Miami Vice ~ 1st Trip to Miami Feb 1987

DJAngel

Thank you for sharing your wonderful memories & experiences with us! I have no clue what it was like in the 80s (grrr slow parents), but with pictures and stories like this, I'm satisfied. So glad that I joined .ws.

Awesome pics and story, Bon (DJAngel)!Thanks, Bon - these pics and story are wonderful - just as I experienced it with you! It was beginning of a wonderful friendship and, oh yes, with Don, too! In addition to Don, the entire cast and crew were so kind to us and to this day, Bon and I feel so very fortunate to have "been there" at such an exciting time in television history! :happy:

Great pics thanks. Some of those sites look drab compared to today. Vice had a lot to do with increased popularity and prosperity of the area.

Great pics thanks. Some of those sites look drab compared to today. Vice had a lot to do with increased popularity and prosperity of the area.

Our last trip to Miami was Feb 1989. There were construction stands all up and down Ocean Drive. We wondered what was being planned. Of course, Miami Beach and Ocean Drive were soon going to be almost completely transformed into the way they look now. I returned to Miami Beach for the first time in Feb 2006. I had seen the pictures of the new Miami Beach, but I was still surprised at how much it had changed :eek:

Not sure which one I like better.....the photos or the story.I'd call it a draw. :thumbsup::clap:
Thanks' date=' Coop:DHere's another bit of memorabilia from our first trip to Miami. This is a business card from Mappy Restaurant on Ocean Drive. We went there for breakfast several times. They had the best scrambled eggs and Cuban toast:p I don't think it's there anymore :cry:[img']http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v114/BonitaKS/MV%201987%20Trip/MappyRestaurantOceanDriveMB0287.jpg

The Testarozza (covered) & Trucks on Ocean DriveEingefügtes Bild"DJ Ville" license PlateEingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildMargaret relaxing on the deck of our Suite at The Alexander - Definitely Miami:happy:Eingefügtes Bild

These photos and descriptions are off the chart cool.I'm transfixed to this.I'm dying to see more. ANY photos are welcome!From all of us, Thank You DJAngel, your unique here! :cheers::clap:

This picture is taken from the short bridge to Brickell Key (where the fishermen are in the beginning of Smuggler's Blues and where they catch the corrupt Fed/Dolphins fan at the end):Eingefügtes BildLook how the view has changed over the years!Current view

These photos and descriptions are off the chart cool.I'm transfixed to this.I'm dying to see more. ANY photos are welcome!From all of us' date=' Thank You DJAngel, your unique here! :cheers::clap:[/quote']Glad you enjoy them. What better place to share MV memories than with fans;)

Thank You soooo much for posting these photo's and your great story. Glad you got to live and now re-live these memories. One photo that sticks out to me...The pic of the wardrobe truck.... Imagine if the keys were left in that baby and nobody was around....That sucker would have been mine! Talk about a gold mine! Mike

If you read the trip story you know we stayed one night at the Alexander Hotel because Holiday Inn sold our room before we arrived in Miami. Here's the suite at the Alexander we stayed in for that first night. I'm sure it's completely different now after 23 years. We felt like we were in heaven:happy: The MV Production Office was located at the Alexander.Me on the balconyEingefügtes BildLooking straight down from the balconyEingefügtes BildMargaret by bedroom window (no bad views)Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildEingefügtes Bild