"Unrealistic"moments in Vice

widereceiver 88

If u guys must think back on all 5 seasons, were there ever any "unrealistic" moments in one of the episodes that u thought, "wow" ok?One that comes to mind for me is in The Hit List when Rodriquez is on Sonny's boat,where he spots the snipers lens reflection in the sun. For me that building looked miles from the marina. That was a bit "wow", to good to be true. I suppose they had to find a way to end his character in the show.Any other "unrealistic" moments?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• cheetah

• Spyder

• sunnyburnett

• LNGLK

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest myonlyvice

How many times in the series was an aircraft brought down, in a fireball nonetheless, with a shot from a flaregun or a handgun? I count all of these as "wow" moments.

If u guys must think back on all 5 seasons' date=' were there ever any "unrealistic" moments in one of the episodes that u thought, "wow" ok?One that comes to mind for me is in The Hit List when Rodriquez is on Sonny's boat,where he spots the snipers lens reflection in the sun. For me that building looked miles from the marina. That was a bit "wow", to good to be true. I suppose they had to find a way to end his character in the show.Any other "unrealistic" moments?[/quote'] Actually, the reflection of a scope thing does work if the light happens to be right. But, speaking as someone who has shot at airplanes as they tried to take off, and in the air (including with tracer rounds through the gas tank), the shooting with a pistol(and once with a .223 AR15) and turning it into a fireball is bogus. But, like the car off the cliff that spontaneously combusts, Hollywood perpetuats the concept of exploding vehicles.

• Administrators

I always loved the stakeouts in the Ferrari. Nobody would ever notice them in that car! Right?! ;)

Guest myonlyvice

Another thing I find incredible is after a shootout that invariably ends with people killed and often an explosion C&T leave the scene as if nothing happened, even before uniformed cops show up. Sounds more like the tactics of special forces or black ops than metro police detectives.

Any unrealistic moments in MIAMI VICE???Just about every episode has unrealistic moments. :)My favorite unrealistic moments is how Crockett and Tubbs can kill people in nearly every episode, and they are not put on administrative leave pending an investigation. :)

Another thing I find incredible is after a shootout that invariably ends with people killed and often an explosion C&T leave the scene as if nothing happened' date=' even before uniformed cops show up. Sounds more like the tactics of special forces or black ops than metro police detectives.[/quote'] The episode that springs to mind is Victims of Circumstance. Sonny and Rico shoot dead the nurse woman who's killed all the elderly people ready to testify against her father, and they just walk away with the crowd just as the uniforms are showing up -- no preliminary reports, nothing. ?(

Any unrealistic moments in MIAMI VICE???Just about every episode has unrealistic moments. :)My favorite unrealistic moments is how Crockett and Tubbs can kill people in nearly every episode' date=' and they are not put on administrative leave pending an investigation. :)[/quote'] Or all the times that Crockett flips out in front of Castillo or any random IA officer, and he's never suspended or anything. :)

Yeah, especially in One Eyed Jack when Castillo make his debut as O.C.B.Lt. when Crockett flips and tells him "If you think i'm going to sit behind a desk, you're dreaming", then storms out of the office.Another one is in When Irish Eyes are Crying when Eddie Kaye blows up Sonny's Ferrari with the rocket launcher, you see him fire and next thing the Daytona blows up, no missile or smoke trail leaving the launcher. The car must have been rigged, remember Sonny's facial expression afterwards?

I think everything fictional that appears on a TV Screen has some sort of unrealistic elements, Hollywood cuts together things that wouldn't never happen in real life such as the rocket launcher thing that widereceiver 88 mentioned.If you think about it, every episode is unrealistic somewhere, notice that somehow all the rolling around and gunfights had yet to take effect on the main characters clothes, in real life if a Vice cop wore a white blazer and had gone through so many shoot-outs as they did on Vice the clothes would have been torn, bullet-riddled, covered in dirt and blood, they would have to be replaced almost every other case if they encountered as many gunfights, notice after firing off many, many shots that Crockett never really has to load his gun and neither does Tubbs, why is Vice brought in to almost every high-profile crime in Miami despite some of them not having anything to do with Vice, there are a lot more things to point out on Vice.But if I can point out one thing that is really pushing it in terms of reality, it's the Missing Hours episode from Season 4, some goofy government plot and UFOs? Come on.

The episode that springs to mind is Victims of Circumstance. Sonny and Rico shoot dead the nurse woman who's killed all the elderly people ready to testify against her father' date=' and they just walk away with the crowd just as the uniforms are showing up -- no preliminary reports, nothing. ?([/quote'] Wasn't the woman killed by another guy (who wanted to take revenge for his family), while Sonny and Rico arrested her? ?(

For me the biggest "wow" through the five series is that none of the crooks realised that Sonny and Rico were police. As mentioned, the Ferrari was hardly inconspicuous being driven by a handsomely conspicuous man called Sonny (Crockett or Burnett depending on how you knew him). Didn't any of the crooks stay alive long enough after the end of an episode to pass on the info "hey, you know that guy in the Ferrari ..."Another "wow" is that Trudy & Gina were always posing as hookers yet were never approached by any man on the street unless a) it was a cast member pretending to be a client OR b) it was a sting operation so the girls weren't in any danger [i'm discounting the episode where that slimeball attacked Gina as it was a major part of that week's plot].

Wasn't the woman killed by another guy (who wanted to take revenge for his family)' date=' while Sonny and Rico arrested her? ?([/quote'] Yes that is true, you are right, but C&T still just walk away like anything hardly happened! :p

Burnett and Cooper were Miami's best kept secret, it seems! Nobody ever figured it out, except Frank Zappa. :)When it came to everyone's covers, I found it unbelievable how everyone at OCB would remain undercover even during assignments that didn't require it. The team'd be hiding in the bushes somewhere with a SWAT backup, and Gina and Trudy will still be wearing their hooker outfits! I think Stan and Larry were the only two who came off unassuming and ordinary enough to fool people they were police.

Actually' date=' the reflection of a scope thing does work if the light happens to be right. But, speaking as someone who has shot at airplanes as they tried to take off, and in the air (including with tracer rounds through the gas tank), the shooting with a pistol(and once with a .223 AR15) and turning it into a fireball is bogus. But, like the car off the cliff that spontaneously combusts, Hollywood perpetuats the concept of exploding vehicles.[/quote'] Very interesting perspective, jurassic narc. One thing about the scene where Rodriguez is shot that has always bothered me is the sound after the shot is made is that of bullet hitting metal so I first thought the sniper missed. Then we learned he is hit. I could not see where he would have been hit and then the bullet subsequently hitting any metal object. Anyone get that?

Very interesting perspective' date=' jurassic narc. One thing about the scene where Rodriguez is shot that has always bothered me is the sound after the shot is made is that of bullet hitting metal so I first thought the sniper missed. Then we learned he is hit. I could not see where he would have been hit and then the bullet subsequently hitting any metal object. Anyone get that?[/quote'] I always thought that the bullet hit something of metal on the boat close by Sonny first and then hit Rodriguez.

Yes that is true' date=' you are right, but C&T still just walk away like anything hardly happened! :p[/quote'] :)Actually there's one more thing in this ep that felt a bit "unrealistic" to me - it's when Crockett shot the running killer without much hesitation, though he wasn't actually a "bad guy" (just a "victim of circumstances"). I mean "unrealistic" not from a technical point of view, but rather concerning Crockett's character - I think he would normally feel sorry for the guy and wouldn't want to kill him even if he had to. (Not to mention possible "administrative leave" and all that). But I think I've discussed it somewhere already... ?(

:)Actually there's one more thing in this ep that felt a bit "unrealistic" to me - it's when Crockett shot the running killer without much hesitation' date=' though he wasn't actually a "bad guy" (just a "victim of circumstances"). I mean "unrealistic" not from a technical point of view, but rather concerning Crockett's character - I think he would normally feel sorry for the guy and wouldn't want to kill him even if he had to. (Not to mention possible "administrative leave" and all that). But I think I've discussed it somewhere already... ?([/quote'] One explanation could be that everyone tended to act out of character in Season 5. Maybe it's something the writers (or DJ) wouldn't let Crockett do a few years earlier.

For me the biggest "wow" through the five series is that none of the crooks realised that Sonny and Rico were police. As mentioned' date=' the Ferrari was hardly inconspicuous being driven by a handsomely conspicuous man called Sonny (Crockett or Burnett depending on how you knew him). Didn't any of the crooks stay alive long enough after the end of an episode to pass on the info "hey, you know that guy in the Ferrari ..."[/quote'] This has been bothering me a lot too. I would like to have Jurassic narc's opinion on it. :)

One more thing that confuses me in many American movies an shows, not only MV, is how people get in other people's homes so freely. For example, I just rewatched "Bought and Paid For": in the end the rapist comes into Gine's house in the night, while she's asleep. Luckily she woke up and shot him, but... do you folks really keep your doors unlocked all the time? ?(

One more thing that confuses me in many American movies an shows' date=' not only MV, is how people get in other people's homes so freely. For example, I just rewatched "Bought and Paid For": in the end the rapist comes into Gine's house in the night, while she's asleep. Luckily she woke up and shot him, but... do you folks really keep your doors unlocked all the time? ?([/quote'] Especially in episodes like Shadow in the Dark, where they even explain how the prowler removes the sliding glass doors off their tracks. These are million-dollar homes he's breaking into, and they have no security or alarm systems of any kind?? ?(

• Administrators
One more thing that confuses me in many American movies an shows' date=' not only MV, is how people get in other people's homes so freely. For example, I just rewatched "Bought and Paid For": in the end the rapist comes into Gine's house in the night, while she's asleep. Luckily she woke up and shot him, but... do you folks really keep your doors unlocked all the time? ?([/quote']I think Gina was hoping Arroyo would come after her. Maybe she even left the door unlocked in anticipation?to answer your question Cheetah, no we don't leave our doors unlocked. ;)

This is not a true unrealistic moment, but have you noticed that in Brother's Keeper when Crockett gets ready for going to court he asks Tubbs to feed Elvis and grabs a fish.Then, with the same hand, he grabs his blazer and leaves the St. Vitus... without washing the hands! :):sick:

This is not a true unrealistic moment' date=' but have you noticed that in Brother's Keeper when Crockett gets ready for going to court he asks Tubbs to feed Elvis and grabs a fish.Then, with the same hand, he grabs his blazer and leaves the St. Vitus... without washing the hands! :):sick:[/quote']EEEEWWWWWWW!!!!!:sick::p

This is not a true unrealistic moment' date=' but have you noticed that in Brother's Keeper when Crockett gets ready for going to court he asks Tubbs to feed Elvis and grabs a fish.Then, with the same hand, he grabs his blazer and leaves the St. Vitus... without washing the hands! :):sick:[/quote'] Maybe he has some hand sanitizer in the Ferrari. :)I liked Elvis; having a pet alligator may very well have been the most unrealistic element of the series. It's too bad he was slowly phased out over the years. In Season 1, he was around almost every episode, it seemed.I'd imagine with the long lifespan of amphibians, the actor who played Elvis :D would still be alive today.