"Unrealistic"moments in Vice

widereceiver 88

when Crockett gets ready for going to court he asks Tubbs to feed Elvis and grabs a fish.Then' date=' with the same hand, he grabs his blazer and leaves the St. Vitus... without washing the hands! :):sick:[/quote']
Maybe he has some hand sanitizer in the Ferrari. :).
Maybe he had sanitized the fish beforehand? :D:D:D

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• cheetah

• Spyder

• sunnyburnett

• LNGLK

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is not a true unrealistic moment' date=' but have you noticed that in Brother's Keeper when Crockett gets ready for going to court he asks Tubbs to feed Elvis and grabs a fish.Then, with the same hand, he grabs his blazer and leaves the St. Vitus... without washing the hands! :):sick:[/quote'] Maybe he thought it would help him to catch a 'big fish' :D

He may be accustomed to the fish smell becausea) There is always fish for Elvis on his boat (and Miami has hot weather :D)b) His alligator smells of fish :DPS. Who has ever sniffed an alligator? What does it smell like?! :D

• 3 weeks later...

Maybe someone posted this question before... but I don't really get how Valerie got away with murder in "The Rites of Passage". ?( In the end she tells Crockett "read me my rights", and right in the next episode she is "sipping cocktails with Rico in Manhattan". I don't blame her for killing those bastards, but it seems soooooo unreal that she could get away with that. I suppose it must be very hard to prove shooting in self-defense... she just came to a citizen's house with a gun, but without a warrant or anything... looks more like they were defending themselves, not she.

Maybe someone posted this question before... but I don't really get how Valerie got away with murder in "The Rites of Passage". ?( In the end she tells Crockett "read me my rights"' date=' and right in the next episode she is "sipping cocktails with Rico in Manhattan". I don't blame her for killing those bastards, but it seems soooooo unreal that she could get away with that. I suppose it must be very hard to prove shooting in self-defense... she just came to a citizen's house with a gun, but without a warrant or anything... looks more like they were defending themselves, not she.[/quote']My guess is Tubbs and Crockett's testimonies omitted some parts of what happened, and stated that she killed in self defense. Then she got off with probation.

Could be... I didn't think of that. Though there's still a guestion - what the hell did she come to that house for anyway? LOL She didn't really have any business there. But maybe they (I mean she, Tubbs and Crockett) cooked up some believable story, I don't know...

Could be... I didn't think of that. Though there's still a guestion - what the hell did she come to that house for anyway? LOL She didn't really have any business there. But maybe they (I mean she' date=' Tubbs and Crockett) cooked up some believable story, I don't know...[/quote'] She says they (Turturro's gang) threatened her, or took her hostage. Who's gonna witness otherwise? (that happens to be another "realistic" aspect of this series)

My guess is Tubbs and Crockett's testimonies omitted some parts of what happened' date=' and stated that she killed in self defense. Then she got off with probation.[/quote'] I'd venture the same for Sonny after the Burnett memory loss debacle. Why he and Valerie, both police officers, weren't fired or prosecuted for killing those people seems far fetched, but if you've got good testimony to back you up, then maybe ...

• 3 weeks later...

Crockett gave Castillo an order.I thought it was unrealistic how Crockett gave Castillo and order towards the end "The Home Invaders". When Crockett received that that he and Castillo were at the wrong house he told Castillo to "Move it".

I thought it was unrealistic how Crockett gave Castillo and order towards the end "The Home Invaders". When Crockett received that that he and Castillo were at the wrong house he told Castillo to "Move it".

Sounds like that line was dubbed in afterwards, too, offscreen, implying that it wasn't originally in the script for Crockett to yell at Castillo like that.

I agree in one thing others have mentioned before: It´s very unrealistic that there was no one who betrayed to other gangsters that Burnett and Crockett are the same man and that he´s a policeman.Many gangsters, who escaped, knew about Sonny´s and Rico´s identity. For example: Vanessa (Great Mc Carthy), Max Rogo (the same ep), and Curtis Walker (The Good Collar)... only to mention some of them.

Speaking about afterwards dubbed moments, who can forget the king of them all:"Hold me, Rico" at the end of the Prodigal Son. That was so obviously dubbed later on it almost made me sick. Great episode though.

Maybe he has some hand sanitizer in the Ferrari. :)I liked Elvis; having a pet alligator may very well have been the most unrealistic element of the series. It's too bad he was slowly phased out over the years. In Season 1' date=' he was around almost every episode, it seemed.[/quote']When was the last episode Elvis was seen (or heard of)?

Any unrealistic moments in MIAMI VICE???Just about every episode has unrealistic moments. :)My favorite unrealistic moments is how Crockett and Tubbs can kill people in nearly every episode' date=' and they are not put on administrative leave pending an investigation. :)[/quote'] But when Trudy killed the guy in the alley it was a huge deal....was sad, had to take time off, IAB, Etc. Crockett and Tubbs kill 10 people a week and no big deal. hahahahaha

Funny thread. :DThe white light from the sky was pretty far-fetched in "Missing Hours" .:D

That whole episode was terrible.....exactly were MV turned the corner of a hit show to WTF is this?

Unrealistic moment' date=' seen in various episodes: Gina and Trudy on stakeouts or running and shooting with purses swinging from their shoulders. ?([/quote'] hahahahaha I always noticed that. Like when they were undercover and had to chase after their instructor who was selling the coke "It's snowing in Miami"....they looked so slow and stupid with a long purse hanging from their shoulder.

• Administrators

When was the last episode Elvis was seen (or heard of)?

Can't recall "seen" but heard of was in season 4, in Love at First Sight, in the dating video Sonny made he mentions he lives on a sail boat with his pet alligator Elvis.

• Administrators

I always found it unrealistic how the "under covers" mainly C&T but also Gina and Trudy as well would be in on a "take down". Much less in their normal attire.One would think the under cover's job is to work the case and gather the evidence needed to get a solid case for conviction. Once done, the swat team guys and uniformed police would do the take down with the under covers out of the picture.None of the bad guys ever noticed any of the "team" at the crime scene? Or spotted them behind the "police line" on TV in the news???