How old were you in MV days?

Dadrian

Sites like this really help keep the interest, as your no longer alone with the interest. I think back, and still get that feeling from my enjoyment from the show.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dadrian

• Stinger390X

• timm525

• Viceman Cometh

Hmmm, I don't actually recall when I first saw it, but I do remember watching the end of Come Dancing, talking to a friend on the phone about the dead ostriches (the awful dresses) and complaining bitterly if that show over-ran and Miami Vice was delayed.Vice was a great support to me, it helped me through some very difficult parts of my life. I will always be grateful to Sonny, Rico, Castillo and the gang.

I was 9 - 14 yrs old. And oh yes, I dressed in white pants with pastel shirts in 7th and 8th grade with white shoes no socks. My mother has pictures to prove it. I remember the shoes cutting the backs of my feet all the time...lol

Pandina- I can't believe you! What is so crazy about a guy wearing a clean white blazer, driving around in a police impound Ferrari Daytona Spyder with an alligator with the top down?I was hooked from episode one. I taped the pilot because I had seen the promo's with the Phil Collins 'In the Air Tonight' in the background and I was a big Phil Collins fan. Episode one...I was hooked. I was a Vice junkie that night and have been ever since. Sad in a normal sorta way, isnt it?

• 4 months later...

Not too old thread to revive I hope :o nevertheless, I was 7-12 from 84-89,I think the first time I saw MV was in 86, but it was on too late for me to stay up and watch, so all I remember is the intro, with nice looking cars and girls. I was watching Magnum P.I. instead as it was on at more sensible hours. There were reruns in late 90s I think though I didn't watch it back then either, kinda wish I did now. Anyway it wasn't until it finally came on DVD and I had finally caught up with MV and I really became a fan. I don't know if I'll ever get to own a sail boat let alone a stinger, though it's more likely that I will than say Ferrari, but I do dream of that kind of life, especially now that I'm in 30s, like Crockett was at the time, time will tell :) But I think I'll continue to like the show for a long time to come.

Crockett is living on a boat' date=' this is so romantic: yeah, right, seasickness guaranteed!QUOTE']Actually it is very nice! I get rocked to sleep every night. I never get seasick?The gentle lapping of the water splashing on the sponsons is rather soothing.

Sounds great Stinger to be sleeping on a vintage stinger from that period or do you have more than one boat? Me I'm trying to track down a McBurnie from the Vice period and then restore it as Jurassic has done. Chasing one now but owner isn't very flexible.

I was 10-15 from '84-'89 - got hooked from Season 3 although had watched sporadically beforehand - so I was about 14 or 15 when I became a 'fan' - definitely changed my wardrobe - made me want to be 'cool' in so many different ways though - even affected my creative writing at school - remember one very heavy fictional piece I wrote which was full of symbolism using light and shadow - which I blatantly nicked from MV!It also made me appreciate beauty more I think (and it's opposite) in everything around us - natural and man-made - eg simple beauty of clouds in the skies and art-deco style buildings (which we have so few of here in the UK).Perhaps most of all though I immediately empathised with what I still see today as a beautiful story of a man attempting to come to terms with, and find meaning in, a world full of evil, injustice and misfortune. I think my teenage years (like many of you and any teenager for that matter) were full of angst and underlying anxiety of finding our places in the world around us - and sometimes that's a very complex and unsettling thing to do as a young man. I saw something of a parallel there in Sonny and it somehow gave me more strength if you like in my own journey.

I turned 13 in august of 1984. I was 17 when the show went off in 1989. So you see it was pretty influential for me, all the way through my 8-12th grade years.

I was 29 when it began in 1984, same as as Michael Talbot and some of the cast. That and living in South Florida was one of the reasons I think I connected with the show.First saw Don and Phillip riding a float in an Orange Bowl parade in Miami on TV. So I wanted to see what Miami Vice was, so I started watching it in fall 1984, on a 13 inch screen at the time, as I was living in an apartment in Ft. Lauderdale.Hooked ever since, never grows old...

I was 16 to 21 during Vice on TV.....And man, was it influential in an interesting kinda way for me. Nothing had ever been seen on TV before and even I can't believe it kept me home on Friday nights too...Well, I think(at the time) I lost interest in it 'cause I thought(at the time) it was getting kinda weird to me....Now? Have times changed and I wished I had invested in the wardrobe a bit more or at least some as this stuff is tough to find, yet not impossible and I do enjoy 4-5 episodes a week when I need a 'fix'. Funny, Like half of season five I have yet to see even though I have the entire DVD series ....I even wonder what I'm waiting for....Mike

• 4 weeks later...
....Also nice having the scenes' date=' and lines that were cut from the cable and dvd versions! You had to be a first time viewer to see those!The commercials became "MIAMI VICE" style commercials with rock songs, 80's clothes, and slick photography knowing it was thier target audience during this show.My only problem?They are all on beta tape. :cry:[/quote']I have many from the 'original' 1st runs recorded in VHS format...I laughed about your BETA comment...my buddy's dad was 'THE FIRST' to have cable TV and a subscription-based HBO and Cinamax (We called it SKIN-o-MAX)..His Sony BetaMax deck had a remote....wired remoteSome had ads, some did not, depending if I was out on a Friday night....The ads are classic, especially in the election cycle....great classic products from the 80's....I was in my early 20's and of course fell into all the clothes, etc....it was the thing to do...then...

• 2 weeks later...

Though I was 14 years old when the show was first broadcast in the USA, it took about a year and a half for it to get to Portugal, but I perfectly remember watching the excellent pilot and falling immediately in love with the characters, the action, the music, the style, everything that makes MV so unique up till today. Now I´m 38, and I derive the same pleasure from watching the show now on DVD, as I did all those years back on TV.I also remember I wanted really bad to wear the same cool clothes Crockett wore, but unfortunately they were out of my financial league!:cheers: