How Is The Weather Where You Are For The Start Of 2010?

Maria714

i wasn't talking of Miami in particular any Florida stuff would be (highly) appreciated :thumbsup:I'll try & get some pics out to you JPM1 as soon as I can.;):thumbsup:I got a question for you JPM1, just how do you manage to reply to everyone in one post?:confused: I've been a member of this forum for about 3 months now, and am still clueless on how to do that.:rolleyes:

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• maynard

• Tony D.

• Maria714

• miamijimf

In Germany it's now -4°C (~26°F) and it's snowing again and again this day! I like it - it's so nice and we love it to go to the forrest and so...But I like summer time much more!

Thanks Maria Eingefügtes Bild next time i'll give a try to Crockett's theme in da hausmix remix and Sinnerman . at
Crockett's car is at the garage unless it's Tubbs .? there are cool pics in that thread Eingefügtes Bild

Freaking cold but no snow... (low: 26 F, just below freezing) and I was just watching this t.v. special with people in Scandinavia driving to McDonald's in snowmobiles - I couldn't believe it. I was shivering just watching.

• Administrators

We got freeze warnings in effect for all this week in my area at night. The news said today it is 20* below the average for this time of the year. :freeze:

So where's this global warming we speak of?!What global-freaking-warming?!

Al Gore hallucinates Global Warming, he then threw that stuff the Scarecrow had in Batman Begins in peoples faces to force them to believe it.But seriously, if it gets any colder, I'm going to create the largest Carbon footprint as possible to get this Global Warming going, worry about the after-effect later.

in december while i was working outside once i had to work in T-shirt as it was too hot . in France normally december is with January and february one of the coldest monthes (snow,cold rain ..) . few monthes ago we had two hailstorm in one week , don't know about the global warming but the more we go on the more i think something is going wrong with the weather :confused:

Guest neworder

don't know about the global warming but the more we go on the more i think something is going wrong with the weather :confused:

El Nino is in full effect at the moment and therefore is probably the cause of all the unseasonal weather. Ive always associated El Nino with warmer winters in the UK but that theory has gone straight out the window this year. However, scientists say El Nino creates more severe weather and I suppose the heavy snow and well below average temps in the UK and the USA for that matter can be classed as Severe weather. For Florida one trend that I've noticed (due to my near miss in 1998) during El Nino years is increased Tornado activity and more severe weather across central Florida during winter months. Case Studies - 1998/2007 central Florida tornado outbreaks, both a lot more severe than traditional floridian tornado's. I remeber the 1998 event well, staying in Disney World and two supercells, one 8 miles to the north west and one 8 miles south east of Disney spawned F3 tornado's ... that night was horrific, flooding, high winds, etc etc, been kind of obsessed with Tornado's ever since ...So perhaps watch out central floridians this winter, the fact that cold weather is pentrating florida at the moment is a sure sign of possible tornado's as temps rise in a month as the increased frequency of cold fronts hitting the normal warm Florida air will spawn these severe storms ... during non- El Nino years, Florida won't get as many severe cold fronts coming across.

El Nino is in full effect at the moment and therefore is probably the cause of all the unseasonal weather. Ive always associated El Nino with warmer winters in the UK but that theory has gone straight out the window this year. However' date=' scientists say El Nino creates more severe weather and I suppose the heavy snow and well below average temps in the UK and the USA for that matter can be classed as Severe weather. For Florida one trend that I've noticed (due to my near miss in 1998) during El Nino years is increased Tornado activity and more severe weather across central Florida during winter months. Case Studies - 1998/2007 central Florida tornado outbreaks, both a lot more severe than traditional floridian tornado's. I remeber the 1998 event well, staying in Disney World and two supercells, one 8 miles to the north west and one 8 miles south east of Disney spawned F3 tornado's ... that night was horrific, flooding, high winds, etc etc, been kind of obsessed with Tornado's ever since ...So perhaps watch out central floridians this winter, the fact that cold weather is pentrating florida at the moment is a sure sign of possible tornado's as temps rise in a month as the increased frequency of cold fronts hitting the normal warm Florida air will spawn these severe storms ... during non- El Nino years, Florida won't get as many severe cold fronts coming across.[/quote']Thank You Neworder!!!! Me being a Floridian, and I'm not even that knowledgable on all this.... and apparently, neither are the weathermen & women from the newscast that I watch.I know that I wanted a bit of a cool change from the excessive heat we had during the summer months,:hot: but this is out-of- bounds. I am freezing:freeze: & want my summer heat back.

Ya this period may go down as the longest stretch of cold weather in Florida history. Its in the 30s at night and the 50s in the daytime. If it doesn't warm up soon I will move further South where the weather is warm, the drinks are cold etc etc. Not to Key West however. Instead of dropping a crystal ball at midnight on 31 December, like they did in Times Square, they dropped a drag queen.

Guest neworder

Yeah Orlando may even get colder than York UK tonight, with -2C forecasted for Orlando and -1C in York ... having said that, by day ... we've just had 5 inches of snow dumped on us ... AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!

Ya this period may go down as the longest stretch of cold weather in Florida history. Its in the 30s at night and the 50s in the daytime. If it doesn't warm up soon I will move further South where the weather is warm' date=' the drinks are cold etc etc. Not to Key West however. Instead of dropping a crystal ball at midnight on 31 December, like they did in Times Square, they dropped a drag queen.[/quote']How long has it lasted so far, I remember it usually lasted 2-4 days when I lived there.

Holy cow! Even Miami is cold right now!!! High of 57° today, 58° Sat and Sun. I feel sorry for those people who spent big $$$ on a Miami vacation and arrived to that weather.

How long has it lasted so far' date=' I remember it usually lasted 2-4 days when I lived there.[/quote']It started, if I remember correctly, last Friday and is predicted to continue until at least next Monday. Normal high for this time of year is 70. It's now 47 with a possibility of snow flurries mixed with rain and 31 degrees tonight.

It started' date=' if I remember correctly, last Friday and is predicted to continue until at least next Monday. Normal high for this time of year is 70. It's now 47 with a possibility of snow flurries mixed with rain and 31 degrees tonight.[/quote']Better get out the chains and shovels!:DWe may get 3-5 inches Thursday...hope so, might as well if its going to be this cold.

• Administrators

All we need right now is a major brown out in Florida and the death toll will skyrocket here amongst the elderly.Most of us in Florida have no supplemental heat without our AC system to provide it. No electricity, no heat! :eek:Thankfully I have a fireplace that is going non stop and I have a lot of wood to burn.:freeze:

• Administrators

I'd like to see Al Gore visit New Jersey right now and try to preach his global warming crap! He'd freeze his @$$ off! Mid 20's to freezing during the day and low 20's to teens at night! Practically a heat wave! ;)

I'd like to see Al Gore visit New Jersey right now and try to preach his global warming crap! He'd freeze his @$$ off! Mid 20's to freezing during the day and low 20's to teens at night! Practically a heat wave! ;)

Man made global warming is a fraud.Al Gore won an academy award for his movie on the subject. He's becoming weathy off this. His "carbon footprint" is larger than if you lived 1000 years with his jets, convoy of cars, and massive home.Like Crockett said in the episode SCORE, "Don't buy into this".