• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dadrian

• Stinger390X

• timm525

• Viceman Cometh

1984Two great things were bornMiami Vice...and me.1989...in my country there wasn't MV until mid 90's. And I remember it as "a series about two cops in Miami where white cope had white gun and black cop had a black gun".I didn't mean to be racist.And I gradually realized the awesomeness of MV and now in 2008 I'm a full pledged fan. :D

• Administrators

I remember when I was little I had a crappy old hand me down Black and White TV in my room. My older brother of course had a color TV and wouldn't let me watch MV in his room. :evil:I would say "but you have a color TV" and he would say "So what, you don't need color, Sonny is white and Rico is black" and then he would laugh at me and walk away.It was ashame I had to kill him...:p

Cool story. Too bad your dad didn't get a chance to make it work. Maybe he could have been on MV. along with Chalks. :thumbsup:

I can remember the episode, but in one they film the builing down town where my dad lived. It was light in the window.. he he

I watched S1-S3 in 9th-11th grades. I started to get tired of the show later in S3. It was getting very predictable. Plus, I was getting busier on Friday nights, so I didn't see any of S4-S5 until it came on TNN around 2000.Anybody remember the TNN MV marathon which had the first couple of episodes pre-empted by golf? Also, one marathon was pre-empted by infomercials for Sunsetter Awnings. LOL!

• Administrators

Yes I remember the Sunsetter Awnings.They were as bad and annoying as the stupid Geico "Cave Man" commercials.(Sorry if anyone actually likes the "Cave Man" ones. I for one can't stand them as they are wayyyyyy over played. Now the ones with the talking lizard :thumbsup: but hey, I'm and animal lover!)

Pleading the "fifth" are you?for the case that it might incriminate you perhaps???hahahahahacome on...don't be shy. Tell us how old you were..................

How old was I?Back then, I was a young man.What the bleep was I doing spending my time watching TV? :confused:Oh well, life has lots of regrets.

In ´84 I was 9. And nothing could drag me away from the screen. Although it was broadcast late, my parents let me stay up and watch it.

I turned 30 in 1984. I would never leave the house on Friday nights. Back then my wife had planned a surprise 30th birthday party for me and she eventually had to ruin the surprise and tell me to get me to leave the house. The episode "Give A Little' date=' Take A Little" fell on my 30th birthday, December 7th, 1984. It was THE only episode I had taped with commercials in it![/quote']Exactly the age i would have liked to be at that time and this for many reasons. I'm afraid i was only 10 when it started here and 15 when it ended. I remember seeing the show then but reruns are what got me hooked.

21I turned 21 a couple of weeks after the premier, had just bought a 1982 Trans Am, and was having the time of my life. Those were some great years!

• 3 weeks later...

I was 26 in 1984, lived and worked in New York. It was a great time in my life and would re-live it in a minute if I could. Made alot of money and spent alot of money (but wasn't that the thing to do in the 80's!)...

In September of '84 I was 21 and it was a few months before my 22nd birthday!! Ah...the good ole' days (sort of anyway!) Not that I'd wanna go back but I sure would like to look like I did then!!! I knew it was special from the original promos and i like many others have all the original eps on VHS tape - never to be parted with! I should make a provision in my will for them!! Some have commercials and some have been edited - I used to (like Ferrariman) not want to go out on Fridays but my husband used to tease me about that!! Why go out when you had MV?!!So many of you were so young and yet you're still fans....I find that to be refreshing and amazing...good for you!1PeaceCbreze

• 3 weeks later...

yes i used to get that mag every week electronic games mostly filled with adds for new games and a few tips about atari 2600 and coleco vision games ha ha ha funny you mention that what about those huge cellphones as big as your head with the rubber antennas ha ha ha

I was 18 when the show began...and, like many of you, my Friday nights (that otherwise may have been adventure filled or jail bound) were spent in front of a NBC. And I taped every episode I could. People would ask, "Why is it so important to watch this if you're taping it?"And it was one of those "If you have to ask, then you would not understand" answers. I wanted one of those McBurnie Daytona Spyders so bad I would work any and everything that paid money...I ended up with the 75 Stingray though. I always like these threads!

I was 18 when MV premiered here in 1985. I didn't like it at all. My classmates instead were all crazy for MV and madly in love with Crockett. Everyday at school it was always the same: hours spent talking about the episodes… yawn!For me it was a waste of time but I couldn’t even take part in any of those conversations, so all I did was replying to their endless, dull comments. The recurring ones were: Crockett is wearing a white blazer: yeah, right, a magic white blazer that never gets dirty!Crockett is driving a Ferrari: yeah, right, how can he afford it? (Forgive me, at the time I didn’t know about him being undercover with his ‘stolen’ car!)Crockett is living on a boat, this is so romantic: yeah, right, seasickness guaranteed!Crockett is so good looking: yeah, right, he needs a shave and a decent haircut! Crockett has a pet alligator: what? This is the most absurd thing I’ve ever heard! A pet alligator? Do they think we’re stupid?And on and on and on…Seeing all the craze around me I decided to give MV a second chance and one day I sat on my couch expressing my skeptical thoughts “Ok, let’s see what’s so special about this crap showâ€.Then ‘Milk Run’ began.

I've got them all on VHS' date=' too, along with a lot of interviews, etc. with Don and some of the others. I bought my first VCR in 1982, and it's the one I used until the mid-90's.[/quote']I was just looking at this thread and realized that I did not actually say how old I was in 1984. I was 36 years old. I was completely smitten with Don, although I loved all the characters and the show right from the start. We had MV parties every Friday night :happy: I have a lot of memorabilia that I would never part with. I just celebrated by 60th Birthday in October :balloon: I just saw the movie "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button". It made me realize how we don't change on the inside, only the outside (unless mental illness happens). What's the point of denying or hiding our age when it's obvious anyway;)