Calling all Detectives: Group effort

C Glide

Suuny Isles hotel in pilotFurther to Matt's post yesterday, we haven't found the beachside hotel location from the pilot. I posted some items a while ago & we were waiting to hear from CGlide if he thought we were close. A few of us had found several Sunny Isles locations close to one another which may have been used & spliced together to make one location for the scene.The ones Jim posted recently, although they are of the right era to the building(s) we're searching, the pool is the wrong shape & the pool is too close to the beach access. We may find, though, that his ones may play a part in the "amalgamated location". I stayed at the Thunderbird in Sunny Isles in 2007 & it might be one of the sites used ...We couldn't get much further too because we needed someone to look at these locations (the ones that exist, that is!) to see if they can be verified or discounted. For anyone who can go & have a look, our ideas on the "amalgamated location" are back a few pages.Has anyone else been working on other location sleuthing queries?

Further to Matt's post yesterday' date=' we haven't found the beachside hotel location from the pilot. I posted some items a while ago & we were waiting to hear from CGlide if he thought we were close. A few of us had found several Sunny Isles locations close to one another which may have been used & spliced together to make one location for the scene.The ones Jim posted recently, although they are of the right era to the building(s) we're searching, the pool is the wrong shape & the pool is too close to the beach access. We may find, though, that his ones may play a part in the "amalgamated location". I stayed at the Thunderbird in Sunny Isles in 2007 & it might be one of the sites used ...We couldn't get much further too because we needed someone to look at these locations (the ones that exist, that is!) to see if they can be verified or discounted. For anyone who can go & have a look, our ideas on the "amalgamated location" are back a few pages.Has anyone else been working on other location sleuthing queries?[/quote']This thread is now a stickey. IMO it should be because many members have taken a real interest in finding Vice locations over the years. I have no doubt that posting here will pick up as soon as someone gets close to finding a new location. Ref the beach scene from the Pilot, Charlie said he was still working on it and you know him, he never gives up. If anyone has a good idea about what existing building or buildings can lead us to the spot, I will drive down and take a look. I seem to remember that Matt5 recently had a few sleuthing queries. Don't remember the thread he posted in. He is going to Miami in March.

This thread is now a stickey. IMO it should be because many members have taken a real interest in finding Vice locations over the years. I have no doubt that posting here will pick up as soon as someone gets close to finding a new location. Ref the beach scene from the Pilot' date=' Charlie said he was still working on it and you know him, he never gives up. If anyone has a good idea about what existing building or buildings can lead us to the spot, I will drive down and take a look. I seem to remember that Matt5 recently had a few sleuthing queries. Don't remember the thread he posted in. He is going to Miami in March.[/quote']Hi Jim I head to Miami in a week or so - and plan to do some sleathing and check out Ramrod alley / old site etc . My post was related to Mirror Image and I started a thread .:DI also plan to get into Turnberry Isle condo also :thumbsup::happy:

Ref the beach scene from the Pilot' date=' Charlie said he was still working on it and you know him, he never gives up. If anyone has a good idea about what existing building or buildings can lead us to the spot, I will drive down and take a look.[/quote']We put some names of hotels/buildings which we thought matched parts of the scene, so it is all there when CGlide isn't very busy. It is around post no. 675 on this thread. I put an aerial view with arrows pointing to possible cuts in the scene & PinkFlaming0 posted more screen caps & thoughts in post No. 677. It would be good to find out if there are any existing buildings from the beach view.

We put some names of hotels/buildings which we thought matched parts of the scene' date=' so it is all there when CGlide isn't very busy. It is around post no. 675 on this thread. I put an aerial view with arrows pointing to possible cuts in the scene & PinkFlaming0 posted more screen caps & thoughts in post No. 677. It would be good to find out if there are any existing buildings from the beach view.[/quote']Good points caroline :thumbsup::D

We put some names of hotels/buildings which we thought matched parts of the scene' date=' so it is all there when CGlide isn't very busy. It is around post no. 675 on this thread. I put an aerial view with arrows pointing to possible cuts in the scene & PinkFlaming0 posted more screen caps & thoughts in post No. 677. It would be good to find out if there are any existing buildings from the beach view.[/quote']I'll try to check those places out on my next trip. Not sure when that will happen. Here is another Sunny Isles postcard that I don't think we have seen before. May not be much help but older views of that area are rare.[ATTACH=CONFIG]7574[/ATTACH]

post-16-13892965307044_thumb.jpg

I'll try to check those places out on my next trip. Not sure when that will happen. Here is another Sunny Isles postcard that I don't think we have seen before. May not be much help but older views of that area are rare.[ATTACH=CONFIG]7574[/ATTACH]

wow lovely pic:D

What else is still a findable mystery location besides the beach scene in the pilot? I'm not going to the Paris Vice reunion in April but my friend is attending and attended last year. My friend has agreed to show screen caps of the mystery locations to Michael Talbott, Saundra and others just in case they can help. I know its a long shot because its been a long time and they were not in all the scenes but it can't hurt. I think Michael Talbott and Saundra Santiago lived in Miami for a while and Michael kept some Vice stuff when the show ended. Let me know.

What else is still a findable mystery location besides the beach scene in the pilot? I'm not going to the Paris Vice reunion in April but my friend is attending and attended last year. My friend has agreed to show screen caps of the mystery locations to Michael Talbott' date=' Saundra and others just in case they can help. I know its a long shot because its been a long time and they were not in all the scenes but it can't hurt. I think Michael Talbott and Saundra Santiago lived in Miami for a while and Michael kept some Vice stuff when the show ended. Let me know.[/quote']Great Idea.

Excellent idea' date=' Jim! :thumbsup:[/quote']Thanks guys, what mystery locations do you think I should forward to Michael and Saundra in the hope that they can help?

I went thru the 77 episodes that I have done on my web site and was happily amazed at how few locations we have not found. Here is one from the just published, The Rising Sun Of Death. Not much to go on as we see them just in front of this house. From other filming done in this period I suspect Coconut Grove for the location, and it may possibly be at the end of a street based on the shape of the pavement. The roof line should be fairly easy to identify from sat. picture. Anyone want to take a look for it? I am going to...Eingefügtes Bild

That scene was shot during filming Like a hurricane and cut into Rising sun of death to make Sheena Easton appear in another episode. thus, this house is next door to the Park Lane estate used in LAH. I don't have the daily reports from LAH, just the location sheets, therefore i miss the exact address. but on the daily production reports from RSOD that I do have there is definetely no such estate searching scene included.

I really think that general area is the best prospect but have not spoted it yet.

I Agree, I also think the Traynor party house may be located in Coconut Grove.

That would be the area I would suspect for this house but I cannot find anything on Park Lane that matches this house.

The background fence seen as C and SE exit the car matches the fence seen in "Like a Hurricane" so Park Lane seems an excellent option - I aim to go to Park Lane this weekend to view .:DBut I agree I could find no house matching ther RSOD house on Park Lane either:D