• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• COOPER&BURNETT

• Tony D.

• Ferrariman

• Mr. Calderon

SIAMO I MIGLIORI!!! (We're the best!)We're not just a wonderful MV community... WE ARE MIAMI VICE! :clap:It gets better and better every day' date=' and I'm very proud to be a member here, together with people from all over the world!I started my adventure in a Vice community in 2003 and I can only say that there's no seven-year itch! :)[/quote']WOW!! VERY WELL SAID PANDINA!!! :clap::clap::thumbsup:

where are we with the search engines these days? near the top?

Not yet. I've been told it takes time, as the "other" site has been around for a while, which will effect the seach engines it will take a while, but when it does, nobody will overtake us....but it's coming baby. It's coming.

First of all, a massive congratulations to the great members an most of all our Ferrariman, our guru. Now that the formalities are gone, is there ever a chance that .ws will ever look like .org somewhere around 2005, with the fenomenal jukebox? God, I remember those days at the office, listening to the vice songs on the background.either way, if not, bless this site for what it is already. I think there is zero action going on at .org.Hell, even the greatest news in 20 years: DJ´s return as Crockett in the new commecial had a mere 2 responses!! One of the respondants being our own Mr Tony D. Says enough right?Party on boys and girls....

Well...One thing to consider when we look to the .ws future its how big we can think. And the cool thing is: WE THINK BIG!We cant forget few weeks ago Crockett never would come back. Now Don Johnson is wearing the pastels. Now theres a plan to a convention (damn i wont go! :_ _ ( ) with ppl from the cast, the site is rocking, we had interviews with Jan Hammer, Jim Zubiena, PMT, John Diehl...Theres Coop with the scrapbook and his "MV Museum".....Well, Viceland isnt a dictatorship anymore, and yes, its a work of love from loyal fans, not a place of self-promotion of someone else.

Ferrariman stated over a year ago that he didn't want .org even mentioned here, so I've been doing so, unless I was asked a specific question about it.I like this website & am happy that it is successful with much activity & it has no technical problems. I'm just sad that darts have to be thrown at .org ( which has not done the same to .ws) We've recomended new fans to look in here on .ws for info that was not available on .org.........but .org is still considered the bad guys..Org is trying to get a new server to eliminate log-in problems, but even with those problems, there are many members here on .ws who still contribute information about Miami Vice to new fans on .org. One of them is Jim Zubiena ( the Argentinean Hitman), and Alex has posted about the Paris Convention. There are many other members who visit both sites and are not beat up because of it by the Admin. on .org.If the time comes that .org can no longer stay in operation, I will gladly give all of my time to this site, since I have a lot of friends here that I respect. Until then I will continue to be hospitable to the fans on both sites and help .org with DVD Reviews, Birthdays & New Member welcomes. Tony D.

We should recruit more fans. The site is hard to find and hard to figure out the value at first.Couple of ideas:*Have a Facebook presence. Key is to have a few members post once a day relevant content (Updates from the scrapbook, tidbits, polls, etc.)Here is a n example with a french MV site http://www.facebook.com/pages/DeuxFlicsaMiamifr/110110265707684* SEO optimize the content so it can rank better: if you type miami vice online now, we appear in page 3 or 4. The content of the site is blocked if you are not a member which hurts indexing.thxJ.With the quality of the content here, it won't be hard to recruit new people.

• Administrators
I'm just sad that darts have to be thrown at .org ( which has not done the same to .ws) We've recomended new fans to look in here on .ws for info that was not available on .org.........but .org is still considered the bad guys. Tony D.
You've recommended that .org fans look here for info? You know if you posted that it would be deleted in a heartbeat so how did you do it? PM? Oops' date=' sorry, you don't have them.Maybe if you were the one who was stabbed in the back by "so-called" friends you'd get out your darts too!
There are many other members who visit both sites and are not beat up because of it by the Admin. on .org.Tony D.
Name one member who has been openly harrassed by me on this site for visiting .orgOnce again Tony you, and only you, jump to their defense, don't you dare act surprised when it blows up in your face. (again)

• Administrators

http://www.facebook.com/pages/DeuxFlicsaMiamifr/110110265707684* SEO optimize the content so it can rank better: if you type miami vice online now, we appear in page 3 or 4. The content of the site is blocked if you are not a member which hurts indexing.thxJ.With the quality of the content here, it won't be hard to recruit new people.

I don't do the whole facebook thing but for those who do, definitely a good idea! There are ways to reach out but trust me, fans are finding us just fine. Anywhere from 2 or 3 to sometimes 10 new registrations a day! As with anything, word of mouth referral is the best advertising and a satisfied customer will recommend us to their friends! but please, anyone, feel free to put the word out any way you can!

I'm doing my part by posting the websites address all over youtube!Post it anywhere a MIAMI VICE video is, and anything that is related.MILLIONS of people got there, and many people have viewed my messages.

Ferrariman stated over a year ago that he didn't want .org even mentioned here' date=' so I've been doing so, unless I was asked a specific question about it. Tony D.[/quote']Tony....it's because of things like you promoting it, providing links to it, things like that.Have you not forgotten how your "friends" locked me out of my own section over there, and refused to delete my photos or section after I asked them to do so? Ferrariman had the class to do what RB asked, and removed his photos and section. Why was that courtesy not extended to me by your "friends"?(some have said it's because the Scrapbook section is the only thing interesting, or worth anything over there. I tend to agree.)It is mentioned here in this thread because we are rejoicing that we are now the dominant MIAMI VICE website, and largest on the planet earth with the most members of any MIAMI VICE site (4,048 now, as we picked up 12 new members since I started this thread). We are proud of that fact. We are not promoting .org, giving reasons to visit, or providing links to it. There is a difference.-COOP

You've recommended that .org fans look here for info? You know if you posted that it would be deleted in a heartbeat so how did you do it? PM? Oops' date=' sorry, you don't have them.Maybe if you were the one who was stabbed in the back by "so-called" friends you'd get out your darts too! Name one member who has been openly harrassed by me on this site for visiting .orgOnce again Tony you, and only you, jump to their defense, don't you dare act surprised if it blows up in your face. (again)[/quote'] Lou....no there is no PM feature available, but I used e-mail to direct the person here. Tiffany was in agreement with that, by the way.No one in particular is harrassed for visiting .org. What I should have said is from time to time, there are always negative comments being said about .org. No one does that about .ws .I still feel that you were suspened from .org hastily & unfairly....but trying to convince them is just as difficult as trying to get people here to forgive & forget.

You really know how to bring this Celebratory thead down Tony D. :thumbsdown:This thread is for celebrating our achievement.

• Administrators

I still feel that you were suspened from .org hastily & unfairly....but trying to convince them is just as difficult as trying to get people here to forgive & forget.

Now you're catching on Tony! As for the rest, let's just agree to disagree.

Tony....it's because of things like you promoting it' date=' providing links to it, things like that.Have you not forgotten how your "friends" locked me out of my own section over there, and refused to delete my photos or section after I asked them to do so? Ferrariman had the class to do what RB asked, and removed his photos and section. Why was that courtesy not extended to me by your "friends"?(some have said it's because the Scrapbook section is the only thing interesting, or worth anything over there. I tend to agree.)It is mentioned here in this thread because we are rejoicing that we are now the dominant MIAMI VICE website, and largest on the planet earth with the most members of any MIAMI VICE site (4,048 now, as we picked up 12 new members since I started this thread). We are proud of that fact. We are not promoting .org, giving reasons to visit, or providing links to it. There is a difference.-COOP[/quote'] Coop, I believe you are right in saying that your scrapbook section is interesting and very worthwhile. They should have removed it when you asked them to, but it is helping many newbies and that's probably why they kept it. You can at least be happy it's doing some good there.The DVD Reviews are worthwhile but all the people who can really contribute something left & came here.You can be jubilant about this website, but you don't have to gloat over .org's failure.

Coop' date=' I believe you are right in saying that your scrapbook section is interesting and very worthwhile. They should have removed it when you asked them to, but it is helping many newbies and that's probably why they kept it. You can at least be happy it's doing some good there.The DVD Reviews are worthwhile but all the people who can really contribute something left & came here.You can be jubilant about this website, but you don't have to gloat over .org's failure.[/quote']Your really bringing me down man.

I don't mean to stifle your joy in the expanse of this site.....just try not to look down at .org & the people who still visit there.Soon, they may be here.

Coop' date=' I believe you are right in saying that your scrapbook section is interesting and very worthwhile. They should have removed it when you asked them to....[/quote']I'm glad you agree.According to .org, it appears that you may be the next ADMIN.GREAT!Your first point of order can be to remove the scrapbook section, and all of my photos being you will have the power, and you agree that it should have been taken down.

• Administrators
I don't mean to stifle your joy in the expanse of this site.....just try not to look down at .org & the people who still visit there.Soon' date=' they may be here.[/quote']The sooner the better! We don't look down at any of the people who visit there. I especially feel sorry for the clueless newbies who join there with such enthusiasm. It's like they just found the holy grail or something and then, reality sets in. I want them to come here! Not to take them away from .org but to give them what they're looking for and what they deserve as fans! You can't dispute that.Send us your poor, your tired, your angry cameraman! Ok, maybe not the last one..;)

LOL :D I don't think I'll be an Admin. there.....as for your scrapbook section....... still being there is not hurting you, in fact it's bringing you a lot of fans & doing much good! :thumbsup:

LOL :D I don't think I'll be an Admin. there.....as for your scrapbook section....... still being there is not hurting you' date=' in fact it's bringing you a lot of fans & doing much good! :thumbsup:[/quote']But if you do become the Admin, you will take it down, right?

I feel for the enthusiastic newbies more than anyone because I welcome them & then see how the site crashes & when they can log on, there's no one to keep a discussion going.Most of them find .ws.