RECOGNIZE THIS BLAZER?? (how to build your own blazer!)

COOPER&BURNETT

Eingefügtes BildDo you recognize this Crockett Blazer?It's important that you also look on page 2 and 3 for the FULL story.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• COOPER&BURNETT

• timm525

• Dadrian

• Richie Rich

Yes, I recognize it :rolleyes: .If that was trivia, then it was somewhat easy (which is good for me, a non-expert at trivia).Oh - and also: I want one!

Yes' date=' I recognize it :rolleyes: .If that was trivia, then it was somewhat easy (which is good for me, a non-expert at trivia).[/quote']It's not trivia Richie, I'm just showing off my new find.Members Know what episodes it's in, but they seem to love this blazer from the series.Any comments?

I'll bite, can this blazer be purchased and if so where? I don't expect you to sell your blazer, but if a store has them I'd like to know it.:radar:

Heck yeah from that distance it definitely looks like the original ! :clap: Your collection never ceases to amaze Coop - wish I knew about your sources!

coop, you're just awesome.rodriguezisdead, that song in your signature is very nice. i really like that cd. GM is a great artist. sorry to get off topic.

Heck yeah from that distance it definitely looks like the original ! :clap: Your collection never ceases to amaze Coop - wish I knew about your sources!

Sometimes, when you look at the detail of a pattern at closeup, it lookes different.However, Rodriguezisdead......you are CORRECT!This is NOT the blazer that was used in the show.Great Job, and a great eye. :clap:Although I do own originals, this is not one of them.Knowing the chance of me getting the original of this style is extremely slim, as I have pretty much exhausted any leads on this one, I decided to at least get the look.I'll explain with photos on how this was created on the next several pages.

Knowing the chance of me getting the original of this style is extremely slim' date=' as I have pretty much exhausted any leads on this one, I decided to at least get the look.[/quote'] Hey, I'd be more than satisfied with even just 'getting the look' ! It's as close as dammit, isn't it? You'd never tell the difference - I think it's a popular jacket partly because it seems like a more 'unusual' style for Crockett - in Season 2 didn't he generally have slightly stiffer/starchier jackets than this one?

Here's step by step how I did this.First of all, I went to NORDSTROMS and found a mens shirt that seemed to have a pattern that looked extremely close to the blazer seen in the show.It is a heavy 100% cotton shirt. It is soft, and feels like linen. (linen is cotton by the way)It was a perfect canadate, because the original was an unconstructed blazer. When I took it home, I first, cut off the collar.Then, I took off all the buttons.I then sewed up all the buttonholes to make them less noticeable, and removed any tags that could be seen.Eingefügtes Bild

Next, I folded down the collar stand, and folded back the shirt material, and made them lapels.Then I ironed the "lapels" to stay in place.Eingefügtes Bild

Being this is actually a shirt, there are shirt tails that are present. Blazers don't have shirt tails.Eingefügtes Bild

Next, I folded up the shirt tails, cut off the excess material, and had the material sewn up.I then iron the edges to make it look sharp. Eingefügtes Bild

With that completed, you can now see that the bottom now looks more like a blazer, and the bottom edges are now straight across.Eingefügtes Bild