.WS OVERTAKES .ORG !!

COOPER&BURNETT

I'm doing my part by posting the websites address all over youtube!Post it anywhere a MIAMI VICE video is' date=' and anything that is related.MILLIONS of people got there, and many people have viewed my messages.[/quote']I took the liberty to copy your message (cutting out the "from my collection" part, of course) onto http://www.facebook.com/pages/Miami-Vice/8882845892. Perhaps at least some of its 33K members will decide to join us here. :D

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• COOPER&BURNETT

• Tony D.

• Ferrariman

• Mr. Calderon

Official soundtrack to this thread1.

from the Magnificent Seven2. [Add your songs below]Eingefügtes BildHere's some cowboy wisdom as a bonus•When you give a personal lesson in meanness to a critter or to a person, don't be surprised if they learn their lesson.•Generally, you ain't learnin' nothing when your mouth's a-jawin'.•The easiest way to eat crow is while it's still warm.The colder it gets, the harder it is to swaller.•Talk slowly, think quickly•Always drink upstream from the herd.

(...)we ought to start a Facebook page so people come to this site. Especially with all the hype regarding DJ's recent appearance on the Nike advert' date=' MV is likely to be in the forefront of people's thoughts. I'm happy to set one up if I can or I'm happy to "make friends" with another member if they do it. This is the ideal time to be looking to the future ... and to get ahead on google ;-)[/quote']Let's do it! Some MV Facebook fan pages attract thousands of visitors but those people do not post much - at least not as much as we do here :p. We might try and set up a new "quality" one, advertise this site and publish there something more than those people do, trying to make our page "dynamic" and attractive to newbies...

there are some .ws members on Facebook and most of us are linked to the real pages of Saundra and Olivia' date=' along with the unlikely-to-be-real DJ's page.[/quote']Let's not forget Phanie "Angelina" Napoli! Being shy by nature, I haven't asked either Saundra or Olivia to add me. One day I got an invitation from Phanie, though - perhaps because I used to post a bit on two or three MV Facebook fan pages. It was a very nice surprise!
It would be great to get "the full set" of cast members so they're linked onwards to this site.
Yes, it's a fantastic idea!

• Administrators
Hear' date=' hear.Do you know about how to SEO? I browsed around for it, but I only found ad/IT businesses for hire, no do-it-yourself stuff.Dave[/quote']This software has a built in SEO but it is my understanding it takes some time to build up the hits.

Im sorry fellas, im not here to fight about .ws or .argh but just to remember....Simply...we couldnt discuss any topics about DJ without a shoot out around the site. They need attention, they need love probably, they needed to get noticed, they needed get laid. But hell, MV was the reason of being there, not them. And later, when we thought everything was fixed, some wolves wearing lamb furs, took over the site, kicked Ferrariman away, and here we are! Much better than them!Again...i dont forget the past, but again...who cares about them? Lets go ahead!And please, when i read about this love about .argh, sometimes i think we would merge with them tomorrow.ARRRRRRRRRGH!At least, everybody is talking about anything here...free speech i used to say time ago. But above all things: respect to the show.

May I take up on a point which was made several pages ago? I agree with the member who said we ought to start a Facebook page so people come to this site. Especially with all the hype regarding DJ's recent appearance on the Nike advert' date=' MV is likely to be in the forefront of people's thoughts. I'm happy to set one up if I can or I'm happy to "make friends" with another member if they do it. This is the ideal time to be looking to the future ... and to get ahead on google ;-)[/quote'] As Castillo would say, "DO IT."

I don't have to leave this site to what others' are trying to do and how 'bad' it is anywhere else. I'm happy here. This is the only VICE site I care about and I visit EVERYday. It's all YOU who make this site what it is. I know the grass is not greener elsewhere and have no reason to look. I wonder what took so long for others to find the BEST site of all ?(. That said' date=' its great to have you all here and be part of what is a big part of my life, past and present. Mike[/quote'] And Mike, just think of all the neat stuff I still have planned for the Scrapbook section that I still haven't posted yet!! :thumbsup:Good stuff is a comm'in! ;)And, ........only on .WS.

from the Magnificent Seven2. [Add your songs below]Eingefügtes BildHere's some cowboy wisdom as a bonus•When you give a personal lesson in meanness to a critter or to a person' date=' don't be surprised if they learn their lesson.•Generally, you ain't learnin' nothing when your mouth's a-jawin'.•The easiest way to eat crow is while it's still warm.The colder it gets, the harder it is to swaller.•Talk slowly, think quickly•Always drink upstream from the herd.[/quote'] EXCELLENT!! :clap:STANDING "O"!

Eingefügtes Bild- Did you hear that, Sonny? It's official, .ws has got more members than .org!- Well, you just got to learn to go with the heat, Rico, it's just like life. You just gotta keep telling yourself, no matter how hot it gets, sooner or later there's a cool breeze coming in. And it came!

• Administrators
[I">

- Did you hear that' date=' Sonny? It's official, .ws has got more members than .org!- Well, you just got to learn to go with the heat, Rico, it's just like life. You just gotta keep telling yourself, no matter how hot it gets, sooner or later there's a cool breeze coming in. And it came![/i']

Now that's cool! :thumbsup:

May I take up on a point which was made several pages ago? I agree with the member who said we ought to start a Facebook page so people come to this site. Especially with all the hype regarding DJ's recent appearance on the Nike advert' date=' MV is likely to be in the forefront of people's thoughts. I'm happy to set one up if I can or I'm happy to "make friends" with another member if they do it. This is the ideal time to be looking to the future ... and to get ahead on google ;-)[/quote']
As Castillo would say' date=' "DO IT."
Eingefügtes Bild

[I">

- Did you hear that' date=' Sonny? It's official, .ws has got more members than .org!- Well, you just got to learn to go with the heat, Rico, it's just like life. You just gotta keep telling yourself, no matter how hot it gets, sooner or later there's a cool breeze coming in. And it came![/i']

:clap::clap::clap:

This software has a built in SEO but it is my understanding it takes some time to build up the hits.

I don't know the details on how vBulletin works (that is what powers this site) but you basically need to look at a couple of thing to rank high on Google:* Content must be accessible for crawling (otherwise google can't properly index the site)* page title should reflect the content of the page* content of the page should be structured with h1/h2/h3* site should be updated frequently* backlinks (from facebook' date=' other sites, etc.) helps a lot tooYour goal is when somebody types "Miami Vice" in google, this site should rank in the top 5 results on the first page (right now it is on page 2 - not great)Congrats on the person creating a Facebook fan page. It is a great way to build a community and link back to the site. For the facebook page to work best :* The admin of the facebook page should update it regularly with teaser content about the siteEx: coop posts new pics in his scrapbook, that is a great thing to advertiseEx2: a discussion on a hot topic (DJ return as sonny) starts, facebook fans should be alerted* Those posts will appear in facebook user newsfeed, maintaining a constant connection with fans[b']* the admin should also post content on the facebook page of saundra, olivia, EJO -> this will bring good trafficFacebook creates the flywheel effect. If a members likes or comments a post from the miami vice fan page, his friend can see it and some will then become fan of the page, etc.If you really want traffic fast, google ads are solution but it costs money. You can run a compain on the cheap for 50$ a month where an add for the site would appear when you type miami vice in google.Twitter is another free option (EJO is on twitter). You have to send short message talking about MV and posting links with good content about the site.Good luckJ.

Congrats on the person creating a Facebook fan page..Good luckJ.

I had a look last night regarding setting one up: at present there is a large MV page on Facebook which some .ws members already belong to, so maybe we ought to make sure we post on there regularly with updates about the site - it has 33k members already - rather than start afresh for now? Well done to Brenda for getting the ball rolling :clap:

I had a look last night regarding setting one up: at present there is a large MV page on Facebook which some .ws members already belong to' date=' so maybe we ought to make sure we post on there regularly with updates about the site - it has 33k members already - rather than start afresh for now? Well done to Brenda for getting the ball rolling :clap:[/quote']Let's do it and see what happens. I find it hard to believe that out of so many people there so few post anything on that page, though. My recent post has not attracted anyone's attention, either :( Feel free to add me if you like, together we might think something up...

Let's do it and see what happens. I find it hard to believe that out of so many people there so few post anything on that page' date=' though. My recent post has not attracted anyone's attention, either :( Feel free to add me if you like, together we might think something up...[/quote'] Keep it up Brenda! :klatsch::klatsch:

Hi folks, I think now it's time for me to work on my commends of english, and my dictionary will be my best friend for the next time... :schwitz::) It's great to be here and I'm looking forward to meet lots of fans. Congratulation to the successful fusion :prost:

For global Vice fans looking for the most comprehensive, spirited and reliable source on the web, there's only one choice. It's quite remarkable what has been accomplished here in such a short time, and the brains, tech and $$ behind it are to be congratulated.Quite simply, this site is OCB and all others sites are Calderone (or, at the very least, Viking Bikers from Hell).