Neon Trivia

miamijimf

Congrats Andrew you got it.  It is1450 Collins Ave, Miami Beach probably best known to Vice fans as Sex World in Little Miss Dangerous but was used by Vice many times in different guises.  In reality the building has gone through numerous incarnations from Hoffman's Cafeteria to Jerry's Famous Deli and is now Senor Frog.  You see the lips and the exterior when it was designed to be Sex World briefly in the teaser of ‘Streetwise’ from about 00:10 to 00:17.  In Red Tape it was actually Club Ovo. 

• Like 1

Wow.  You are indeed an expert on locations in Miami!  I'm not very knowledgable with it.  I haven't even been close to state of Florida, either.  Not yet!  Someday!  I keep telling myself I'm gonna move down there!  I'm from Iowa but live in Wisconsin.  My hometown is very close to Waverly, Iowa.  Home of a big Elvis Presley fan!

Screen%20Shot%202015-12-21%20at%202.45.4

If I ever meet Michael Talbott, I'll have to ask him if he's ever been to Spillville!

Edited by AndrewRemington

Thanks Andrew.  Nice post.  There are other members on this site that are better with locations.  You should make the trip to the Magic City.

Here's another neon trivia case.  Need episode and scene.

Edited by miamijimf

Wow.  You are indeed an expert on locations in Miami!  I'm not very knowledgable with it.  I haven't even been close to state of Florida, either.  Not yet!  Someday!  I keep telling myself I'm gonna move down there!  I'm from Iowa but live in Wisconsin.  My hometown is very close to Waverly, Iowa.  Home of a big Elvis Presley fan!

If I ever meet Michael Talbott, I'll have to ask him if he's ever been to Spillville!

Hey Andrew 

I did not notice before you live in Wisconsin.  I lived there from 1990 thru 2005.  I lived in Sheboygan and met my wife in Milwaukee.  She was a lifelong resident of Milwaukee.  We finally got tired of shoveling snow every winter so moved to Nevada. 

Ok, I will finish this.  It is from the "Cell Within" at the hotel/bar.   :) 

Yes Vicefan that is correct and yes Summer it is the first case I posted on this thread.

Here's another case from season 4.  Click for larger image.

Edited by miamijimf
  • Like 1

• Administrators

"Love At First Sight"   Gina is undercover asking about pimps who like to cut.

• Like 1

"Love At First Sight"   Gina is undercover asking about pimps who like to cut.

You got it F-Man.  :thumbsup:

Try this one from season 4.  Click for larger image.

Edited by miamijimf

• Administrators

"Rock and a Hard Place"   The reporter digging up "Dirty laundry" on Crockett.

• 2 weeks later...

It looks like a few of the last posts were lost in the transfer to the new server - no big deal.  I did post that F-Man was correct.  By the way I've noticed that progress on restoring the site is continuing.  For example you can now change your profile picture.  Great work guys.

• Like 1

PDVD 000swe

This should be easy.  Click for larger image.  Need episode and scene please.

Edited by miamijimf

Yes good job summer.  :cool:

Try this one from Season 4.  Click for larger version.  One of my least favorite episodes.

Great question Jim and location  :D

Great question Jim and location  :D

Matt - thanks but go ahead and solve if you know the answer.  Let me know if you think this is too easy.

Was this the club seen early in Death and the Lady? The staircase looks familiar.

Edited by Sonny-Burnett

4 hours ago, Sonny-Burnett said:

Was this the club seen early in Death and the Lady? The staircase looks familiar.

Yes very good, that is the same location.  Vice filmed there a lot but I need the correct episode and scene.

Edited by miamijimf
  • Like 1

On 1/24/2016 at 11:44 PM, miamijimf said:

Yes very good, that is the same location.  Vice filmed there a lot but I need the correct episode and scene.

Well done ! Of course the end of "Death and the Lady" !:dance2:

The end of "Death and the Lady" is incorrect.  Still looking for the episode and scene for this specific scene showing two people walking upstairs.

Still an unsolved case.  This was filmed at Club Z, then Mansion nightclub. 1235 Washington Avenue, Miami Beach.  See previous posts.  Need correct episode and scene.

gallery_14_47_31045.jpg