"Unrealistic"moments in Vice

widereceiver 88

Speaking about afterwards dubbed moments' date=' who can forget the king of them all:"Hold me, Rico" at the end of the Prodigal Son. That was so obviously dubbed later on it almost made me sick. Great episode though.[/quote'] Thought the dubbed line was "Stay with me Rico" towards the end of that episode. ?(Have to rewatch that again soon.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• cheetah

• Spyder

• sunnyburnett

• LNGLK

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thought the dubbed line was "Stay with me Rico" towards the end of that episode. ?(Have rewatch that again soon.

Yeah, it could've been that too. I haven't watched Vice in a while so my memory could be playing tiny tricks on me.

When Tubbs grew the beard and Crockett had the long hair. The fourth and fifth season they looked old and forced. They didn't look like the "players" they did during the first two seasons. How did they fit in with rich drug dealers with Crockett sporting long hair and wearing jeans and a leather jacket or Tubbs walking around with that beard looking like a school teacher or parent?

Long hair, especially mullets were fashionable at that time (I was the right age then to notice that :)) but at the end of the decade they were going out of fashion. It really strikes me now when I watch MV that DJ was sporting a mullet in 1989 when it was already a bit out whereas in the third series he had such short, spiky hair - just exactly when long hair was in!

Long hair' date=' especially mullets were fashionable at that time (I was the right age then to notice that :)) but at the end of the decade they were going out of fashion. It really strikes me now when I watch MV that DJ was sporting a mullet in 1989 when it was already a bit out whereas in the third series he had such short, spiky hair - just exactly when long hair was in![/quote'] Vice set the fashion trends in its first two years, but instead of remaining a trendsetter, began to follow the very fashions it spawned until it was behind itself by the last two seasons.I bet an additional, sixth season would've seen more of Season 5's looks: Sonny with jeans/long hair, Rico with lots of polka dots and weird patterns.

to look taller? :rolleyes:

That's a good one! Being not very tall myself, I haven't thought about that! All these attempts to look and seem taller sound ridiculous to me. DJ isn't so short, for G.'s sake! He isn't another Danny de Vito!

All these attempts to look and seem taller sound ridiculous to me. DJ isn't so short' date=' for G.'s sake! He isn't another Danny de Vito![/quote']My thought exactly! It could be that a man is just tall without a good looking body, but DJ was tall AND had a great body shape, so I don't see any reason to not be satisfied with what he had.

Well, I don't know about "tall", perhaps it was more like an "average height"... but I definitely wouldn't call him short. As for the body (and aren't we forgetting about his face here? :p) - this is just beyond anything I could express with words. LOL

As for the body (and aren't we forgetting about his face here? :p) - this is just beyond anything I could express with words. LOL

Cheetah!!! :) :) :)Maybe DROP DEAD GORGEOUS? ;)DJ's body was extremely well shaped. It's not a matter of improving it with workouts, it's about the main shape and the proportions.Not many men are given such a shape; I've seen some male models wearing underwear only (:o), they were fit but didn't have such a great shape. Nobody has the perfect body, someone though gets close to perfection!

Cheetah!!! :) :) :)Maybe DROP DEAD GORGEOUS? ;)

Oh yes, something like this! :thumbsup::)I suppose with the face like his he would pass even with not-so-perfect body... but he just got EVERYTHING! I remember myself thinking once: "Damn, this man is so beautiful that it almost hurts to look at him..."

And one more observation: it seems that we are heading for a HUGE "off-top" here... :D
No dorogaya cheetah' date=' just the contrary! It's simply [b']unrealistic to be so drop dead gorgeous! :hot::p

The end of "the rights of passage" got me too, I was like well that's the end of Pam Grier's character and then she shows up like nothing happened in "The Prodigal Son" suspension/probation idea not withstanding.Plus Crockett's partner showing up as a different character in that very episode, I mean yeah they did that for Izzy but it's Izzy and he wasnt anywhere near as central to the set up of the show itself as Crockett's partner. I mean after all his betrayal is what emotionally set up one of the most memorabile scenes of the shows history and tv history for that mater so his apperance was one of the biggest wtf is this **** ever for me, I mean if your going to use him, use him to continue that storyline (and maybe go into what happened to his family afterwards) not just stuff him in a minor speaking part just for the hell of it.literally keeping the same cover and name for 5 years and having no one catch on for the most part is another one for meI mean atleast change your name and move to another marina once in awhile. Then theres white ferrari, yeah no ones going to notice a 6 foot wide hairblower sitting there with 2 guys watching people in it, atleast with the daytona you could miss it on first glance if it was parked under a tree, you'd have to be blind to miss the testarossa thought.

The end of "the rights of passage" got me too, I was like well that's the end of Pam Grier's character and then she shows up like nothing happened in "The Prodigal Son" suspension/probation idea not withstanding.Didn't she say something about having to go to Vice after all that went down in Miami while she was dancing with Tubbs?Plus Crockett's partner showing up as a different character in that very episode, I mean yeah they did that for Izzy but it's Izzy and he wasnt anywhere near as central to the set up of the show itself as Crockett's partner. I don't remember this. I need to go back and take a look. Izzy was funny in the pilot, but wish he wasn't in....just to keep it real later. hahahaha I mean if your going to use him, use him to continue that storyline (and maybe go into what happened to his family afterwards) not just stuff him in a minor speaking part just for the hell of it.Where was he in The Prodigal Son?literally keeping the same cover and name for 5 years and having no one catch on for the most part is another one for meI mean atleast change your name and move to another marina once in awhile. True. They didn't even fit in with the "players" any more after the 3rd season.....Crockett with dark colors, jeans, leather jacket and long hair. Tubbs with a beard....WTF?Then theres white ferrari, yeah no ones going to notice a 6 foot wide hairblower sitting there with 2 guys watching people in it, atleast with the daytona you could miss it on first glance if it was parked under a tree, you'd have to be blind to miss the testarossa thought. Never liked the Testarossa.....and it stands out like crazy. I wonder why they didn't use a convertible Testarossa?

For something like that she should have had to turn in her badge, it wasnt like she missed some serious paperwork or screwed up a case or two, she killed them for revenge and even if they had covered for here someone would have connected the dots and fired her, or even sent her to prison.with his partner he shows up at the 7 minute mark:and they never made an official spyder version of the testarossa, they were all customs and it wouldnt of looked anywhere near as good as the daytona. frankly they should have kept it painted black and just upped the contrast for the nightscenes like they did in this chase to see the badguys cuda and corvette anyways.

and my only problem with the testarossa was how flat the bumper is on the front, it literally sits at a 90* degree angle which makes the car seem a hell of a lot more boxy from the front, while from every other angle it looks greatEingefügtes Bildwhere as the 512 bb (its forerunner) and random 308's had a bumper with a 60 degree angle that looked great on it Eingefügtes Bildhell rockstar fixed it for GTA SA so it was the reverse of what it was on the 512bb and it came out great!http://www.igcd.net/vehicle.php?id=1427&width=1024http://www.igcd.net/vehicle.php?id=1427&width=1024Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes Bild

post-592-13892963196819_thumb.jpg

Any of the weirdness is season 3, seriiously the part that bugs me the most(as the whole series is fairly unrealistic but good anyway) is in the Episode w/ Willy Nelson where the assassin in the van has a LaFrank M16 mounted on a tripod, and if that wasnt enough he dumps hundreds of rounds at Crockets Spyder(in season three where he had a different ferrari and then had his old on again, though I know why)at point blank range and misses everything including their carI think that bugs me the mostAnother thing is how they reuse characters in multiple rolls, some are always 'anonymous henchmen' but a few are major episodic players, like Izzy, first hes a cross dressing assassin and dies IIRC then he becomes a minor rat, now I love Izzy, but that bothered me

Bren 10,I agree with you about that scene being way over the top.When I watched the episode for the first time this scene came off to me as very exaggerated.Seriously,it's kind of hurts realism when you see all this bullets being fired yet nobody gets injured .But in my view El Viejo is otherwise a top notch episode so I put up with that minor flaw.

If I remember correctly it was based off of an actual event where some DA or prosocutor nearly got shot off the road by a couple of thugs in a van barely surviving it and that occured around the time period the show was being made.bet he wishes he had the daytona inplace of his buick thought.

the end of 'everybody's in showbusiness' always bothered me. the shoot out at the crematorium just doesn't seem real. can't put my finger on it, but there's smething fake about it