One person's ridicule of the show....

Scot from S.C.

• Administrators

Holy crap! I bet you guys are the kind to bring tomatoes and eggs to a speech huh! :p:DTough group.Remember, I'm on your side!

no one i know makes fun of MV!the people i know either: - love it!- haven't watched it!- just think its another show, nothing too special but not bad eitherso I guess i haven't really encountered any anti-Vice people - don't know how i'd react!!!:D

I think it´s good that tastes differ. We all love Vice, but others don´t. Not all people I know love Vice, but they never talk bad about it or make fun on it. Some of my friends only love the music, but not the actors. I think that´s OK.

Things I like about CSI Miami:- David Caruso's character throwing out a pun right before the opening credits' date=' while either taking off or putting on his sunglasses. I always love how cheesy and hilariously bad that is. - You get to see a ton of hot chicks, either in bikinis or just in regular clothes.[/quote']Lol. You've hit the nail on the head there! Those are the only two reasons I would watch it at all. CSI Miami used to come on after Dexter on FX, and through laziness if nothing else, i'd leave the channel on sit through the first 5 or 10 minutes of a a CSI Miami episode, and then predict the order of events to my partner. "Opening scenes initially showing ariel shots of Miami Beach"... check."Scenes of young people having fun, particularly beach babes partying"...check "Some surfer Dude or beach babe finds body in an unexpected place"... check "Horatio and the rest of the CSI lot turn up"... check"Horation asks questions whilst repeatedly taking sunglasses off and putting them back on again"... check."Horatio makes a witty, dry, and apt apraisal of the situation whilst slowly putting sunglasses back on"... check"Queue The Who"... check.I would then go to bed.

either you love it or don't...seems like there's some sort connection i feel with all MV fans - kinda like a family-sort of feeling!like i understand and empathise! kinda funny:D

predict the order of events QUOTE]Horatio makes a one liner' date=' puts on his shades then Roger Daltrey screams "YEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"[img']http://a2.vox.com/6a00ccff8d72a34064011018067fba860f-500piThat is cool. Great opening credits sequence (Brilliant choice of theme song, speaking as a massive Who fan) and I really dig the aerial shots of Miami throughout the show. They should film more episodes in Miami though.If you pushed me I'd have to say CSI Miami is better than Burn Notice. The only thing I like about Burn Notice is the Miami scenery. Other than that...

It's when you're working with people who've never heard of Miami Vice because they're too young that you realise you're getting old!

predict the order of events QUOTE]Horatio makes a one liner' date=' puts on his shades then Roger Daltrey screams "YEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"That is cool. Great opening credits sequence (Brilliant choice of theme song' date=' speaking as a massive Who fan) and I really dig the aerial shots of Miami throughout the show. They should film more episodes in Miami though.If you pushed me I'd have to say CSI Miami is better than Burn Notice. The only thing I like about Burn Notice is the Miami scenery. Other than that...[/quote'']That's true. It was about time somebody chose a classic Who song as the opening theme to a tv show. Have you ever seen the film "The Summer of Sam"?, Spike Lee uses "Baba O'Reilly" and "We won't get fooled again" to good effect in that.

It's when you're working with people who've never heard of Miami Vice because they're too young that you realise you're getting old!

hey! i'm young! u just gotta know the right tv and movies and take an interest and u find that.......MV is the best TV show there is!

Yeah. I thought the uses of the Who songs were brilliant in Summer of SamMy favourite uses of Who songs are:Quadrophenia (1979) - The Real Me / Cut My Hair / My Generation / 5: 15/ Love Reign O'Er Me / Bell Boy / I've Had Enough / Doctor JimmyMiami Vice episode 'Out Where the Buses Don't Run' (1985) (TV) - Baba O'RileyMiami Vice episode 'Killshot' (1986) (TV) - Eminence FrontRushmore (1998) - A Quick One While He's AwaySummer of Sam (1999) - Baba O'Riley / Won't Get Fooled AgainThe Limey (1999) - The SeekerAmerican Beauty (1999) - The SeekerThe Simpsons episode 'A Tale of Two Springfields' (2000) (TV) - Won't Get Fooled Again / The Seeker CSI Miami (2002- ) (TV) - Won't Get Fooled AgainGrand Theft Auto: San Andreas (2004) (VG) - Eminence FrontGrand Theft Auto IV (2008) (VG) - The Seeker

hey! i'm young! u just gotta know the right tv and movies and take an interest and u find that.......MV is the best TV show there is!

Lol. I just meant in general. I must commend you on your taste though. Please spread the word amongst others of your generation who can reap the rewards of watching a unique tv programme!

One person's ridicule of the showMy husband worked for NBC in NY when the show was on. I remember posters of Crockett and Tubbs in the halls near his office and tons of Miami Vice memorbilia in the gift shop...it was all the rage and I wasn't a fan then! What a golden opportunity I missed with that one!Anyway, I have been defending my love of Miami Vice for years. For the most part, my family pokes gentle fun, winking when I pull out a DVD or make reference to something from the show. I wanted my friends who didn't watch the show when it was on to see some of the DVD's with me, but several saw that awful, awful movie and that killed my chance of convincing them the show was great. As far as authentic Miami scenery is concerned, I remember reading that when Miami Vice's popularity began to wane, and because each episode cost a fortune to film, many episodes were filmed in LA to save money. Guess it's the same with CSI Miami...in order to survive, the bottom line rule!

Guest neworder
As far as authentic Miami scenery is concerned' date=' I remember reading that when Miami Vice's popularity began to wane, and because each episode cost a fortune to film, many episodes were filmed in LA to save money. [/quote']I'm pretty sure all of Vice was filmed in Miami, they obviously did some exterior shots of L.A for Rock and A Hard Place but I believe even the rest of that episode was filmed in Miami. Vice used more interior shots in later seasons but im 99.5% sure that L.A was never used to replicate Miami in Miami Vice. Thats why Vice is so good...authenticity you don't get with many TV shows today. It may have been a factor in Vice being too expensive and killed off perhaps a season or 2 earlier, but I'd rather have 5 seasons of consistent Miami authenticity than 8 seasons (e.g CSI Miami) of majority L.ALook at the next season of 24, supposed to be set in New York but because of budget constraints no filming is actually going to take place in New York.

This is what I usually get whenever I mention Vice. "Whaaat? You watch that old show? And you're a chick?!" And I just respond, "Yes, I watch that old show. I love it. Believe it or not, I grew up watching it on my parents' old VHS tapes. I was a pretty cool kid, don't you think? I bet you do. That's my life story. Now go away."They really do go away ;)

Are they related? It's very Horatio Caine in Golden Triangle when Castillo says "No it's not. Southeast Asia. Let's go". You expect to hear the 'Yeah' after itEingefügtes BildEingefügtes Bild

With younger folks I usually get....." Oh yeah, Don Johnson....he drove the yellow car?" T.D. - " No, that's Nash Bridges." :rolleyes: "Wait...Miami Vice.....wasn't that Chong guy in it?" T.D. -"No, Nash's partner was Cheech!" :hot: "Oh yeah, MV with Colin Farrell...." T.D. - "That's the lousy movie!" :fireworks: :fireworks: :fireworks:

This is what I usually get whenever I mention Vice. "Whaaat? You watch that old show? And you're a chick?!" And I just respond' date=' "Yes, I watch that old show. I love it. Believe it or not, I grew up watching it on my parents' old VHS tapes. I was a pretty cool kid, don't you think? I bet you do. That's my life story. Now go away."They really do go away ;)[/quote']yep, pretty cool kid!my elder brother kinda got me into it...he's a big fan and would watch it late at night, i would too and loved it!

• Administrators

Are they related? It's very Horatio Caine in Golden Triangle when Castillo says "No it's not. Southeast Asia. Let's go". You expect to hear the 'Yeah' after itEingefügtes BildEingefügtes Bild

I guess that would make Horatio the red-headed stepchild?! :dance2:

As far as authentic Miami scenery is concerned' date=' I remember reading that when Miami Vice's popularity began to wane, and because each episode cost a fortune to film, many episodes were filmed in LA to save money. Guess it's the same with CSI Miami...in order to survive, the bottom line rule![/quote']I posted an article that states that they THOUGHT about bringing it to LA, but they never did. The production stayed in MIAMI till the end.

According to imdb, Don Johnson was considered for Horatio in CSI Miami. It would've been cool if he played the part. Then DJ would've been the star of the highest rated show in the world

I always felt CSI was an insult to everyone's intelligence, everytime I watch it I get the feeling that there's some moron sitting there saying "oooooohhhhh!" over and over again, to me, CSI really stands for "Criminally Stupid Investigators".The best thing to do is what Coop said, ignore the Vice-haters, although don't go to war with them...Join me in the war against people who sit watching TV shows saying "ooooohhhh!" out loud, WE WILL FEED YOUR CABLE BOXES TO ELVIS THE ALLIGATOR, "OOOOOHHHH!" SAYERS!:evil::)

I would've mouthed off about CSI: Miami but you decided to take the high road which is probably best. Does CSI: "Miami" not sound even faintly reminiscent of "Miami" Vice to these people?I wish I had the looooooooong list of which actors were on the show - does anyone have that?And the musicians alone who had their work featured on M.V., you know they had to be big time, or at least a plug on M.V. was a dream for many of the others.

Never mind, this is war! These co-workers of yours, do you know what their cars look like?Dchan, that was a great post on the first page there. I had no idea Dick Wolf would've looked down his nose at M.V. the series. That's so weak."Look at me, I'm a C.S.I. fan, I'm brooding." "LOL!"Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildEingefügtes Bild/I love GIS