Calling all Detectives: Group effort

C Glide

Just published Love at First Sight on my site but there are a few locations that should be found. Two with addresses or at least partial addresses but I still did not locate them.:rolleyes: Something to look for.

I went to the Biltmore Today in Coral Gables - and the scene from "Freefall" we thought was filmed at The Alexander ( where C&T meet Baker ) after the Ship of Fools montage - was indeed filmed at the Biltmore in the Country club area - the mezzanine level - I saw the room Today - :DIs there no thread for "Freefall' I couldnt find it in the thread.:D

I went to the Biltmore Today in Coral Gables - and the scene from "Freefall" we thought was filmed at The Alexander ( where C&T meet Baker ) after the Ship of Fools montage - was indeed filmed at the Biltmore in the Country club area - the mezzanine level - I saw the room Today - :DIs there no thread for "Freefall' I couldnt find it in the thread.:D

Good work, Matt ! :D

Who thought that? I thought that was pretty clearly the Biltmore. Beautiful location.

Who thought that? I thought that was pretty clearly the Biltmore. Beautiful location.

Matt5 is right. At one time there was briefly the assumption by someone (I forgot who it was) in the group that the Baker argument was filmed in the Alexander Hotel, before we nailed it for the Biltmore. It doesn´t matter now. Think about some crazy ideas we had when searching for some locations before we finally found it. It would be funny to go back and see (in hindsight) which wrong tracks we pursued....

Matt5 is right. At one time there was briefly the assumption by someone (I forgot who it was) in the group that the Baker argument was filmed in the Alexander Hotel' date=' before we nailed it for the Biltmore. It doesn´t matter now. Think about some crazy ideas we had when searching for some locations before we finally found it. It would be funny to go back and see (in hindsight) which wrong tracks we pursued....[/quote']Yeah, there would be a bunch but that in a way is what makes it fun. If they were all easy it would not be fun. It's not the destination but the journey. I look back at some of the early eps. (where I have spent the most time) and laugh at how far we have come as those locations often look easy now but were at the time allot of effort to find.

Possible location of Vanessa's. A new house was built on this lot in 2008 but the old house that was there when Vice filmed The Great McCarthy seems to match including the driveway and proximity to water. The house across the street (1421 W 21st Street) is shrouded in trees so I have not been able to tell if it has windows that match what we see in the background. If we could find pictures of the house and or area from that period it could confirm or deny the location. 2111 Lake Ave. Miami Beach.Eingefügtes Bild

Excellent!Looking at the (flat roof) house across the street on Google maps, it is relatively unchanged other then the plants/trees have gotten bigger. One question that came to mind was, in the screen caps of Vanessa's house, the one across the street had what seemed to be a silhouette of a causeway in the background and water behind the house, is that correct?

Excellent!Looking at the (flat roof) house across the street on Google maps' date=' it is relatively unchanged other then the plants/trees have gotten bigger. One question that came to mind was, in the screen caps of Vanessa's house, the one across the street had what seemed to be a silhouette of a causeway in the background and water behind the house, is that correct?[/quote']Yes, I am thinking this matches up but far from definitly the place. The house across the street, still on the island is the one that might have the matching windows. I am looking at the historic aerials web site and looking for any places that have a building and driveway oriented in the same way close to the water. Basically eliminating the places it can't be and seeing what is left.

Matt5 is right. At one time there was briefly the assumption by someone (I forgot who it was) in the group that the Baker argument was filmed in the Alexander Hotel' date=' before we nailed it for the Biltmore. It doesn´t matter now. Think about some crazy ideas we had when searching for some locations before we finally found it. It would be funny to go back and see (in hindsight) which wrong tracks we pursued....[/quote']That was why I was so chuffed - because I had looked in the Biltmore before and this location from "Freefall" is in the Country Club building in the Danielson / Mezzanine room which is a hidden gem as its not in the main building and is closed to the public as it is used for functions . But you wouldnt know if you just looked in the Biltmore .Kudos to the MV production team for shipping DJ , PMT and the actor who played Baker for this short scene after the Biltmore establishing shot :D

Yes' date=' I am thinking this matches up but far from definitly the place. The house across the street, still on the island is the one that might have the matching windows. I am looking at the historic aerials web site and looking for any places that have a building and driveway oriented in the same way close to the water. Basically eliminating the places it can't be and seeing what is left.[/quote']Question:Vanessa's house have spiral staircase inside by the front door, so wouldn't the other wall have a 180 degree curve and be visible from the front?Eingefügtes Bild

Could be a good point' date=' Pink Flamingo :D[/quote']Likely but not absolutely. Great observation, it may come in very handy.

Likely but not absolutely. Great observation' date=' it may come in very handy.[/quote']I wonder what the relevance could be of the circular staircase - could be relevant :D

It made think about looking at this house again. Notice the yellow high lighted area, the curved outer wall.Eingefügtes Bild

Yeah we have looked at that house before and the driveway matches beautifully' date=' however; at the time of Vice filming the lots across the street were vacant.[/quote']Yeah, and If I remember correctly we ruled this out because that. Onward and upward!:D

I was watching Trust Fund Pirates today and noticed at end, during the shootout, they use two different pools. The one from 28 Harbor Point and the neighboring pool at 98 Harbor Point.98 Harbor PointEingefügtes Bild28 Harbor PointEingefügtes Bild

• Like 1

Ref Pilot's beach scene. Another Sunny Isles postcard. This one shows the Castaways. [ATTACH=CONFIG]7657[/ATTACH]

post-16-13892965355167_thumb.jpg

Ref Pilot's beach scene. Another Sunny Isles postcard. This one shows the Castaways. [ATTACH=CONFIG]7657[/ATTACH]

Amazing building in the island :D