What Are You Listening To Right Now?

James

On 9/19/2020 at 3:44 PM, Marc said:

Yeah I only discovered them that night while drunk. :dance: 

I read a really negative review of the latest album that only awarded it a 5/10. It said they were pastiche and too similar to Simple Minds and Spandau Ballet.

This one might be my favourite by them and from 2018.

5/10 is pretty harsch. they're creative, and it's pretty rare nowadays. i think they deserve a bit better

Edited by jpaul1

28 minutes ago, Marc said:

I found the name of the song I was desperately searching for. :radio:

Sounds like a party with a bunch of hookers and cocaine right before our heroes bust EVERYONE IN THE ROOM! :clap:

• Haha 1

The arpeggiated synths and drums on this live version of “Everything’s Gone Green” by New Order really seems Jan Hammer/Miami Vice-esque! There’s some other weird sounds in there... But definitely seems reminiscent of MV Theme and a few other themes. Check it out!

Edited by AndrewRemington
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, AndrewRemington said:

The arpeggiated synths and drums on this live version of “Everything’s Gone Green” by New Order really seems Jan Hammer/Miami Vice-esque! There’s some other weird sounds in there... But definitely seems reminiscent of MV Theme and a few other themes. Check it out!

Thankyou - very Vicey!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bren10 said:

RIP. I miss this man.

Sounds WAY better than the album version! On the album version, his voice is way pitched up to make him sound like a woman. I wish they would have released it like this on the album.

I love Prince. He was something else!

Edited by AndrewRemington

The last days while knitting I always listened to PMTs two albums. He's got a great voice, but I don't like all his songs. "LIving the book of my life" contains, in my opinion, his best songs. 

• Like 1

There are several songs on the album "Living the book of my life" that could've played in Vice. One of my favorite is "She's a liar", but I can't find a link to copy here

Edited by Christine