• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• COOPER&BURNETT

• Tony D.

• Ferrariman

• Mr. Calderon

But it's not my call....I am only a moderator for the DVD Reviews. I can only lock & unlock the episodes.I can ask the Admin.

But it's not my call....I am only a moderator for the DVD Reviews. I can only lock & unlock the episodes.I can ask the Admin.

If you become an Admin, it would be your call, and you can do it for me, then direct people by email to visit the scrapbook section on .WS!

We must have bored everyone on here....they're all gone! :rolleyes::D

Well, you kinda brought this thread down Tony....

If I were an Admin. there, I would respect your wishes & delete your scrapbook, but it would be treason to tell people to come here to see your scrapbook.That doesn't seem right!

Well' date=' you kinda brought this thread down Tony....[/quote']It became an informative thread for newbies in a public PM. ;)

I got to watch Jay Leno.....I'll let you know what .org Admin. says about the scrapbook' date=' Coop.[/quote']No, I want YOU to do it when you become the Admin over there being you would have the power to do it, and you agree that it should be taken down if I feel it should.

We've recomended new fans to look in here on .ws for info that was not available on .org Tony D.
Lou....no there is no PM feature available' date=' but I used e-mail to direct the person here. Tiffany was in agreement with that' date=' by the way.[/quote'']
If I were an Admin. there' date=' I would respect your wishes & delete your scrapbook, but it would be treason to tell people to come here to see your scrapbook.That doesn't seem right![/quote']Why not? You've directed people over here before when something wasn't available over there.Help me to understand Tony.

May I take up on a point which was made several pages ago? I agree with the member who said we ought to start a Facebook page so people come to this site. Especially with all the hype regarding DJ's recent appearance on the Nike advert, MV is likely to be in the forefront of people's thoughts. I'm happy to set one up if I can or I'm happy to "make friends" with another member if they do it. This is the ideal time to be looking to the future ... and to get ahead on google ;-)

Can we go back to the celebrating part guys? ;)What pisses me off, if you google Miami Vice (at least here in the NL) .org will be displayed at an earlier stage than .ws basically meaning that too many people would first join .org instead of this site and it will take them a longer time to find out that .org is a ghosttown, and here is where the action is. Like I said, there are no reactions at all to Don´s brief return as Sonny!! 5 years ago, 10 pages would have been filled with celebration and actionsteps would have been taken. Imagine the contrast.Tony, as far as I can judge, has always been the type for harmony and not war. I salute that, and I dont think he should be judged for having friends elsewhere. besides, I think mostly what he wants to do is write and read about his passion: Vice. I just hope he will do a better job as an admin than the current ones ;)That being said, Tony knows exactly what Lou has been through, so he should also understand that there is no love lost between .org and him. Since Lou is our godfather of first .org and now thankfully .ws (imagine what would have happened if Lou quit completely after .org! We wouldnt have had this website to discuss) all our members completely support this thread and celebrate, especially the members that have been around for a long time and actively saw the switch made.Anyways, I didnt get an answer to my question 3 pages a go: will we ever get the jukebox back, like it was in the old vice? I know .org promised this ages ago and never came through, but is it feasible for .ws?

• Administrators
Anyways' date=' I didnt get an answer to my question 3 pages a go: will we ever get the jukebox back, like it was in the old vice? I know .org promised this ages ago and never came through, but is it feasible for .ws?[/quote']We didn't forget Menno (great to hear from you by the way!) The jukebox, sad to say, is simply not allowed by German copyright laws. We had discussed the possibility of it and tried every way we could think of to make it work but the chances of heavy fines and most likely a shut down of the site are not worth taking the chance.I don't know how Randolph originally got around it. Perhaps Dutch laws are different and it was permitted.The only shot we had to run the jukebox would be to have that feature hosted by a server where those laws wouldn't apply. This would mean handing it to someone in another country. Something our site owner understandably is not willing to do. That's another great thing about this site. Everything is on one server and it is not shared with anyone else!I can tell you this though that we do own the jukebox. We have it and if the day ever comes where we can find a way to make it work, we will!!Sorry Menno, believe me, we tried!

We should recruit more fans. The site is hard to find and hard to figure out the value at first.Couple of ideas:*Have a Facebook presence. Key is to have a few members post once a day relevant content (Updates from the scrapbook' date=' tidbits, polls, etc.) QUOTE']Jongarci, there are some .ws members on Facebook and most of us are linked to the real pages of Saundra and Olivia, along with the unlikely-to-be-real DJ's page. It would be great to get "the full set" of cast members so they're linked onwards to this site. The more traffic going to a facebook page would help .ws rising in the search engines' listings. You only need snippets posted to the wall to whet people's appetites so they visit the site to read more .. then, like the rest of us, they'll be hooked!!

Thanks Lou,A real shame, but I understand. i suppose the laws for music of course are different now than say 5-6 years ago. But at least it is comforting to know that the future of this site is in good hands! Keep up the fantastic work.

No' date=' I want YOU to do it when you become the Admin over there being you would have the power to do it, and you agree that it should be taken down if I feel it should.[/quote']I'm NOT going to be an Administrator on .org! I don't have the time, besides I thought the Admin. is also an owner. I also don't have the computer knowledge to run & fix a site.

QUOTE=COOPER&BURNETT;165507]Why not? You've directed people over here before when something wasn't available over there.Help me to understand Tony.It's one thing to tell a fellow member to find info on .ws (about Miami Vice locations, since they were going to Miami) or check a thread about the upcoming MV Convention......... and telling newbies, as an Admin. that our website no longer has a Scrapbook Section and to leave .org. & join another website where the author of the Scrapbook Section is an Admin. That would be like being a traitor to .org & as I've indicated in the past, I want to be friends with everyone,( on .org & on .ws), so it wouldn't be the right thing to do.I wouldn't tell anyone on .ws to leave here & join .org because there are some interesting threads or fans who go there & not here. As I said, if you want your Scrapbook Section deleted, I'll tell .org Admin. & let them decide.

We didn't forget Menno (great to hear from you by the way!) The jukebox' date=' sad to say, is simply not allowed by German copyright laws. We had discussed the possibility of it and tried every way we could think of to make it work but the chances of heavy fines and most likely a shut down of the site are not worth taking the chance.I don't know how Randolph originally got around it. Perhaps Dutch laws are different and it was permitted.The only shot we had to run the jukebox would be to have that feature hosted by a server where those laws wouldn't apply. This would mean handing it to someone in another country. Something our site owner understandably is not willing to do. That's another great thing about this site. Everything is on one server and it is not shared with anyone else!I can tell you this though that we do own the jukebox. We have it and if the day ever comes where we can find a way to make it work, we will!!Sorry Menno, believe me, we tried![/quote']___________________________________________________________.Org is still hoping to restore the music jukebox from all the episodes, but it can't be done until the website is fixed, which may never happen........but that's one of the reasons I stay there.........to enjoy benefits from both sites, like we did with Desert Jo's - Wildhorse site. That's a real Ghost town, by the way.The Admin. on .org have been cordial to newbies & to sincere former members who visit there. The Spammers are deleted.I can't just quit .org because the Admin. hasn't wronged me and I don't want to leave them with no one to help out.I'm not against any website, but as Menno said, I want to be able to get the most out of Miami Vice from both sites.If we want a MV Reunion, there may be someone on .org who has the connections.

Thanks Lou' date='A real shame, but I understand. i suppose the laws for music of course are different now than say 5-6 years ago. But at least it is comforting to know that the future of this site is in good hands! Keep up the fantastic work.[/quote'] Menno - pick out your favorite season, round up a few volunteers (you'll at least get me), and we'll go through the episode list and find the songs on YouTube & stick 'em in a playlist.P.S., check this out - somebody already got started on S.4.

Pick out your favourite season is like picking your favourite child. Impossible ;) But since I dont have any children just yet, i would go for seasons 1 and 3 music wise. Good idea getting the youtube links out.Tony, I heared from .org for years that they want to do the jukebox thing. It sounds a bit utopic from them (especially since Lou has the jukebox in possesion) but lets hope for the best.

• Administrators
Tony' date=' I heared from .org for years that they want to do the jukebox thing. It sounds a bit utopic from them (especially since Lou has the jukebox in possesion) but lets hope for the best.[/quote']Quite right Menno! Tony, do you remember back when I was contacted by Lavin? He had much of .org's stuff stored on his servers, among them the jukebox. He had been unable to contact Randolph (big surprise) so he contacted me to find out what to do with the stuff. When I finally made contact both Randolph & martijn said they'd never heard of lavin! To make matters even worse martijn put his foot in his mouth by calling lavin a liar and some other choice names on the open forum! The end result? Lavin confirmed my side of the story and because of the insults, chose to give everything to us! So yeah Tony, good luck with him restoring the jukebox, ain't gonna happen!

I don't have to leave this site to what others' are trying to do and how 'bad' it is anywhere else. I'm happy here. This is the only VICE site I care about and I visit EVERYday. It's all YOU who make this site what it is. I know the grass is not greener elsewhere and have no reason to look. I wonder what took so long for others to find the BEST site of all ?(. That said, its great to have you all here and be part of what is a big part of my life, past and present. Mike

* SEO optimize the content so it can rank better: if you type miami vice online now' date=' we appear in page 3 or 4. The content of the site is blocked if you are not a member which hurts indexing.With the quality of the content here, it won't be hard to recruit new people.[/quote'] Hear, hear.Do you know about how to SEO? I browsed around for it, but I only found ad/IT businesses for hire, no do-it-yourself stuff.Dave

Pick out your favourite season is like picking your favourite child. Impossible ;) But since I dont have any children just yet' date=' i would go for seasons 1 and 3 music wise. Good idea getting the youtube links out.Tony, I heared from .org for years that they want to do the jukebox thing. It sounds a bit utopic from them (especially since Lou has the jukebox in possesion) but lets hope for the best.[/quote'] I p.m.'d ya.I just remember all the work that E.lla did on getting the photos back up, that was a Herculean effort. Where has that girl been?