Calling all Detectives: Group effort

C Glide

I am planning a trip for march and plans for this hotel make a difference. If for sure the exteriors will stay the same then I will come down March 18th. If they are threatened I will make plans to come down a week earlier. Can't wait to see the pictures you took.

• Like 2

I am planning a trip for march and plans for this hotel make a difference. If for sure the exteriors will stay the same then I will come down March 18th. If they are threatened I will make plans to come down a week earlier. Can't wait to see the pictures you took.

Got to ask Jeremy, is this your biggest location find since you started MV location sleuthing?  I'm beyond excited about this location being discovered, i thought for sure it would be gone to new development. Congrats again! :cheers:

• Like 2

There all big! lol. It is certainly a long time mystery that I had put a good bit of time into. But there are some I hold in higher esteem just because of the search and how I found them. This hotel was a result of a tip in an e-mail generated from my website. One of the things I hoped would happen  when I started my site is that people would help find unknown locations and over time several locations in movies and tv have been found because of leads from the web sites. I am super grateful for the tip and glad I could share the location of this hallowed ground.

• Like 2

Thankyou guys - noone seemed to know of the importance to MV and the Pilot episode . The deck bar has changed so most shots are recreatable except the girl coming out of the door on the boardwalk. 

Pink Flaming0 - thankyou for your kind words . Noone had any idea of the relevance of MV .

SoflaJeremy - yes I would say you are safe - I was told quote "some gutting " of the interiors would take place but the exterior framework and outside would remain untouched this was by the Reception Manager so I hope its true. 

This in my view is one of the most important locations found in a while .  :D  :fireworks:

• Like 1

Hope this is not too far astray here. I just had a desire to check on another old unsolved case. Figured, sometimes fresh eyes might pick up on something. Only this is not Vice but Scarface. Anyone interested? I believe that the Little Havana Restaurant where they get there first job is id downtown LA. I further believe the number seen on the building, 375 is likely real.

Eingefügtes Bild

There are two lanes of traffic in each direction.  The building (restaurant) ends and we see the nightclub building directly across the street.

Eingefügtes Bild

This is the closest I have found so far. 300 block of Crocker St. Note the unique drop down roof line.

Eingefügtes Bild

Eingefügtes Bild

Anyone want to play, There are some other screen caps I can post to help where I have lightened the shadows.

I think I may have found it and have ruled out nearly all other possibilities. Very strong contender:

Building  and parking lot match perfectly but have since been torn down.

even position relative to intersection and each other is correct. 375 2nd Street dt LA. building to south is right length and correct number of windows. All look like perfect fit. Now need to track down old pictures of location.

Eingefügtes Bild

• 1 month later...

Time for a new case. I did some work on Redemption In Blood today and There is a good unknown case. Burnett's place. The house is on the water and little is seen out the windows but I believe there are still plenty of clues to track it down. Some clues I noticed: The rear of the house looks out onto a relatively wide section of bay before we see the next piece of land, at least wider than most canals and most likely we are viewing West, SW. I say that because I am betting it was filmed in the afternoon and in the final scene the sun is lower and reflecting off the water into the house. There is an end of land most likely the end of an Island but possibly a peninsula seen at a couple points out the bedroom window. Burnett's house is opposite that Island about 4 lots from the end. There is a circular staircase outside the bedroom on the exterior of the house. My bet is that it goes up to a rooftop sky garden as most houses in the area are only two floors. The third floor or roof extends further out than the second floor at the rear of the house and distinct support columns are seen. The pool looks uniquely shaped  (little we see of it)  with angles. The house does not appear to be wide which may indicate, smaller, narrower lots. When El Gato opens the door at the end and is jumped by the cat, they make it seem like he is opening the door to another room, but to me it clearly looks like the front door. Double wide, near stairs, and an alarm pad just inside. There is what looks like an out building of sorts like the one we see on Sunset Island where we see them fight dogs. See pictures below. I took about an hour scan but did not see anything yet. Happy hunting...

Eingefügtes Bild Eingefügtes Bild Eingefügtes Bild Eingefügtes Bild

• Like 3

Watched this episode last night while looking at google maps... it's going to be a tough one to find but if we all band together, I think we can do it. :fireworks::thumbsup:

• Like 2

Totally agree. Glad you are on board. We can find it. The circular stairs on the exterior should be visible. The fact that it is opposite a piece of land that ends abruptly not to far past it. The support columns at the rear all make me feel it is def. findable.

• Like 2

I've searched quite a few blocks on the water that would had a W/SW view out the back with no luck.  Of course you would get about the same effect with sunlight if the scenes were shot in the early morning.  Does anyone know if they ever shot at this time of day?  It is hard to believe that the actors would have gotten up this early etc.  I guess they could have been filming all night because they were under a time crunch to finish the ep??

Edited by miamijimf
  • Like 2

I've searched quite a few blocks on the water that would had a W/SW view out the back with no luck.  Of course you would get about the same effect with sunlight if the scenes were shot in the early morning.  Does anyone know if they ever shot at this time of day?  It is hard to believe that the actors would have gotten up this early etc.  I guess they could have been filming all night because they were under a time crunch to finish the ep??

Good points, Jim. I suppose they could have started shooting early evening into the night to film all the "night scenes" as well. Some variables there for sure..  :p

Also, as some of you may already do like me, while looking for one location/house/building, I tend to keep an eye out for other locations/houses/buildings that have yet to be found or unsolved. :thumbsup: 

• Like 1

I have a lot of production reports and shooting mostly started around 7am, except when they had a late night shooting until 1 or 2 in the morning, them they started later at 9 or 10 am. This was really hard work, and it is definetely possible that they started early morning with this scene.
  • Like 3

Roof Top view shows the spiral staircase to roof garden

Eingefügtes Bild

I think this is it, which would make it a great and a very fast find!

Now CGlide has no excuse for not finishing Redemption in Blood on his site as all locations of this ep have been found now :-)

• Like 2

Here is a link with interior photos.

http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/25-N-Hibiscus-Dr-Miami-Beach-FL-33139/43895082_zpid/

Unfortunately no photo contained that is a clear match with the episode scenes. This and a second real estate site I have found indicate that the house was built in 2000 which would exclude usage in MV. But maybe Historic Aerials can clarify if this piece of information is genuine.

Wow... I missed that contradiction... very funny...

The price seems very low for a house plus property even for early 90s standards.

Likelihood that this is the right house is still at 95%. How many white houses with outer spiral staircases near the waterside can potentially be located in Greater Miami?

Hard evidence: the number of parallel white guide rails matches with the episode as do the vertical squareshaped columns and the 2 story lay out. The only thing that does not match is the missing cover of the spiral staircase that can be seen behind El Gato. But this coul have been removed since 1988.

the remaining 5% can only be delivered when we get interior photos of the balcony and the interior stairs like seen in the episode. Maybe Matt and CGlide should start another trip to Miami....

Edited by Tom
  • Like 1