Calling all Detectives: Group effort

C Glide

Sorry Matt, that is the house Miracle Man would be facing. Tubbs and Stan are exiting the car to walk towards Miracle Man to have the meeting.

Sorry Matt' date=' that is the house Miracle Man would be facing. Tubbs and Stan are exiting the car to walk towards Miracle Man to have the meeting.[/quote']Got it so he was opposite that house - that condo where Miracle Man was has been remodelled slightly :radar::shout::shout::):D

7) another thing I notice is that there are wooden utility poles in the area but not on this street. It is likely that there would be a utility line running behind the houses.

Thats great Jeremy - any update on the hotels on the beach in the pilot ? :balloon::radio:

I believe you are referring to the alleyway shot. A higher resolution picture would be helpful but I have an idea of where it might have been shot. I will check it out soon as I can and get back to you. The buildings are taller than most of the buildings found on MB.

I believe you are referring to the alleyway shot. A higher resolution picture would be helpful but I have an idea of where it might have been shot. I will check it out soon as I can and get back to you. The buildings are taller than most of the buildings found on MB.

It really looks like Ocean Court around the Edison Hotel area Is this helpfulhttp://www.ebay.com/itm/DON-JOHNSON-MIAMI-VICE-DEBUT-ALBUM-POSTER-24-X-36-/230817605216?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_2&hash=item35bdcd2660Regards Matt

There is quite a distinctive wave art deco pattern at the top of the background building top right :balloon:

This appears to be a match with the pattern matching the one in the picture ( Edison Hotel far back right ) the hotel opposite also matches back left( behind Essex House ) https://www.google.co.uk/maps/preview#!data=!1m8!1m3!1d3!2d-80.131259!3d25.779982!2m2!1f32.46!2f86.14!4f75!2m9 !1e1!2m4!1sDN7oDun7pNc1dtHVU1eDXw!2e0!9m1!6sOcean+ Court!5m2!1sDN7oDun7pNc1dtHVU1eDXw!2e0&fid=5:balloon:

Jeremy - I can confirm the inner "Heartbeat " Don Johnson alleyway picture is on Ocean Court behind The Edison Hotel /Breakwater Hotel looking North to 10th Street - I can match up several of the landmarks and Essex House on 10th/Collins in the far background.:balloon::dance2::xmas: This is where the "The Savage" car chase ended from Ocean Court to 10th .

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

yeah no kidding. I use to live fairly close to that and I missed it. How long did I search for this location?????? One of the great location mysteries of Miami Vice and it was in my neighborhood in Ft Lauderdale.

• Like 2

The great thing is though that it is still there, slightly changed but mainly the same. I may just get on a plane in the next 30 days just to go here.

• Like 1

yeah no kidding. I use to live fairly close to that and I missed it. How long did I search for this location?????? One of the great location mysteries of Miami Vice and it was in my neighborhood in Ft Lauderdale.

Thats amazing - Im in Sofla now I can go Monday  :D  :)

Looks like the buildings to the south are unchanged so you should be able to get great re-creation shots. I am seriously considering heading down now, sometime in March so if anyone is interested in getting together and hitting this and other locations let me know and I will start organizing for a date, probably 3 days. Really like to do this site justice since it is still there and was so elusive. Need to get great re-creation shots.

• Like 1

That's amazing, :tasse_prost::clap:  congratulations Charlie.

Agreed Jim - absolutely brill Fort Lauderdale of all places they only shot up there in Season 2. Does anyone have any larger hi-res or standard res images from the Pilot beach scene there and I will visit Monday . :D  :fireworks:

• Like 1

Agreed Jim - absolutely brill Fort Lauderdale of all places they only shot up there in Season 2. Does anyone have any larger hi-res or standard res images from the Pilot beach scene there and I will visit Monday . :D  :fireworks:

In particular the buildings to the south . Thanks Matt :D  :)  :fireworks: