One person's ridicule of the show....

Scot from S.C.

I can't believe nobody ever caught this:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glvGfQnx3DICSI Realistic? Driving Hummers and actually doing arrests? Gimmie a break.In all probability' date=' these are vapid people who watch whatever's cool at the time and turn their nose up at anything they can't look hip/trendy doing one liners off of while hanging out at the water cooler. They probably watched Miami Vice...then moved on to Friends.[/quote']Speaking of Jim Carey, here he is at his way way over the top best.

Guest neworder
In all probability' date=' these are vapid people who watch whatever's cool at the time and turn their nose up at anything they can't look hip/trendy doing one liners off of while hanging out at the water cooler. They probably watched Miami Vice...then moved on to Friends.[/quote']Well I like CSI Miami and obviously Miami Vice, so if your describing me as Vapid then obviously you are too. If I just watched whatever's cool at the time then I wouldn't watch Miami Vice, I was born the week the show ended, and trust me, liking Miami Vice isn't cool at my age (apparently)CSI Miami is a good, easy to watch TV show that is amusing, has some decent action, some decent style and good music. People who watch Friends however I agree with you on lol :)

lol at my work all dont even know what miami vice is :cry:i just cant look all those tv shows nowadays,all this coolness and blabla

Well I like CSI Miami and obviously Miami Vice' date=' so if your describing me as Vapid then obviously you are too. If I just watched whatever's cool at the time then I wouldn't watch Miami Vice, I was born the week the show ended, and trust me, liking Miami Vice isn't cool at my age (apparently)[/quote']I'm referring to people that watch something because it's cool and trendy at the time and have no other interest.

• 4 weeks later...

I have had all the same questions too, about the cars, boats and clothes. I think now I will just get some cards made up answering these questions. Save me wasting my time.Also lost count on how many times I have explained how all these recent shows can thank miami vice for it's ground beaking use of motion picture cinematography, use of music and filming on location.I watched csi miami when it first aired in Australia, but one episode was enough. The only police show that I have watched in recent years that I like is "the wire". But for me nothing beats vice. THE ONE, THE ONLY MIAMI VICE.

I have had all the same questions too' date=' about the cars, boats and clothes. I think now I will just get some cards made up answering these questions. Save me wasting my time.Also lost count on how many times I have explained how all these recent shows can thank miami vice for it's ground beaking use of motion picture cinematography, use of music and filming on location.I watched csi miami when it first aired in Australia, but one episode was enough. The only police show that I have watched in recent years that I like is "the wire". But for me nothing beats vice. THE ONE, THE ONLY MIAMI VICE.[/quote']I've not watched any cop shows since VICE.I used to watch S.W.A.T., THE ROOKIES, & STARSKY AND HUTCH before watching VICE. Never had an interest in other cop shows,(or...TV for that matter ) since VICE. I did watch NEWS RADIO and AIRWOLF. Most reciently, I still tune to COPS, HELL'S KITCHEN, KITCHEN NIGHTMARES, & SHARK TANK. NOTHING campares to VICE! :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...

michael mann is the greatest film maker ever he gave vice its feel look and produced on every episode.. he also made manhunter a 10/10 film with stars william l peterson who played gill grisom on CSI and even he passed up on producing Miami because he seid it was shockingly crap.. and then ultimatly left CSI vages i love the show but come on vice is a lot better.. in everyway but i suppose only like minded people will see this

• 7 years later...
On 8/28/2009 at 11:04 AM, Ferrariman said:

I've gotten the same reactions to Vice. It usually turns out that they're closet fans who are, for some reason, ashamed to admit it. Most likely men who are too insecure to wear pastels.As for CSI Miami, can't stand it. I love the original show based in Vegas but they should take a cue from Vice & "Burn Notice" and show a little more Miami scenery. The 1st (and last) time I watched CSI Miami I barely recognized the skyline with their washed out colors. I swear they must have a yellow lens filter on their cameras!I'm also amazed how David Caruso, who was so excellent on "N.Y.P.D. Blue" could be so bad on CSI Miami! If they told him he wasn't allowed to wear sunglasses or place his hands on his hips he'd have nothing to do.

Interesting about CSI Miami and Caruso's acting. Has anyone noticed that his sometimes stoic expressions, his poses, and sparse use of dialogue may be some failed attempt to emulate Castillo? 

• Like 2