COOP HOSPITALIZED!

COOPER&BURNETT

Hi everyone.Bet you've wondered where I've been? Well, from reading this topics headline, you now know.I've been hospitalized, and have been under a doctors care for a few weeks.I have been diagnosed with CROHN'S DISEASE.It's an ongoing disorder that causes inflammation of the digestive tract. The inflamation usually is in the small intestine. That's where mine seems to be. It's painful.Also, I've been very weak. At one point, I didn't eat for about 9 days.I've had it pretty rough. I've had a colonoscopy (the stuff they make you drink made me toss my cookies, it's gross), x-rays, diagnostic imaging (on thursday), doctor visits, blood tests, medicines (two huge pills four times a day), and coming up next week, I'll be swallowing a (get this) a pill camera. That's right, a camera inside a pill. I will swallow it, and it will capture 50,000 images of my insides.I've been very tired, and very weak. If I go up the stairs, my heart races, and I'm all out of breath. My blood tests have shown that my white blood cells count is extremely high. That is NOT good. I can easily sleep 20 hours a day if I feel like it.I started loosing weight, and the doctor told me to try and eat. I let him know that the papers and flyers he gave me mentioned I should be eating more fiber in my diet. He said, right now is not the time. He wanted me to regain my weight, so he put me on a diet of, (get this) things like Pizza, hamburgers, pasta, tacos etc!! ANYTHING that will add weight. I was dumfounded!! I've eaten Pizza twice (I'll have it for lunch today too), and many hamburgers.I eat, yet I'm not hungry. I have to force myself to. I think that's one of the traps of this disease. One can loose weight, because when your intestines hurt, and your in pain constantly, one doesn't feel like eating.I've been out of work, and not had any pay for several weeks. Too weak to drive to the places that have to help fill out the state disability paperwork. I have not really been well enough to go on the computer, or be on this site. I sleep most of the time, as I'm pretty weak. I have seen that I have a couple of emails, and 9 PMs on this site waiting for me to read. I'm sorry, but I'll have to read them later, as I'm not up to it just yet. I'm assuming it's either people wondering where I am, or questions about vice. 9 PM's? You make me feel popular here! Sorry I've been gone a while. I've been meaning to write, but just was too weak. I'm going to request a higher dose of vicodin, as the stuff that was given to me was a low dose, and does nothing for me.This is not a fatal illness, however, in extreme cases, people do have to have some of their intestines removed, as well as their bladder. That's in EXTREME cases, and I don't think that will be me (I hope). I'm hoping that my case will be considered minor.I miss you all, and will be on here as often as I can feel up to it.Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildEingefügtes Bild

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• COOPER&BURNETT

• timm525

• Stinger390X

• Richie Rich

• Administrators

Been wondering where you've been but as I posted in another topic here, I don't like to pry. Thanks for letting us know you're ok (or as well as can be for now) Take care and get well soon! ;)

Coop, Sorry to hear that! I hope that you´ll recover soon and that this site and VICE will distract your thoughts in the mean time to the positive things of life!

Geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez Coop I am so sorry to hear about your state of pain.Get well soon pal and remember: If you die...I'll kill ya!Chin up!!!Your pal........

• Administrators

Get well soon pal and remember: If you die...I'll kill ya!

Actually, have you willed your Vice collection to anybody? ;)Hang in there pal!

• Administrators

Yea his underware goes to the Admins on here and all the suits/jackets go to the one and only male Super Mod! :dance2:

Dood!!Wow, that is scary. I was starting to fear that you might be ill, as you had been gone a while. But I kept the faith that you would return when you felt up to it. I hope this can get stabilized with the right meds so you can get on with life w/o pain. Hang in there, and rest up. We need you here and you were most def. missed.

Mate, RID really does not wanna see COOPID - so get better soon you beast you... anything we can do, let us know... Man.. when Rodriguez died we got Castillo, so I PARTIED! But who the heck could replace you man?!!

really good to see your name on here again. i hope you get well soon. we all miss you.i got a new cover waiting for you when you get back ("last call").your friend always!

"Also' date=' coming up next week, I'll be swallowing a (get this) a pill camera. That's right, a camera inside a pill. I will swallow it, and it will capture 50,000 images of my insides.I miss you all, and will be on here as often as I can feel up to it."[/i']Get well soon, my friend, as this site is just not the same without you. Not taking anything away from Ferrariman, as he holds us in the road, but you are the one who keeps the pedal to the metal.Build your energy back so that we can enjoy your wit, your recollections, your collections and your support.But please don't add any of your Pill Pics to the site, I'm not ready to know you that well!

Hey, Coop, sorry to hear you are not well. Prayers that you will get better soon, pal. You DO wear the linen jackets to the doctor's office, yes?

Get well soon, my friend, as this site is just not the same without you. Not taking anything away from Ferrariman, as he holds us in the road, but you are the one who keeps the pedal to the metal.Build your energy back so that we can enjoy your wit, your recollections, your collections and your support.But please don't add any of your Pill Pics to the site, I'm not ready to know you that well!

I actually DO have photos of the colonoscopy. I won't post them.:) I wonder why they give you those photos. What am I supposed to do with them anyway? Put them up on the fridge?

There to remind you that you are full of sh*t! :dance2::dance2::dance2:{Sorry' date=' I couldn't resist! :p}[/quote']:) Interestingly, when they did the colonoscopy, I was told to drink a gallon of this gross liquid that is supposed to flush you out. After about three drinks, all I did was throw up. I refused to drink anymore! I stopped using it after drinking LESS than 80% of the required gallon of liquid!It turns out that nobody knew I hadn't eaten in 9 days. There really was no need to clear out my system. I drank those three glasses, and threw up for ...nothing. They gave me three IV's of fluid in my viens while in the hospital because I was so dehidrated.I just called my primary doctor to ask for a stronger vicodin. Hope I get it. The one prescribed was a very low dose vicodin.

Sorry to hear that Coop! Get well soon! :)Look at the bright side' date=' you didn't fall ill before Obamacare. ;)[/quote']Well all regret it if it happens. Even ENGLAND is trying to go back to how our health care system is right now because they recognize Gov health care isn't working. So why then are WE trying to leave the greatest health care system in the world??

Well all regret it if it happens. Even ENGLAND is trying to go back to how our health care system is right now because they recognize Gov health care isn't working. So why then are WE trying to leave the greatest health care system in the world??

'Cause socailism is cool, man. :DSeriously, I have no clue either. If you look at any poll that asks about what issues most VOTERS (not Americans) care about, health care is about 15th on the list. Why? Because 90% of Americans have health insurance, like their doctor, and their coverage. Why fix it if it ain't broke? :thumbsdown: