THE UNHAPPY THREAD!

Christine

things that make me unhappy:clothes hangerstoilet seatsmobility scooterscyclists who go through red lightsgovernmentmiserable shop assistants who act like I'm doing them a favourthe fact that it takes a man a nanosecond & a woman an age ;)the national health servicechavsfish...i'll think of some more

I'd say I reflect the same on many of these issues Chloe.Things that make me unhappy...Big, Big GovernmentExtreme LiberalismWasteful spendingBuying expensive oil from foreign countries when we have enough cheap oil on U.S. soil for hundreds of years, and not allowed to drill on our own soil due to extreme enviornmentalists.The mainstream mediaDriving while texting, or driving while talking on a cell phoneOccupy wall streetGovernment bailoutsHigher taxesHigh unemploymentNation debtObamacareWelfareIllegal immigrationMean, unthoughtful people People eating food in a grocery store while shopping, without paying for it yetOpening the door for someone, and they walk in without looking at you, or even saying "thank you" as if your a doormanRap musicAnimal crueltyKardashians

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Christine

• alleycat

• LNGLK

• CarolineUK

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'd say I reflect the same on many of these issues Chloe.Things that make me unhappy...Big' date=' Big GovernmentExtreme LiberalismWasteful spendingBuying expensive oil from foreign countries when we have enough cheap oil on U.S. soil for hundreds of years, and not allowed to drill on our own soil due to extreme enviornmentalists.The mainstream mediaDriving while texting, or driving while talking on a cell phoneOccupy wall streetGovernment bailoutsHigher taxesHigh unemploymentNation debtObamacareWelfareIllegal immigrationMean, unthoughtful people People eating food in a grocery store while shopping, without paying for it yetOpening the door for someone, and they walk in without looking at you, or even saying "thank you" as if your a doormanRap musicAnimal crueltyKardashians[/quote']Seconded...but of course we are married so we would agree wouldnt we? ;) You can open a door for me anytime Mr C&B & would politely thank you & WHO are the Kardashians? they are always in the papers here, i even googled them, but i am still none the wiser about what they actually do?

Seconded...but of course we are married so we would agree wouldnt we? ;) You can open a door for me anytime Mr C&B & would politely thank you & WHO are the Kardashians? they are always in the papers here' date=' i even googled them, but i am still none the wiser about what they actually do?[/quote']As my internet wife, I also must agree with YOU Mrs. C&B....I think most people would like to know why any of the Kardashians are famous, or what they do. Nobody actually knows.....(or cares)

YOU Mrs. C&B....I think most people would like to know why any of the Kardashians are famous, or what they do. Nobody actually knows.....(or cares)

hahaha.....i thought maybe there was something i should know, like some major charitable donation or major achievement of some kind. Kim Kardashians divorce has even been in the 'quality' press...the mind boggles!!Another thing on the listjunk mailinserts in papers magazine for things i will never ever in 3 lifetimes need....like a heated slipper!

• 4 months later...

Flu and Fibromyalgia do not a good mix make :sick:

Ohhhh noooo......is anyone taking care of you? I sure hope so.

Ohhhh noooo......is anyone taking care of you? I sure hope so.

I managed six hours of an eight hour shift and am now flat on my back in bed. Lots of staff and clients have got it... it is doing the rounds everywhere...

Thanks Christine - I am able to breathe a bit better today... and think I will manage a whole eight hours at work... I still sound as if I have a peg on my nose though!;)

• 2 months later...

This was propably the right thread to post this in, since I couldn't find any other one.Our old family dog that lived with my old man went to doggy heaven today.My old man called me and told me the news. He was obviously pretty crushed, since our pet dog was my dad's best friend for 12 years. He would have turned 13 this summer.In memoriam Piki the dog 1999 - 2012Farewell old friend.[ATTACH=CONFIG]6077[/ATTACH]

post-10428-13892964495103_thumb.jpg

6077[/ATTACH]

I am so sorry to hear that.I know the feeling with pets.Myself I have had to put down a pet for health reasons.I would have rather they died peacefully in there sleep though.So I know how it feels to lose a pet.So sorry.RIP

6077[/ATTACH]

Markwey, I'm sorry to hear of your loss. :cry: Piki was a lovely, friendly looking dog. He looks to be a Belgian Shepherd?Pets are so precious.:happy: I have a little doggie of my own, who is in his senior years.

I feel very sorry, Markwey. I know well how you feel. I had to put my old dog Alvaro (he was 10 3/4 years old) to sleep on 20th of December 2010. It´s always hard to loose such a good friend. I often think about him and I´m sure that you´ll do the same with Piki.

• 4 months later...

I just got hit in the chest right now.I just found out a friend of mine died today of cancer.I have a tough exterior and interior but this hit me in the gut and I feel physically ill.This is so hard to type this right now.I really need a shot of Jack right now.

I just got hit in the chest right now.I just found out a friend of mine died today of cancer.I have a tough exterior and interior but this hit me in the gut and I feel physically ill.This is so hard to type this right now.I really need a shot of Jack right now.

This is dedicated to my friend today

http-~~-//youtu.be/lZA1syv5h5M

RIP friend of my friend!Alleycat - I am with you.

Thank you bluepearl.I need my friends I am totally lost right now.As I got the news I grabbed the bottle of Jack.I am totally speechless and numb right now.

• 5 months later...

I am unhappy! :thumbsdown:I am to be put under tomorrow so the doc can take a peek w/some crazy straw down into my gullet to check for heartburn issues. I like my occasional Jack as much as Sonny, but never to the point of losing control. That is what my fear is about this procedure, that I'll be temporarily without my faculties, not- fun- at -all. Have any of you out there survived this kind of thing? I had a nightmare where all the docs were holding me down as I struggled to escape, and there were no hot ones, terrible.

I am unhappy! :thumbsdown:I am to be put under tomorrow so the doc can take a peek w/some crazy straw down into my gullet to check for heartburn issues. I like my occasional Jack as much as Sonny' date=' but never to the point of losing control. That is what my fear is about this procedure, that I'll be temporarily without my faculties, not- fun- at -all. Have any of you out there survived this kind of thing? I had a nightmare where all the docs were holding me down as I struggled to escape, and there were no hot ones, terrible.[/quote']OMG,Sorry about abbreviation but this is serious stuff no nickels and dime stuff.I wish you a speedy recovery Cagey and hope everything goes well.Myself I have never been through it before the reason I don't like hospitals, doctors I better be unconscious or dying to get me in the hospital.For me most likely it will be a heart attack don't real care.I enjoyed my life to a point and rest is not very important but that's me.I will be thinking of you Cagey :happy: the only icon I could think of putting up.Take Care my friend

I am unhappy! :thumbsdown:I am to be put under tomorrow so the doc can take a peek w/some crazy straw down into my gullet to check for heartburn issues. I like my occasional Jack as much as Sonny' date=' but never to the point of losing control. That is what my fear is about this procedure, that I'll be temporarily without my faculties, not- fun- at -all. Have any of you out there survived this kind of thing? I had a nightmare where all the docs were holding me down as I struggled to escape, and there were no hot ones, terrible.[/quote']Hi gageyJG!PHEW !I know how you :eek: must feel.Please... I am not sure if I get you right in full but maybe I can take a bit by your understandable sorrows.gageyJG...I was as doc assistent involved in many many many of such examinations on patients - over 20 years.The kind of these examinations has changed a lot and all patients have survived :D.But..ALL have had the same thoughts about like you !Please believe me - you will get a kind of sedative.Most likely NOW as spray in your throat.That kills in full any gag reflex. You will stand this examination in rest. NO WORRIES.All of these patients I have accompanied with these examinations were standing up after that with a smile on their face and the words: 'OMG :rolleyes: - and I have missed my sleep in the last nights because of this joke.'And... one thing is sure - you will again meet very NICE nurses around you :p !Please don't be as worried to much - it is not as bad as you imagine now. I am with you.

I am unhappy! :thumbsdown:I am to be put under tomorrow so the doc can take a peek w/some crazy straw down into my gullet to check for heartburn issues. I like my occasional Jack as much as Sonny' date=' but never to the point of losing control. That is what my fear is about this procedure, that I'll be temporarily without my faculties, not- fun- at -all. Have any of you out there survived this kind of thing? I had a nightmare where all the docs were holding me down as I struggled to escape, and there were no hot ones, terrible.[/quote']I hope it won't be too painful when you wake up and above all that you recover fast!Take care of yourself and big hug :happy:

• Administrators
I am unhappy! :thumbsdown:I am to be put under tomorrow so the doc can take a peek w/some crazy straw down into my gullet to check for heartburn issues. I like my occasional Jack as much as Sonny' date=' but never to the point of losing control. That is what my fear is about this procedure, that I'll be temporarily without my faculties, not- fun- at -all. Have any of you out there survived this kind of thing? I had a nightmare where all the docs were holding me down as I struggled to escape, and there were no hot ones, terrible.[/quote']Not to worry pal. My 83 year old mother had that proceedure done recently. Piece of cake :cake:

Thing that annoyed me recently? Toyota Solara! To change plugs and wires on this thing, you HAVE TO remove the intake plenum. Not bad, right? WRONG! You have to remove the TWO HIDING bolts at the back of the plenum that you have to have little tiny hands to get to, not meathooks like mine! Needless to say it took me three hours to get those two bolts out. THEN, to top it all off, the plug boots under the coils were all corroded to the coils, and the terminals on the coils were corroded too. So, what should have taken a couple hours, took three parts store runs, and almost six hours! UUUUUGH!Ripper