Calling all Detectives: Group effort

C Glide

Another limiting factor is the hill. The back road to the loading area maybe a design of the facility but the paved road where C+T are parked on the opposite side of to watch the building is also on a significant incline (seen in picture 1504). Hills are very rare in Miami and usually lead up to a bridge. Very rare.

I took a trip around the 1986 aerial following the metro rail lines but did not find anything. I could have easily missed it but there was nothing that jumped out at me. Based on the camera angle and the tight shot this could easily have been filmed in downtown though it is meant to look like an isolated spot.I will keep looking.

Ref CC15. The radio tower in the background is one of the keys. Here is an interesting web site that will allow you to search for existing antennas and those that no longer exist. I used it in an earlier search for this location but didn't see the firetruck and other stuff that Charlie just saw. I had the mistaken idea that it was along the Tamiami Trail or Alligator Alley. Looked at it recently with no luck but maybe someone else can make use of it better than I could.http://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsApp/AsrSearch/asrRegistrationSearch.jsp

Ref CC15. The radio tower in the background is one of the keys. Here is an interesting web site that will allow you to search for existing antennas and those that no longer exist. I used it in an earlier search for this location but didn't see the firetruck and other stuff that Charlie just saw. I had the mistaken idea that it was along the Tamiami Trail or Alligator Alley. Looked at it recently with no luck but maybe someone else can make use of it better than I could.http://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsApp/AsrSearch/asrRegistrationSearch.jsp

Great link Jim :D

Great link Jim :D

I pull up 300 potential towers in Miami-Dade County. I went through the first 90 of the potentials. Couple interesting locations but nothing yet. I will try more later.

I just re-watched the scene where Blatt ... B-L-A-T-T, Blatt walks into the hideout and I counted 3 fire trucks (circa 1940-1950?). Also, the glass windows have a unique look and style to them which should be a big help finding this building (if it's not demolished).

I just re-watched the scene where Blatt ... B-L-A-T-T' date=' Blatt walks into the hideout and I counted 3 fire trucks (circa 1940-1950?). Also, the glass windows have a unique look and style to them which should be a big help finding this building (if it's not demolished).[/quote']If its not demolished - oh dear how many of our locations have been demolished - too many to count :thumbsdown::D

If its not demolished - oh dear how many of our locations have been demolished - too many to count :thumbsdown::D

Yes, it's so sad how many have gone, but I'm sure this one will be found like the Ramrod etc. I hope to get back to sleuthing soon but things have been busy here the past few days.

Usually berms like that are near highway off ramps, airports or water works buildings. I don't know about Miami though. That really looks out of place. Could it be a recycling center or something like that? There's a ton of garbage at the bottom of the ramp, it just seems weird for a fire station.

Usually berms like that are near highway off ramps' date=' airports or water works buildings. I don't know about Miami though. That really looks out of place. Could it be a recycling center or something like that? There's a ton of garbage at the bottom of the ramp, it just seems weird for a fire station.[/quote']I am thinking the garbage is from people who dump there because no one is around. My guess is this was a fire station that became obsolete so the city is using it for a catch all storage location. Office furniture, old trucks etc. I know stations 1-4 downtown but I have to find a list of the others. 2 and 4 ( I believe, going from memory) we see used in Vice so maybe this is another.

• 2 weeks later...
CC8 #314LARRY'S HOUSE: I believe I had skipped over posting cold case # 8. There is not allot to work with but I post it for two main reasons. 1 is that maybe someone has some knowledge that will help narrow down the search and this is a great place to gather that intel.# 2 is that I did some screen captures and then increased the adaptive lighting which revealed a unique looking building in the background that could be helpful.I suspect that the whole row of houses was torn down to make way for a new development which opened up this house to being available to be blown up. Anyone have any behind the scenes photos or intel? Anything?[/SIZE">
I was just watching this episode and noticed a couple things that might help. The driving scene leading up to Larry's house may not be and in fact likely was not directly by his house but it maybe in the area and may provide some clues as to what area to look in. I increased the adaptive lighting in several screen captures and spotted a unique building by the road that they drive by. Their drive starts on a straight road (no bigie there) at least a few hundreds yards of straight road with a double signal light seen in the background (2 red lights). Then the road curves to the right (our left) There is the building followed by what must be a gas station. This seems similar to where the south end of Pine Tree Drive meets Dade Blvd. ecept there was not a gas station there and it is only two lanes. We are looking for a road that curves and is three or more lanes of traffic in the direction they are travelling and likely the same in the other direction. Makes me think of Collins Ave. in N Miami Beach but I can't place it. This should be an easy find but so far I am stumped.Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildThen they drive by what I suspect are tennis courts (another limiting factor' date=' multiple courts together)[img']http://www.sffl.comcastbiz.net/wpimages/wp1d17ece1.pngThen past a unique piece of road where there seems to be another road very close in the bg with just low cement covered area in between.Eingefügtes BildThis should be easy to find, three lanes with a curve and a unique building by a gas station but so far...nada. What do you all think?

I was just watching this episode and noticed a couple things that might help. The driving scene leading up to Larry's house may not be and in fact likely was not directly by his house but it maybe in the area and may provide some clues as to what area to look in. I increased the adaptive lighting in several screen captures and spotted a unique building by the road that they drive by. Their drive starts on a straight road (no bigie there) at least a few hundreds yards of straight road with a double signal light seen in the background (2 red lights). Then the road curves to the right (our left) There is the building followed by what must be a gas station. This seems similar to where the south end of Pine Tree Drive meets Dade Blvd. ecept there was not a gas station there and it is only two lanes. We are looking for a road that curves and is three or more lanes of traffic in the direction they are travelling and likely the same in the other direction. Makes me think of Collins Ave. in N Miami Beach but I can't place it. This should be an easy find but so far I am stumped.'Eingefügtes'Eingefügtes'Eingefügtes'EingefügtesThen they drive by what I suspect are tennis courts (another limiting factor" data-date=" multiple courts together)[IMG">

http://www.sffl.comcastbiz.net/wpimages/wp1d17ece1.pngThen past a unique piece of road where there seems to be another road very close in the bg with just low cement covered area in between.Eingefügtes BildThis should be easy to find, three lanes with a curve and a unique building by a gas station but so far...nada. What do you all think?

Interesting Soflajeremy:thumbsup::D

Possibly, it seem to have only 4 lights in a row going north-south instead of 5 and has an extra row east-west but it is still somewhat possible. I like the area.

Possibly' date=' it seem to have only 4 lights in a row going north-south instead of 5 and has an extra row east-west but it is still somewhat possible. I like the area.[/color']

looks possible :D

• 2 weeks later...

Charlie and guys,I'll be in Miami for a few days in Sept. We are going down for a baseball game. Looking forward to seeing the inside of the new billion dollar state-of-the-art stadium downtown. I will have time to visit two, maybe three, locations and take photos that may help find where scenes were filmed. Suggestions?

Charlie and guys' date='I'll be in Miami for a few days in Sept. We are going down for a baseball game. Looking forward to seeing the inside of the new billion dollar state-of-the-art stadium downtown. I will have time to visit two, maybe three, locations and take photos that may help find where scenes were filmed. Suggestions?[/quote']bump

bump

Some recreation shots from Streetwise: Ramano's' date=' Ramrod even though they are gone it would be nice to have some shots taken precisely where the Vice camera was located seeing how it looks now. Also if anything is left of the alley scene where Silk pulled in. Those would be fun to see.[/color']

Some recreation shots from Streetwise: Ramano's' date=' Ramrod even though they are gone it would be nice to have some shots taken precisely where the Vice camera was located seeing how it looks now. Also if anything is left of the alley scene where Silk pulled in. Those would be fun to see.[/color']

Yes nice and maybe confirmation of the motel/ hotel beach scenes in Sunny Isles ?!:D:D:D

• 1 month later...

I am traveling to Miami in a few days and will take some photos of the Chateau Motel in Sunny Isles, 19115 Ocean Blvd, from the beach. I will be the boots, or in my case sandals, on the ground. Hopefully this may help with CC6. I will also take pics of the surrounding buildings. After re-reading the posts in this thread starting with pg17, that seems to be the most likely location for the Pilot's Turtle Shell Bar. There was a lot of research on this CC already and I'm trying to catch up. Am I right in thinking this is the most likely location? I will ask if anyone remembers Vice filming there. Sometimes that pays off. What should I be looking for specifically, windows in the Motel and surrounding buildings that match the screen caps? Let me know your thoughts on this subject as soon as you can. Thanks.

I am traveling to Miami in a few days and will take some photos of the Chateau Motel in Sunny Isles' date=' 19115 Ocean Blvd, from the beach. I will be the boots, or in my case sandals, on the ground. Hopefully this may help with CC6. I will also take pics of the surrounding buildings. After re-reading the posts in this thread starting with pg17, that seems to be the most likely location for the Pilot's Turtle Shell Bar. There was a lot of research on this CC already and I'm trying to catch up. Am I right in thinking this is the most likely location? I will ask if anyone remembers Vice filming there. Sometimes that pays off. What should I be looking for specifically, windows in the Motel and surrounding buildings that match the screen caps? Let me know your thoughts on this subject as soon as you can. Thanks.[/quote']If you could get pictures where you have the camera somewhat by the waters edge and shoot more or less due west at the hotel and then pan to the south catching the hotels to the south so we can see the east(ocean) side as well as whatever parts of the north sides that are not blocked that would be great. Windows and roof lines are important verification tools. Thanks. I have been thinking about this thread the last two days but have not gotten a chance to review and possibly post a new cc. Hopefully I can this weekend.

I am traveling to Miami in a few days and will take some photos of the Chateau Motel in Sunny Isles' date=' 19115 Ocean Blvd, from the beach. I will be the boots, or in my case sandals, on the ground. Hopefully this may help with CC6. I will also take pics of the surrounding buildings. After re-reading the posts in this thread starting with pg17, that seems to be the most likely location for the Pilot's Turtle Shell Bar. There was a lot of research on this CC already and I'm trying to catch up. Am I right in thinking this is the most likely location? I will ask if anyone remembers Vice filming there. Sometimes that pays off. What should I be looking for specifically, windows in the Motel and surrounding buildings that match the screen caps? Let me know your thoughts on this subject as soon as you can. Thanks.[/quote']Great Jim - yes this was the most likely location.:DMaybe a picture of the alley where C&T pulled up at the side of the old Ramrod location down Washington Avenue?:D

Great Jim - yes this was the most likely location.:DMaybe a picture of the alley where C&T pulled up at the side of the old Ramrod location down Washington Avenue?:D

Funny you mention that because yesterday I was watching John Travolta in the Miami movie' date=' Chains of Gold and I saw him drive by this location giving us proof of how it looked back then.[img']http://www.southfloridafilminglocations.com/wpimages/wp518e1eef.png Definitely matches up 100% :thumbsup:

Funny you mention that because yesterday I was watching John Travolta in the Miami movie" data-date=" Chains of Gold and I saw him drive by this location giving us proof of how it looked back then.[IMG">

http://www.southfloridafilminglocations.com/wpimages/wp518e1eef.png Definitely matches up 100% :thumbsup:

Great work , Jim:D