Calling all Detectives: Group effort

C Glide

Wow Sue' date=' good work ! :clap:[/quote']Thanks Pink!! Good work re the Granat family too. What a pity the "Ramrod" has gone the same way as the Senator ... an undeveloped piece of land being used as a car park.

For several years prior to the 1929 opening of Miami Beach's first Jewish house of worship' date=' Temple Beth Jacob on 311 Washington Avenue, services were held at the Granat family owned David Court Hotel, at 56 Washington Avenue.[/quote']That makes sense of some articles I found from the 30's that stated so and so Rabbi was travelling from New York and staying at the St David Court.Nice find that is for sure the Ramrod w see in the photo.

That makes sense of some articles I found from the 30's that stated so and so Rabbi was travelling from New York and staying at the St David Court.
On the Jewish Museum of Miami Beach site' date=' they mention the services used to be held on the roof of St. David Court before a synagogue was built for the growing Jewish population who weren't allowed to live north of 5th at that time.
Nice find that is for sure the Ramrod w see in the photo.
Thanks CGlide. It was exciting to find the picture

On the Jewish Museum of Miami Beach site' date=' they mention the services used to be held on the roof of St. David Court before a synagogue was built for the growing Jewish population who weren't allowed to live north of 5th at that time.Thanks CGlide. It was exciting to find the picture[/quote']Great find Sue, and super work from everyone. Made my day for sure.

Great find Sue' date=' and super work from everyone. Made my day for sure.[/quote']Jim, the website under my first posting of the picture has some very good original photos that might interest you for your writing

CC10:I was just taking a look at The Great McCarthy and I discovered something which leads me to introduce cold case 10. I think this one should be relatively less hard to solve for a cold case compared to some of the other seemingly impossible cases we have solved. I say this because of the "limiting factors" that I see. The location is fairly limited as to where it could be. I am talking about Vanessa's house as we see it at the end of the episode. I took a couple of screen captures and increased the adaptive lighting shedding light into the shadows. Several things appeared that make it findable" data-date=" possibly readily findable.Photo 10-A:[IMG">

http://www.sffl.comcastbiz.net/wpimages/wpc9a02cfd.pngPhoto 10-B:Eingefügtes Bild1) There appears to be a sizeable private boat in the background.2) The driveway goes up a man made incline toward the home.3) There is a narrow residential street that the driveway comes off of and behind it is water. It appears the road travels immediately along the waters edge.4) There is land or possibly a causeway in the background right.5) The driveway is not a cheapy but a nice and unique red colored drive.6) The drive has a unique shape as it comes off the street and then appears to exist both to the right and left.Photo 10-C:Eingefügtes Bild7) It appears that the front doors should be readily visible from the street and they are unique.There are limited occasions where the road runs along the water so it should be findable. I am going to fire up my google earth plane now and start looking. Study the pictures and let me know what you see and think.

Hot off the team effort of finding the Ram Rod, now let's see if we can find Vanessa's house! :D

Hot off the team effort of finding the Ram Rod' date=' now let's see if we can find Vanessa's house! :D[/quote']I agree with you & Matt :DWhen we last were on this case, I was looking along Harbor Drive, Key Biscayne. There were expensive-looking paved driveways and there is water on the opposite side of the road. Later I will be looking at the current map view & street view versus the 1980s aerial one. It's been said on here that they are not allowed to build on Key Biscayne but they can remodel. If anyone has exhausted this particular stretch of road, please let me know & I'll look elsewhere. Thanks!!

I agree with you & Matt :DWhen we last were on this case' date=' I was looking along Harbor Drive, Key Biscayne. There were expensive-looking paved driveways and there is water on the opposite side of the road. Later I will be looking at the current map view & street view versus the 1980s aerial one. It's been said on here that they are not allowed to build on Key Biscayne but they can remodel. If anyone has exhausted this particular stretch of road, please let me know & I'll look elsewhere. Thanks!![/quote']from a location logistics perspective, the house should be on Key Biscayne (as other locations of this ep are there too). But disturbs me a bit is the "causeway"-like road in the background which is an argument against Key Biscayne.

from a location logistics perspective' date=' the house should be on Key Biscayne (as other locations of this ep are there too). But disturbs me a bit is the "causeway"-like road in the background which is an argument against Key Biscayne.[/quote']I'm in. I will take a fresh look at it.

I rewatched Golden Triangle parts one & two last night: as Lao Li's house is in Key Biscayne, I wondered if Castillo's wife's home might be there too (if vice liked to have their locations close together) or if it is in Aventura, seeing that they used the Turnberry Isle condos? I don't know Aventura so am not sure if we might find her home here.I know we are looking for Vanessa's house but I thought the two locations might overlap given McCarthy's villa and Lao Li's are in the same area, and filmed quite close together time-wise that the location manager could have chosen them for logistics purposes?

I rewatched Golden Triangle parts one & two last night: as Lao Li's house is in Key Biscayne' date=' I wondered if Castillo's wife's home might be there too (if vice liked to have their locations close together) or if it is in Aventura, seeing that they used the Turnberry Isle condos? I don't know Aventura so am not sure if we might find her home here.I know we are looking for Vanessa's house but I thought the two locations might overlap given McCarthy's villa and Lao Li's are in the same area, and filmed quite close together time-wise that the location manager could have chosen them for logistics purposes?[/quote']Good point Doenst look like Aventura more Key Biscayne - love to find that little house :thumbsup::D

I saw that thread but don't have the movie. I will take a look at the clips soon to see if it matches but first; I will introduce Cold Case 7:From episode 14 Golden Triangle" data-date=" the home of Castillo">

http://www.southfloridafilminglocations.com/wpimages/wp8ba38d8b.png[Photo B}Eingefügtes Bild

I have found a promising site for Castillo's wife's house on Key Biscayne, along Harbor Drive. This is the only road on KB which is by the water and which has a yellow line along the middle. I also looked at the placements of the concrete streetlamps as this is what was behind Castillo as he walked up to her house (marked in orange on my photo). Below is an aerial shot from 1986: there is a pool right up to the back of the house, there is a long drive and the house has a protruding section which could have been the car-port. In front of the protruding section is a large bush and this is seen as Castillo leaves her house. Wife's house marked with red cross, neighbour opposite marked with blue cross[ATTACH=CONFIG]6335[/ATTACH]Aerial shot of same area from 2007:[ATTACH=CONFIG]6336[/ATTACH]Picture below is taken from google maps aerial as this is a clearer current shot [ATTACH=CONFIG]6337[/ATTACH]Finally this is from google street view - I've shown the split screen so you can see the way it is facing towards the lamppost. The lamp is on the correct side of the road for the location:[ATTACH=CONFIG]6338[/ATTACH]I have so got my fingers crossed on this one, guys!!!

post-178-13892964671919_thumb.jpg

post-178-13892964672088_thumb.jpg

post-178-13892964672488_thumb.jpg

post-178-13892964672656_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Castillo's wife's houseFollowing my earlier post today, here's a shot from bing aerial maps showing the house (marked red), site of neighbour's house (blue) and lamppost (orange). There is still what looks to be a car port and a bush in front of this so maybe it remained when they rebuit? I've marked this with a black arrow.[ATTACH=CONFIG]6339[/ATTACH]

post-178-13892964672824_thumb.jpg

Interesting find , Sue. :DThat is 730 Harbor Dr. House was built in 1967 and has been renovated , looking at the 1986 aerial photo and comparing it to a 2005 aerial photo really shows us the changes this house went through.The drive way certainly could fit and the raised small section of roofing looks to be there as well. Could this be it!?! :checkbox:

Congrats, Sue! After scrutiny, I think at a chance of 99% that this is it!No wonder that we could not find it. Same story as with the Ramrod. House is long gone or (in this case) completely remodelled. But the knock-out criteria yellow-lane road, C-shaped driveway of opposite neighbor, walkway of Castillo nearly exactly vis a vis of left C- of opposite neighbor, concrete pole, water behind the house and location logistics (proximity to other locations of this ep on Key Biscayne) add up to a 99% likelyhood. Thank God that we have historicaerials with sat pics of 1986! . To be 100%, we would need a street view of 1984 which is impossible to get.For me it enough, to close this case.CGlide and team: what do you folks say? Confirm?

Congrats' date=' Sue! After scrutiny, I think at a chance of 99% that this is it!No wonder that we could not find it. Same story as with the Ramrod. House is long gone or (in this case) completely remodelled. But the knock-out criteria yellow-lane road, C-shaped driveway of opposite neighbor, walkway of Castillo nearly exactly vis a vis of left C- of opposite neighbor, concrete pole, water behind the house and location logistics (proximity to other locations of this ep on Key Biscayne) add up to a 99% likelyhood. Thank God that we have historicaerials with sat pics of 1986! . To be 100%, we would need a street view of 1984 which is impossible to get.For me it enough, to close this case.CGlide and team: what do you folks say? Confirm?[/quote']I'm in !!It will most likely be very difficult to confirm this 100% (without help from a Vice LM) and the more I look at the aerial photos from 86', I think it has all the the markings of "THE" house. So, I agree with you Tom, this is it. :thumbsup:Once again, great work Sue. :clap::clap:

I did another check with comparing episode stills and the historicaerials picture to be sure. It all matches up:1. opposite neighbor with C-shaped dark (asphalt) driveway (to be seen behind Castillo)2. opposite neighbor´s C-driveway is shifted approx. 5 yards to the right compared to driveway Castillo is using to get to house3. distance from main street to house (long driveway which we found unusual) matches episode4. concrete lightpole to the left of opposite neighbor´s C-shaped driveway5. main road (two lanes, yellow lane in the middle)6. bush at the tight where May Ying´s driveway meets main road7. May Ying´s driveway is dark (asphalt) too as opposed to main street which is grey 8. driveway of May Ying takes right curve before the house (C-shaped driveway which is only half seen on TV), but at half the curve there is a paved part going to the left of the house. This matches exactly with the shots where Crockett&Tubbs watch the house and the night time shot of the property.9. The house itself: the quadrant flat roof on top that looks Asian style is there10. the pattern of the house including the garage fits up too.Bottom line: 100% sure, that´s it for me.

I did another check with comparing episode stills and the historicaerials picture to be sure. It all matches up:1. opposite neighbor with C-shaped dark (asphalt) driveway (to be seen behind Castillo)2. opposite neighbor´s C-driveway is shifted approx. 5 yards to the right compared to driveway Castillo is using to get to house3. distance from main street to house (long driveway which we found unusual) matches episode4. concrete lightpole to the left of opposite neighbor´s C-shaped driveway5. main road (two lanes' date=' yellow lane in the middle)6. bush at the tight where May Ying´s driveway meets main road7. May Ying´s driveway is dark (asphalt) too as opposed to main street which is grey 8. driveway of May Ying takes right curve before the house (C-shaped driveway which is only half seen on TV), but at half the curve there is a paved part going to the left of the house. This matches exactly with the shots where Crockett&Tubbs watch the house and the night time shot of the property.9. The house itself: the quadrant flat roof on top that looks Asian style is there10. the pattern of the house including the garage fits up too.Bottom line: 100% sure, that´s it for me.[/quote']Nice work, Tom! :clap::clap:

I did another check with comparing episode stills and the historicaerials picture to be sure. It all matches up:1. opposite neighbor with C-shaped dark (asphalt) driveway (to be seen behind Castillo)2. opposite neighbor´s C-driveway is shifted approx. 5 yards to the right compared to driveway Castillo is using to get to house3. distance from main street to house (long driveway which we found unusual) matches episode4. concrete lightpole to the left of opposite neighbor´s C-shaped driveway5. main road (two lanes' date=' yellow lane in the middle)6. bush at the tight where May Ying´s driveway meets main road7. May Ying´s driveway is dark (asphalt) too as opposed to main street which is grey 8. driveway of May Ying takes right curve before the house (C-shaped driveway which is only half seen on TV), but at half the curve there is a paved part going to the left of the house. This matches exactly with the shots where Crockett&Tubbs watch the house and the night time shot of the property.9. The house itself: the quadrant flat roof on top that looks Asian style is there10. the pattern of the house including the garage fits up too.Bottom line: 100% sure, that´s it for me.[/quote']Great , Tom:clap::thumbsup::D

6339[/ATTACH]

Yup, nice work Sue. Great job. I see nothing that would rule it out and plenty that matches up. My next trip I will go there in person and I bet then I will be able to match up more small items to further confirm it. I would say, found.:thumbsup:

I went back and took a look at the pool which is the main thing that had originally thrown me off as I thought for some reason that the pool was a rectangular shape. I see now that it was round on Vice which also matches up as does the fact that the driveway leads to and from the road at an angle other than 90 degrees which is unusual. :thumbsup:

:clap:

Yup' date=' nice work Sue. Great job. I see nothing that would rule it out and plenty that matches up. My next trip I will go there in person and I bet then I will be able to match up more small items to further confirm it. I would say, found.:thumbsup:[/color']

Thanks everyone! I was so delighted when I initially found the location this morning then when I did more checks with it, so my excitement grew. Only problem was that nobody was online as it was still early morning here in the UK. I am so glad you're confirming that it's his wife's house. We wouldn't have been able to do this if it hadn't been for the aerial photography site we were introduced to by one of our members (PinkFlaming0?) :clap: :clap:

Great work Sue :):thumbsup::thumbsup: I have a feeling' date=' that Vanessa's house is on Key Biscayne too.[/quote']9:5 that Vanessa´s house has also been massively remodelled and thus will be hard to find.