Calling all Detectives: Group effort

C Glide

I will start with the Ramrod first since I have not found a good picture of it yet and maybe someone else can to confirm it. It was close to Ramano's place and I am sure of Ramano's location. Though Ramano's building is now gone, Historical aerials confirm all the buildings surrounding it and two of the buildings seen in the background are still there which could be used in location trivia;) The approximate address of the Ramrod is 169 S. Pointe Drive, SoBe. I found an old photo and a post card of the Miami Beach Kennel Club where the Ramrod is seen in the bg.Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes Bild It will take a better picture to confirm the location but it makes sense. There is a wall seen in the bg as Crockett arrives at Ramano's on Washington Ave and a similar wall is seen behind C+T in the alley at the start of the ep. when they arrive at the Ramrod.

Ramano's: Eingefügtes Bild41 Washington Avenue. Two buildings remain today: Crockett jumps for cover: Building with balcony is 65 Washington Ave.(green star) Building in further bg is on NE corner of Washington Ave and 1st Street.(tan star in 1st pic)Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes Bild

Very impressive find and great detective work !! :clap::clap: So the tall building you see in the far background are the Brickell Key 1 & 2 Condos, I assume? Sure have the same shape.

Very impressive find and great detective work !! :clap::clap: So the tall building you see in the far background are the Brickell Key 1 & 2 Condos' date=' I assume? Sure have the same shape.[/quote']I drew a line(on Google Earth) down the street and continued it west across the bay and it pretty much bisected Brickell Key so the buildings were in that area.

I drew a line(on Google Earth) down the street and continued it west across the bay and it pretty much bisected Brickell Key so the buildings were in that area.

Take a look at the thread on a message board I found. Try Thisabout halfway down look for a poster by the name of "arivada"

Take a look at the thread on a message board I found. [url="http://boards.globalgreyhounds.com/index.php?/topic/25269-north-american-tracks-ghost-tracks/%5DRamRod Location Confirmation%5B/URL%5Dabout halfway down look for a poster by the name of "arivada"

Not sure why but the link did not work for me.

I will start with the Ramrod first since I have not found a good picture of it yet and maybe someone else can to confirm it. It was close to Ramano's place and I am sure of Ramano's location. Though Ramano's building is now gone" data-date=" Historical aerials confirm all the buildings surrounding it and two of the buildings seen in the background are still there which could be used in location trivia;) The approximate address of the Ramrod is 169 S. Pointe Drive, SoBe. I found an old photo and a post card of the Miami Beach Kennel Club where the Ramrod is seen in the bg.[IMG">

http://www.sffl.comcastbiz.net/wpimages/wp5c51af9e.pngEingefügtes Bild It will take a better picture to confirm the location but it makes sense. There is a wall seen in the bg as Crockett arrives at Ramano's on Washington Ave and a similar wall is seen behind C+T in the alley at the start of the ep. when they arrive at the Ramrod.

I was looking around SoBe the other day on google and I found the hotel Mercury which still exists and which looked possible, even though a tree is now growing between the U shape. Its address is 100 Collins Avenue and it is an old deco building. It is close to the area you're looking at but as you are mentioning a Washington address this cant be the one

Interesting Photo comparison. In 1986 the building we are all hoping is the Ram Rod Hotel seems to be demolished, along with the Dog Track.Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes Bild

The Mercury does not match up structurely. There is a good chance the Ramrod is in the area and so far the building on S Poite Dr/Biscayne by the track is the most likely prospect I see.

I don´t want to be a spoiler, but I doubt that the building on S.Pointe Drive was the Ramrod. First, the 1986 demolition picture above (the episode was shot 17-27 October 1986, so no way that the destruction was started and completed right afterwards; or the demolition aerial is misdated?).Second, on the aerial and the postcards the house front is not parallel to S.Pointe Drive whereas in the episode it seems that the street is running completely parallel to the front of the Ramrod.I wished that this case is closed but I doubt it!But Romano´s place is a great find and the Ramrod must be somewhere nearby for location logistics. It is strange enough that the one location from this ep is downtown (inside the Wachovia building, Crockett&Tubbs are facing the Bank of America Tower) and was used for a few seconds only.

If I recall when we slething the house / apartment a few years ago - it was brought up this location was in the South Pointe drive area of Miami Beach before the redevelopment projects - so a good find :D

I don´t want to be a spoiler' date=' but I doubt that the building on S.Pointe Drive was the Ramrod. First, the 1986 demolition picture above (the episode was shot 17-27 October 1986, so no way that the destruction was started and completed right afterwards; or the demolition aerial is misdated?).Second, on the aerial and the postcards the house front is not parallel to S.Pointe Drive whereas in the episode it seems that the street is running completely parallel to the front of the Ramrod.I wished that this case is closed but I doubt it!But Romano´s place is a great find and the Ramrod must be somewhere nearby for location logistics. It is strange enough that the one location from this ep is downtown (inside the Wachovia building, Crockett&Tubbs are facing the Bank of America Tower) and was used for a few seconds only.[/quote']Romano's was a super find. Charlie is amazing but we all knew that. I had the same question about the dates of the filming and the date of the aerial. I wish we knew exactly when the 86 aerial was taken. I think it is possible they destroyed the entire building in a month or less, Ive seen similar projects take only a week. Remember Vice liked to use abandoned and/or soon to be destroyed buildings because they had to take the place over for the scenes. To me the windows of the S. Pointe Drive building in the old photo of the Miami Beach Dog Track don't match the windows of the Ramrod but the resolution is poor. The parallel street is a problem but right now it's the best and only possibility. Has anyone sent a screen cap of the Ramrod to The Miami Design Preservation League? It looks pre-Deco Period to me but it's a good bet that it was on the Beach and they are a good source. I tried History Miami with no luck.

Romano's was a super find. Charlie is amazing but we all knew that. I had the same question about the dates of the filming and the date of the aerial. I wish we knew exactly when the 86 aerial was taken. I think it is possible they destroyed the entire building in a month or less' date=' Ive seen similar projects take only a week. Remember Vice liked to use abandoned and/or soon to be destroyed buildings because they had to take the place over for the scenes. To me the windows of the S. Pointe Drive building in the old photo of the Miami Beach Dog Track don't match the windows of the Ramrod but the resolution is poor. The parallel street is a problem but right now it's the best and only possibility. Has anyone sent a screen cap of the Ramrod to The Miami Design Preservation League? It looks pre-Deco Period to me but it's a good bet that it was on the Beach and they are a good source. I tried History Miami with no luck.[/quote']I had not contacted them but it is a good idea. The main reason I suspect this may be the Ramrod is it's proximity to Ramano's place. There is also the fact that C+T stop, supposedly next to the Ramrod and they are in an alley that could easily be either Ocean or Collins Ct. There is also (when screeen caps are manipulated to lighten the background) a wall seen behind Crockett when he approaches Vic's at 1 point at night. This wall is to the south at what would be S Pointe Drive. A similar wall is seen behind C+T when they get out in the alley. This would work if they were facing north in either alley. A long way from found but maybe on the right track. If we could find a picture of this building it would answer one way or the other. Was S Pointe Drive formerly known as Biscayne Street?

I had not contacted them but it is a good idea. The main reason I suspect this may be the Ramrod is it's proximity to Ramano's place. There is also the fact that C+T stop' date=' supposedly next to the Ramrod and they are in an alley that could easily be either Ocean or Collins Ct. There is also (when screeen caps are manipulated to lighten the background) a wall seen behind Crockett when he approaches Vic's at 1 point at night. This wall is to the south at what would be S Pointe Drive. A similar wall is seen behind C+T when they get out in the alley. This would work if they were facing north in either alley. A long way from found but maybe on the right track. If we could find a picture of this building it would answer one way or the other. Was S Pointe Drive formerly known as Biscayne Street?[/color']

I agree about the alley when they pull up that looks like it could be Ocean Crt / Collins Crt :D

I had not contacted them but it is a good idea. The main reason I suspect this may be the Ramrod is it's proximity to Ramano's place. There is also the fact that C+T stop' date=' supposedly next to the Ramrod and they are in an alley that could easily be either Ocean or Collins Ct. There is also (when screeen caps are manipulated to lighten the background) a wall seen behind Crockett when he approaches Vic's at 1 point at night. This wall is to the south at what would be S Pointe Drive. A similar wall is seen behind C+T when they get out in the alley. This would work if they were facing north in either alley. A long way from found but maybe on the right track. If we could find a picture of this building it would answer one way or the other. Was S Pointe Drive formerly known as Biscayne Street?[/color']

Charlie - I've just googled the name of Biscayne Street and an advert for Joe's Stone Crab on the Time Out site has come up as being 227 Biscayne Street at Collins Avenue. The online ad looks like it has been on there a while - it is a link to the site of Joe's which now gives their address as being on Washington. On Trulia there is a condo for sale at 200 Biscayne St & it is shown as being on S Pointe. Hope this helps

Charlie - I've just googled the name of Biscayne Street and an advert for Joe's Stone Crab on the Time Out site has come up as being 227 Biscayne Street at Collins Avenue. The online ad looks like it has been on there a while - it is a link to the site of Joe's which now gives their address as being on Washington. On Trulia there is a condo for sale at 200 Biscayne St & it is shown as being on S Pointe. Hope this helps

Thanks, it may help locate a picture. The vents we see behind C+T as they arrive in the alley may possibly be Joe's.

Thanks' date=' it may help locate a picture. The vents we see behind C+T as they arrive in the alley may possibly be Joe's.[/quote']The alley / vents could hold the key - anyone live nearby ?:D

Alley Scenes?Can someone have a look at this screen cap and also go to the Historic Aerials site to have a closer look, this could possibly be where the Alley scenes were filmed. Eingefügtes Bild

Thanks' date=' it may help locate a picture. The vents we see behind C+T as they arrive in the alley may possibly be Joe's.[/quote']Just found a site while I was trying to find non-recent photos of Joe's. Again this picture below is of Biscayne St. The site is neat - in the blog there are old photos I've not seen of Miami Beach before so who knows, they may help in other cases - the site is http://snbauthor.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/archived-photographs-of-miami-beach.html[ATTACH=CONFIG]6321[/ATTACH]

post-178-13892964641963_thumb.jpg