COOP's NEW CONTEST # 2 !!!!

COOPER&BURNETT

Currently smashing my head against a wall' date=' trying to get an idea. What's at stake is so precious that it has blocked my creativity. :cry:When's the deadline?[/quote']The deadline is when I see that there is not enough interest in this contest. Which there seems to be little at this point.Surprising, considering how I was asked to do another contest, and this is a prize people want.I'll give it some more time.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• COOPER&BURNETT

• Pandina

• Lar

• timm525

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest neworder

Just to keep this contest going along, I'll post a Vice like pic to spark ideas I hope. But don't choose this one COOP lol! It's a great prize people get yourselves out there and snap up a picture, doesn't have to be Florida, I took this in the North of England lol. I hope it's Vice like... I think it is anyway lolEingefügtes Bild

neworder, it IS VICE LIKE!Thanks for giving an example. Hopefully if your reading this, you have a general idea of what to post. Remember, it can be anything, as long as it's MIAMI VICE related.It doesn't have to be style shot like this one, it can be you in vice clothes, your vice collection, an art deco shot, a Miami Vice style home....anything.

• Administrators

OK, Coop. Here's my entry.I took this a few years ago. It was taken in Longboat Key, Sarasota Florida where I spent my summers growing up as a kid.This always reminded me of a MV boat house which is why I took the pics back then.When I was a kid, my family would spend our summers anchored in this little outlet/bay along with about fifty other boats. We had a dingy that we would take from our boat to shore and then walk down the street to the beach to spend the day.The pic is a little blurry as it was on the other side of the outlet/bay from where I was standing and I had to use the zoom quite a bit without a tripod or anything else to steady it.Eingefügtes Bild

• Administrators

Coop. Two more entries for your contest.

Here is a little more history of the area and two more entries for your contest. The pic of the house shown below is my second one. The pic at the end with the Peacock is my third. Enjoy!The pics were taken from the dock of Moore's Stone Crab Restaurant. Moore's is the oldest restaurant in Sarasota today. It is over thirty years old and still family owned.This pic here is of a very cool looking MV style home that overlooks the point of this outlet. It has sat unoccupied for many years and is in poor condition. It has went through a series of foreclosures with the bust of the real estate market.Eingefügtes BildThis shot here is of the same boat house but is a little clearer and shows the angle differently from the last pic.Eingefügtes BildThe pic is a Google Earth shot showing the restaurant, house and boat house all in relation to each other.Eingefügtes BildIn the center where you see the four boats is where we would anchor for the summer. There would be about 50 boats there in the peak of the summer all anchored like us. I found out a few years ago, they made it illegal to anchor there anymore which is why there is only four boats shown there now. We would take our dingy from the boat over to the shore by the restaurant and leave it there for the day. That was back in the day when people didn't steal or bother everything you owned. Sadly, those days are gone forever now.If I ever won the lotto, this is where I would retire to. The homes are all in the millions. God knows what insurance (IE. flood insurance) would cost to live there not to mention the property taxes.One other thing. The road (Broadway Street) to Moore's has several Peacocks running around. Been there for years. Never been able to get a shot with their wings spread although their colors are beautiful, just elusive. As far as I could tell, there are about three or more running around there. Someone in the area has to feed them and take care of them, but they are allowed to run all over the street there. Scary thing is the main highway to it is a 45 MPH zone but the birds don't seem to ever go by it. Maybe they're just smart.Eingefügtes BildThanks for looking.:cheers:

My first entry in your contest. (I hope this works)After resizing my photo I hope you can still see my entry. It is just part of my vast collection of MV stuff.

post-749-1389296299129_thumb.jpg

• Administrators

Very nice collection! :thumbsup::clap:Good luck.Feel free to post a pic any size you want. The board will scale it down for you if it is too big.

My 2nd entry for Coop's ContestHere are 5 photos I took of Vice locations when I was in Miami last April. 1st is of the gas station from Evan. The next 2 are of the Carlyle Hotel. 4th is the Deering Estate where the end of Bushido was shot. Last one is of the Freedom Tower from where Lou gets shot.:happy:

post-749-13892962991568_thumb.jpg

post-749-13892962992002_thumb.jpg

post-749-13892962992235_thumb.jpg

post-749-13892962992621_thumb.jpg

post-749-13892962993024_thumb.jpg

Thanks for looking.:cheers:
There is a place not far from me that also has peacocks running loose near a road. They too never seem to get killed, so I too guess they stay away from it.Thanks for the entries tim.

After resizing my photo I hope you can still see my entry. It is just part of my vast collection of MV stuff.

NICE collection!Love the MIAMI VICE logo towel!Wisht the photo was bigger, but I like it.

Here are 5 photos I took of Vice locations when I was in Miami last April. 1st is of the gas station from Evan. The next 2 are of the Carlyle Hotel. 4th is the Deering Estate where the end of Bushido was shot. Last one is of the Freedom Tower from where Lou gets shot.:happy:

Great shots of MIAMI!Very CLASSIC shots of MIAMI! :thumbsup:I'd love to visit someday too.Thanks for the entries!Keep posting everyone.Remember, post to win!

Well, I had a better idea planned, an original photo, but if you don't mind C&B, I'll post some of my "home MV pics" taken awhile back. They had appeared before in the various pic threads. Still good, I hope?Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes Bild(Unfortunately, I no longer have the Camaro)Eingefügtes BildMy brother and me, and no, it wasn't wasy getting him to take a pic, especially since he was never THAT into MV (aka, into MV like me ;)). IMO he kinda looks like Evan!Eingefügtes BildOr, even better and MV-like...Eingefügtes BildFinally...Eingefügtes Bild(the Camaro's gone, but the Vette is still around!)

Lar, you know I love these photos.You are one very cool dude! :thumbsup:Love the Crockett look pal! :clap:I also know they are original, and they will be accepted for the contest.Members, I was really hoping for original photos especially taken FOR this contest, that was what I had in mind, not exactly pre existing original photos.I will accept them if that is what you'd like to enter, but more attention may be aimed at photos taken JUST for this contest.Remember, your entering a photo to win.

Thanks' date=' C&B. If nothing else, they'll keep the contest going. Maybe I'll go ahead with my original photo idea...[/quote']You are right. It DOES keep the contest going without me pulling it for lack of interest, and you are also encouraged to post an original photo.What I'm going to do is to put all the photos that everyone has submitted so far all together so everyone can see them all together, and what they are up against. Then, if someone thinks they can come up with something even more original, hopefully they will post it.

I have posted all the photos so far up for consideration in a new thread, entitled, "CONTEST PHOTO ENTRIES".There, you will see all the photos side by side to evaluate, so you can see what your competition is.Please, continue to post your original photos on THIS thread. I will post the photo on the other thread as they are submitted.

Machine Gun Kelley, thanks for entering the contest!Your photo has been added to the thread, "CONTEST PHOTO ENTRIES".

Here's my second entry, I was looking at some MV photos on my iPod touch and was listening to a song used in MV at the same time (I know, it's blasphemy the only music on my iPod is Depeche Mode, but it works for me 'cause I can shuffle without skipping songs). Sure, it was another mix I don't have in MV, but it's pretty much the same song.Eingefügtes Bild

This photo doesn’t really represent the spirit of Miami Vice; I had this idea, I knew right from the start that it would’ve been lots of fun to do and fun was what I was looking for. Pandina in “Ombra nel buio†(the Italian title of “Shadow in the darkâ€)Eingefügtes BildImportant:no Pandas were harmed in the making of this shot. (Actually Pandina loved to be wrapped in tin foil and to be messed up with the flour!!!)

Pandina in “Ombra nel buio†(the Italian title of “Shadow in the darkâ€)Eingefügtes BildImportant:no Pandas were harmed in the making of this shot. (Actually Pandina loved to be wrapped in tin foil and to be messed up with the flour!!!)

NOW we're talk'in!!!THIS is an ORIGINAL photo.THIS is what I'm looking for!ORIGINALITY!!!!I gotta say, I LOOOOOOOVE THIS!!You took effort, and originality, and you turned out a FANTASTIC SHOT!!Everyone, take notice. THIS type of original photo is what I'm looking for!PANDINA, You just made my day!!!:thumbsup:

Thanks Coop!!! It sure is original, but believe me it was effort-free, it was just 100% fun!I've picked this for the contest, but I took pics of the entire process of making it.Perhaps I could show everything in an off topic... we'll see. ;)Thanks again for adding me to the contest! :thumbsup: