone's footsteps? 

But if he's raised by Orlando he may well turn out like his father.  :hot:

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Ferrariman said:

Orlando and his cousin Xavier are killed about a year later in St. Gerard.

1 hour ago, king77 said:

Orlando and his cousin Xavier are killed about a year later in St. Gerard.

But they had money to pay a psycho nanny

Edited by Mr. Calderon
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 12/7/2021 at 9:59 PM, Dadrian said:

Ladies and Gentlemen, @Mr. Calderon :) 

The psycho nanny could be Giselda Blanco from Cocaine Cowboys lolol

Edited by Mr. Calderon
  • Haha 2

vor 19 Stunden schrieb Ferrariman:

Orlando was killed, wasn´t he? SO he couldn´t have raised Little Rico.

• Like 1

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Christine said:

Orlando was killed, wasn´t he? SO he couldn´t have raised Little Rico.

Yeah, forgot about that. Hopefully he didn't influence the little guy before his demise!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Ferrariman said:

Yeah, forgot about that. Hopefully he didn't influence the little guy before his demise!

Babies do tend to spit on their moms…

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Christine said:

LOL, Christine you are a certified Sweet-heart!  
Okay, out of respect for you, let's change the story a bit.  We can say Rico's son was "snatched" away by a temporary nanny who saw what the Calderone family members were grooming him to inherit.
The nanny raised him up, and now he's grown enough to make a man-sized decision to go down either road that's put before him.  But the nanny is killed, and the Calderones are searching for him--as heir to whatever future they plan for crime.  

Rico has only recently received information about all of this, and has come secretly to Miami to find the boy (young man?) and rescue him any way that a long-lost father can.  
So a violent race is on.  A race not for the squeamish. 

Christine, what do you think?  If Christine gives it the okay, we'll know we've got something with action AND heart in it,... and we'll collectively mail this to Mann and Yerkovich.

Edited by Augusta
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Dadrian said:

Babies do tend to spit on their moms…

All your posts are cracking me up---I love this!  If story-writing was this much fun, Hollywood should never have had writer strikes and walkouts.:thumbsup:

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Augusta said:

All your posts are cracking me up---I love this!  If story-writing was this much fun, Hollywood should never have had writer strikes and walkouts.:thumbsup:

If in 2minutes they talked about Raphael Tubbs and this drama went thru 5 Seasons...another theory could explain that rico's son post kidnapping easily.

Am 8.12.2021 um 20:33 schrieb Augusta:

LOL, Christine you are a certified Sweet-heart!  
Okay, out of respect for you, let's change the story a bit.  We can say Rico's son was "snatched" away by a temporary nanny who saw what the Calderone family members were grooming him to inherit.
The nanny raised him up, and now he's grown enough to make a man-sized decision to go down either road that's put before him.  But the nanny is killed, and the Calderones are searching for him--as heir to whatever future they plan for crime.  

Rico has only recently received information about all of this, and has come secretly to Miami to find the boy (young man?) and rescue him any way that a long-lost father can.  
So a violent race is on.  A race not for the squeamish. 

Christine, what do you think?  If Christine gives it the okay, we'll know we've got something with action AND heart in it,... and we'll collectively mail this to Mann and Yerkovich.

I guess you haven't read my fan fictions "Blizzard over Miami" and "Bloddy Sunday" because the idea in them is similar. In that one, it's Calderone's former nanny, who still lives in his house, who is outraged that he wants to use a baby as leverage. Since she's the only one Calderone will let tell him anything, he finally agrees to let her and the baby leave the house, but she has to promise that the little one will never know who his father is.
Of course, someone does find out, because that's part of "Blizzard over Miami."
You see, I too thought years ago about how this story could continue and how it would be possible to have the old team investigate, although of course there has long been a younger team on Vice.