WEEKEND TRIP TO MIAMI WITH YOURS TRULY & SOME COOL VICERS!!!!

Maria714

Visiting Miami Jai Alai, where there was no live play, which ended in April, unfortunately -Eingefügtes BildAt the Cuban Memorial Plaza on Calle Ocho -Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildDan at La Casa De Los Trucos, and Maria at the mural wall on Calle Ocho, Little Havana -Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes Bild

Miami Ballpark construction site (on the site where the Orange Bowl sat) - future home of the "Miami Marlins", in 2012:Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildThe large rails will be for the retractable roof (considered a necessity with the almost daily late afternoon summertime thunder storm):Eingefügtes Bild

It was great meeting up with Maria, Jim and Richie. They came to see the band Friday night, and picked me up the following morning to go touring and sightseeing. I was beat as could be, having worked all day Friday preparing for the show, doing the show, then getting home at 4:30am to catch a few hours' sleep before meeting up with the gang. We had a blast touring Calle Ocho and the Grove.The band's next scheduled performance is June 12th at Lakes Cafe in beautiful Miami Lakes, Florida. I will try to keep y'all posted with more info on this and other upcoming appearances. In the meantime, anyone who'd like to get a copy of our CD can visit www.museodeldisco.com and order it. You can try this link to go directly to the title, or search the web site for Mantrap, Lost Memories (It's a Spanish web site, so have your translation dictionaries handy - LOL!).The album cover is a blue cloud formation (I took the picture) with the band logo across the top and the album title across the bottom. It is a combination of latin ballads and light pop, some sung in English and some sung in Spanish.With a little luck, we'll get a few more Vicers down in the near future!

• Like 1

WOW!Even MORE great photos!Y'all gotta do this again real soon! :clap:

Well Cooper....As mentioned by DanJ in post #54 on this thread....He & his group "Mantrap" will be performing again on June 12th at Lakes Cafe in Miami Lakes, Fl. So you KNOW this Vicerette will try her BEST to be there front & center, with her trusty camera, singing voice & dancing shoes.I haven't even unpacked my luggage from this weekend's trip or even fully recovered from all the excitement....but I am READY TO ROCK & ROLL:D!!!!As I say I'm just a HARD PARTYING KINDA GAL:dance2:!!!!

Maria, You and Jim should listen to JAN HAMMER and songs used in MIAMI VICE on your next trip to Miami! :radio::dance2:It would really set the mood!

Maria' date=' You and Jim should listen to JAN HAMMER and songs used in MIAMI VICE on your next trip to Miami! :radio::dance2:It would really set the mood![/quote']Actually....That's EXACTLY what we did to & from Miami:):D. And let me tell you....IT WORKED;):D!!!!

Actually....That's EXACTLY what we did to & from Miami:):D. And let me tell you....IT WORKED;):D!!!!

:clap::clap::clap:

It looks and sounds like you all had a brilliant time & I'm so envious! Maria & Jim - your pictures of the weekend are superb; Richie - those mojitos and stone crabs look fabulous; DanJ - it sounds like your gig went really well & I'd love to hear the band.I can't wait to return to the city in 2011

It looks and sounds like you all had a brilliant time & I'm so envious! Maria & Jim - your pictures of the weekend are superb; Richie - those mojitos and stone crabs look fabulous; DanJ - it sounds like your gig went really well & I'd love to hear the band.I can't wait to return to the city in 2011

We had a MARVELOUS time CarolineUK:D!!!! These Gentlemen are REALLY GREAT to hang out with:thumbsup::clap::D!!!! We took loads of pictures, which I believe are yet to be finished posting. DanJ & "Mantrap" were AWESOME INDEED:clap::thumbsup:!!!! I barely sat down the whole time.:) Can't wait till you are able to join us in 2011:D.

We had a MARVELOUS time CarolineUK:D!!!! These Gentlemen are REALLY GREAT to hang out with:thumbsup::clap::DDanJ & "Mantrap" were AWESOME INDEED:clap::thumbsup:!!!! I barely sat down the whole time.:) Can't wait till you are able to join us in 2011:D.

Yes I know - I was lucky enough to meet up with them last September.After seeing all those pics and hearing the news, I can't wait until next year either!!

Okay Vicers & Vicerettes!!!!:) Here are more pics from the actual show of our DanJ & "Mantrap" (the group that he is with now). I was going through the pics that I still had in my camera & realized that I had not posted these:eek:....let alone saved them onto my computer:rolleyes:.I think I got them all now;):thumbsup:!!!!

post-783-13892963121978_thumb.jpg

post-783-13892963122165_thumb.jpg

post-783-13892963122345_thumb.jpg

post-783-13892963122525_thumb.jpg

post-783-13892963122703_thumb.jpg

Last 4 Pictures (I think:rolleyes:) of "Mantrap" & Our DanJ!!!! Vicers & Vicerettes!!!!....If you HAVE NOT heard this AWESOME band yet, then you are really missing out on a GREAT GROUP!!!! I have searched on their MySpace page & even looked for their music on YOUTUBE!!!! It is really some AWESOME music:radio: that kept this Vicerette dancing for a good portion of the night:D.

post-783-13892963123584_thumb.jpg

post-783-13892963123773_thumb.jpg

post-783-13892963123947_thumb.jpg

When are you and DANJ going to start a group?Him playing' date=' you singing? :dance:[/quote']To answer your question Coop....probably NEVER. I care to much about "Mantrap", DanJ's friendship & the audience in general, to put any of them through the torture of listening to my singing.

To answer your question Coop....probably NEVER. I care to much about "Mantrap"' date=' DanJ's friendship & the audience in general, to put any of them through the torture of listening to my singing.[/quote']I heard a beautiful voice when we were on the video chat.

I heard a beautiful voice when we were on the video chat.

Thank You Cooper:o. I really appreciate the compliment:happy:. I have been told that I have a nice voice on the phone & on the Webcams....now singing....not so much:).

It completely blows my mind, how good some people are on this site, at scoping out scene locations! Do you guys take a portable DVD player with you and the box set, print out pics, or what? If I ever go with, you guys can feed me shooters from Fat Tuesday's and I'll go up to people with the frozen screenshot and say, "Did you know in the pilot episode, Don Johnson stood here where you're sitting right now at this cafe, and smoked a cig while a dude breakdanced on the street? You're a part of frigging history!!!!!"

It completely blows my mind' date=' how good some people are on this site, at scoping out scene locations! Do you guys take a portable DVD player with you and the box set, print out pics, or what? If I ever go with, you guys can feed me shooters from Fat Tuesday's and I'll go up to people with the frozen screenshot and say, "Did you know in the pilot episode, Don Johnson stood here where you're sitting right now at this cafe, and smoked a cig while a dude breakdanced on the street? You're a part of frigging history!!!!!"[/quote']Actually Cagey....I can answer this a little bit for you. Our GUYS MiamiJimF & DanJ actually do take color print outs, of almost anything that they want to look at or find, with them on these weekend trips;).And just an FYI....Fat Tuesday's is in the Grove....but Wet Willie's is on the beach. So it would just be a hop & a skip from there to where the cafe is at:).

Okay Vicers & Vicerettes!!!!.... I wasn't going to do this....but decided what they hay!!!!:).Attached is a pic of me at the same Cafe shop, where Sonny Crockett stood, in the episode "Killshot". The look on my face is HORRENDOUS:eek:....as the coffee was strong and had burned my tongue:p.

post-783-13892963124272_thumb.jpg