RECOGNIZE THIS BLAZER?? (how to build your own blazer!)

COOPER&BURNETT

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• COOPER&BURNETT

• timm525

• Dadrian

• Richie Rich

It still actually differs from the original, as the original had a "belt" the back, that helped with the pleated back for comfort.The originals lapels are a different.The original has slightly thinner stripes.The original has patch pockets. I'd need to have another of these shirts to make the front pockets, but there were none left.The original has a chest pocket like the one on my shirt, but the difference is mine is a patch pocket, the original has a chest pocket, but it's a slit opening, and the pocket is sewn inside the jacket like most blazers.The design is very close, and the sleeves can easily roll up like the original.

You see it's that kind of passion that makes me love this site...

It is fun when you see your not the only one who in life makes VICE a daily part of it.YOU ARE NOT ALONE!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

One thing I forgot to mention (if you too decide to do this with a shirt sometime yourself) is to get a size larger than you would normally wear.It's not to be worn as a shirt, but OVER a shirt, like an unlined blazer.When I first was interested in it, I intended to wear it as a shirt. I can wear size large, however, it was a rather large size LARGE. It was just too big.When I brainstormed, and thought about making it a blazer, I thought it all out in the store and how I was going to do it if it would work.So, if you do this, make sure you get a size larger than you would normally wear to make sure it fits over a t-shirt.-COOP

now you're just rubbing it in :)
I'm sorry Wilson' date=' I didn't mean to pal.[/quote']i was joking. i'm really glad for you.

See you're feeling better Coop... or do you just want us all green with envy so you blend in?!?Luv ya Babe xxx

My thing on here is to share, and inform you of my love of MIAMI VICE.If I can't share my stuff on a MIAMI VICE fansite, what good is it?I'm sharing.Also, if you were green with envy....make it a PASTEL green! :DLuv you right back MORGANA! :happy:

I'm sorry??? PASTEL GREEN??? A Goth wearing PASTEL GREEN??? Emerald green Hon... :eek:Seriously, glad to see you back on here... sharing your previously undeclared love of Miami Vice... never would have guessed you were a fan!!! :p;):p;):happy::happy::happy:

I'm flabbergasted!!! Turning a shirt into a Sonny Crockett blazer.You should sell them , Coop!BTW - Could you tell us the price of the shirt?

Marked down price, $49.00. Not sure what full price was. $80.00 - $100 +??It was made VERY well. It's a heavy weave soft cotton (may as well call it linen) and all the stripes lined up perfectly, which was done by hand by a craftsmen. Even the chest pocket stipes are perfectly matched.This is a quality garment.

Unfreaking-believeable.I read how you did it, and then found myself wondering how you did it.Maybe I have entered some sort of state of altered consciousness. I just hope tomorrow that I don't find myself saying "huh? What do you mean hey Richie? My name is Sonny - Sonny Crockett!"

Unfreaking-believeable.I read how you did it' date=' and then found myself wondering how you did it.Maybe I have entered some sort of state of altered consciousness. I just hope tomorrow that I don't find myself saying "huh? What do you mean hey Richie? My name is Sonny - Sonny Crockett!"[/quote']But you ARE Sonny Crockett.

But you ARE Sonny Crockett.

I wish.About the closest I came is that I sat in the exact same place that he did. It was the curb at the Little Havana gas station from Evan. I am on the right with the black pants. Sadly' date=' that will be the closest I will approach to the Kingdom of Sonny:Hmm - now that I think about it, that Nordstrom shirt/jacket would be great for what I had on that day.[img']http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee99/MVRichieRich/DSC01450.jpg