Miami Vice ~ 1st Trip to Miami Feb 1987

DJAngel

In February 1987, we took the first of three trips (1987, 1988, 1989) to Miami. We loved Miami Vice, and the look of the city, so we made a decision to travel there hoping to see some filming, but we knew that might not happen. On our last day there, we happened to run into someone we had met a couple nights before at a bar in the Carlyle Hotel. He said the hotel told the guests there would be filming the next day on Ocean Blvd - Miami Vice would be filming:) Here are the pictures taken during that week in February, which included 2 days of filming - Feb 18th & Feb 20th. I have a trip story written at that time. I'll add it after the photos.

• Like 1

Don surprised us. He started to walk in a different direction..then he turned and walked across the street to where we and some other people were watching them. Came right over to Margaret and me and took our hands and squeezed them:eek::happy:, then continued walking and greeting other fans:dance2:

post-20-13892963072275_thumb.jpg

post-20-13892963072431_thumb.jpg

post-20-13892963072632_thumb.jpg

post-20-13892963072838_thumb.jpg

post-20-13892963072973_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Do you still keep in touch with margaret?Also,how were you allowed to just walk up and take photos with the stars like that? Weren't there gates, or security keeping people away? Why weren't other people swamping them?and one other thing,Was Izzy kind, quiet, hurried or just kind when you took the photo with him.Did you have time to talk to anyone, or was it just a quick photo?When I met the former NFL Oakland Raider football great John Matusak, and Olivia Brown at her party which I was invited, I had the luxury of not having them have to be somewhere, so I had all the time in the world to chat with them.

Do you still keep in touch with margaret?Also' date='how were you allowed to just walk up and take photos with the stars like that? Weren't there gates, or security keeping people away? Why weren't other people swamping them?and one other thing,Was Izzy kind, quiet, hurried or just kind when you took the photo with him.Did you have time to talk to anyone, or was it just a quick photo?[/quote']Coop - we were at the behind the gate at the Atlantis. Here's a picture of the gate. We posed with Eddie as he was walking up the driveway, and same with Michael Talbot and Philip's brother. They were just so nice, it was unbelievable. There were not very many people around. The people who lived at the Atlantis were allowed to go behind the building where they did the filming.Izzy was nice and friendly.I need to post the trip story so you can see how it all happened. We were supposed to leave the day of filming on Ocean Drive. We quickly extended our trip and stayed a few more days after the guy we ran into from the bar told us there would be filming the next day on Ocean Drive. We got incredibly lucky, no doubt about it.

EJO Buckle Up Miami Ad - This was on the side of a wardrobe truck.Eingefügtes BildI think this is what he wrote on the photoTo "My" Wardrobe Staff,I Love you all. You make me look and feel special.I Love you for it!!Edward James OlmosLt Castillo