Calling all Detectives: Group effort

C Glide

Whats happening on the left side where Crockett parked? Is there a homeless group there or just lots of junk left behind?

Yes homeless area - people live there - bad area not recommended. :D

Yeah I can imagine they would not appreciate visitors basking in its former glory. Google earth still has the street as clean with no people around.

• Like 1

So yes Crockett parked the left side and the car exploded to the right of the pic just under the bridge - this is the road seen as Gina and others walked on with thie view to Downtown in particular the Courthouse :D

Yeah I can imagine they would not appreciate visitors basking in its former glory. Google earth still has the street as clean with no people around.

I visited there in March this year and in 2005 - its a downtrodden area and lots of homless living in cardboard boxes - I would not recommend the area as just across the tracks from Overtown . :D

• Administrators

The Pilot explosion bridge "59th St Bridge " just outside Overtown/ Downtown Miami ( not a great area ) 2014 :D  :fireworks:

Eingefügtes Bild

That spot is in quite a few episodes I think.

Burn Notice used to film there a lot also. 

Bilders- good location list, Matt has already helped you with several photos etc.  I'll look for or take new photos of the rest.  Haven't decided yet what I will visit on my trip. 

Good photos/links Matt.  Chalks, of course, is out of business but last I heard private seaplanes were still using the ramp and parking area for a fee.  Also the city is trying to confiscate the entire area and may have done so by now.  Overtown is not as bad as it used to be but would not recommend walking around there, day or night.  Miami does have a serious vagrant/homeless problem that you don't see on Miami Beach or in the suburbs.  Even Bayfront Park is bad at times, don't know why the city has never done anything to ease the situation.  Nothing effective anyway.    

Edited by miamijimf
  • Like 1

I stumbled upon this a few weeks ago, this is how the Chalks building is being used:

http://keywestseaplanes.com/charters_watson_island_seaplane_base_miami.html

I also found this story which links to what you were saying, Jim:

http://www.airliners.net/aviation-forums/general_aviation/read.main/6111187/

It also includes info from members of this forum who mention that the area is still available for public planes. I hope I dont end up missing my chance before it becomes fully conmercial and changes forever.

• Like 1

I stumbled upon this a few weeks ago, this is how the Chalks building is being used:http://keywestseaplanes.com/charters_watson_island_seaplane_base_miami.htmlI also found this story which links to what you were saying, Jim:http://www.airliners.net/aviation-forums/general_aviation/read.main/6111187/It also includes info from members of this forum who mention that the area is still available for public planes. I hope I dont end up missing my chance before it becomes fully conmercial and changes forever.

Thanks for the links.  Good news, looks like seaplanes will be flying over Miami for some time.

• Like 2

Is Overtown known as a dangerous area?I am also tempted myself. I just finished "Walk-Alone". I think Disc 1 of Series 1 is next!

I wouldnt recommend it all - Jim is right its better than it was - but still dangerous day or nite. :D

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
This is the old channel 6 studio on Brickell Ave.  It looks real familiar and I think it appeared somewhere in Vice but can't find it.  Anyone know?

Old Ch 6 studio On brickell maybe seen question

• Like 2

Update with hq pictures of Burnett's house in Redemption in Blood:

post-482-0-53258000-1415127758_thumb.jpg

post-482-0-05585600-1415127794_thumb.jpg

post-482-0-65309000-1415127813_thumb.jpg

post-482-0-76544400-1415127841_thumb.jpg

post-482-0-54362600-1415127866_thumb.jpg

post-482-0-21861300-1415211674_thumb.jpg

post-482-0-39905200-1415211699_thumb.jpg

Thank you, Pink Flaming0, for your research :thumbsup:

I think we see Flagler Monument Island behind Burnett's place:

post-482-0-11884200-1415128728_thumb.jpg

Edited by Yann529
  • Like 1

Update with hq pictures of Burnett's house in Redemption in Blood:

attachicon.gif2014-11-04_153727.jpg

attachicon.gif2014-11-04_153950.jpg

attachicon.gif2014-11-04_154236.jpg

attachicon.gif2014-11-04_154409.jpg

attachicon.gif2014-11-04_162618.jpg

Thank you, Pink Flaming0, for your research :thumbsup:

I think we see Flagler Monument Island behind Burnett's place:

attachicon.gifFlagler Monument Island.jpg

Thanks ! - I believe that is Ricky Martin's old house.

Yes, just as quickly as I pointed this house out as potentially Burnett's house , I was shot down by Jeremy. I still say it's the house but oh well. :)  

Glad to see you believe this is Burnett's house too.

Keep researching ! :thumbsup:

• Like 1

I think this is it, which would make it a great and a very fast find!

Now CGlide has no excuse for not finishing Redemption in Blood on his site as all locations of this ep have been found now :-)

bump

• Like 1

I am still 90% sure as the likelihood of similar white houses at the water with significant staircase, etc is close to zero. Nevertheless, CGlide has a point with some minor deviations in distances to neighbors and relative location of building parts that do not match. The above photo with Flagler memorial is no good proof as on the photo the monument seems to be hidden behind houses or woods whereas in reality there is clear sight from the house to the free standing monument structure.

• Like 1

I am still 90% sure as the likelihood of similar white houses at the water with significant staircase, etc is close to zero. Nevertheless, CGlide has a point with some minor deviations in distances to neighbors and relative location of building parts that do not match. The above photo with Flagler memorial is no good proof as on the photo the monument seems to be hidden behind houses or woods whereas in reality there is clear sight from the house to the free standing monument structure.

Tom, I overlooked something very important, the house was built in 2000 !  So it wouldn't have been there during this episode. :o:)

• Like 1

No, the house was built before 2000. Look at this : http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/25-N-Hibiscus-Dr-Miami-Beach-FL-33139/43895082_zpid/

Last sold: Sep 1991 for $385,000

Looking at the details on zillow: 

"Built in 2000  Last sold: Sep 1991 for $385,000"   I think that means a house was there in 1991 but was rebuilt in 2000 so it most likely looked different when the episode was filmed?  Man has that property value jumped up.

• Like 1