What Are You Listening To Right Now?

James

Wasn’t Paul Young’s music in Vice?? Well-known song but I admit I know little about the singer and his catalogue despite loving ‘80s beyond tolerable levels.

10 hours ago, cageyJG said:

Wasn’t Paul Young’s music in Vice?? Well-known song but I admit I know little about the singer and his catalogue despite loving ‘80s beyond tolerable levels.

This Paul Young was never in Miami Vice, but this song and a few others would have gone well. 

The other Paul Young (RIP) was one of the vocalists for Mike + the Mechanics, and we hear him on episode “Baby Blues”, song “Hanging by a Thread” when C&T dive through the window to narrowly escape the explosion. 

14 hours ago, Dadrian said:

This Paul Young was never in Miami Vice, but this song and a few others would have gone well. 

The other Paul Young (RIP) was one of the vocalists for Mike + the Mechanics, and we hear him on episode “Baby Blues”, song “Hanging by a Thread” when C&T dive through the window to narrowly escape the explosion. 

“Hanging by a Thread” great song which came out a year before Mike Rutherford, founding member of M and M as well as Genesis, released Invisible Touch with Collins and Genesis.  The 1986 Invisible Touch album had many songs that would have worked in Miami Vice as it was quite a So-Peter Gabriel sounding album. No tracks were used in the show till 1989 in the final episode -“Land of Confusion”.

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 2

Currently listening to this.

I had asked Dadrian to try and make a cover of this whenever he released his Jan Hammer birthday track to the world, and not even a few months later he releases it. You're beyond being the man at the moment sir.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, codemaster94 said:

Currently listening to this.

I had asked Dadrian to try and make a cover of this whenever he released his Jan Hammer birthday track to the world, and not even a few months later he releases it. You're beyond being the man at the moment sir.

Thanks! Your timing was good. I had already started working on the sounds a few months back. More to come!

• Like 2

On 5/13/2020 at 10:56 AM, Dadrian said:

Thanks! Your timing was good. I had already started working on the sounds a few months back. More to come!

Can we download a high quality version of the song?

4 hours ago, codemaster94 said:

Can we download a high quality version of the song?

Which song?

On 5/17/2020 at 2:48 AM, Dadrian said:

One of the greatest songs ever, and absolutely the greatest advice ever :flowers:

Great song. You can sure hear the influence on some of Michael Jackson’s work here from some of the slower songs on “Thriller” (1982) which of course QJ produced.

Edited by Matt5

New album released in February this year! After years and years of no releases Russ Ballard (“In the Night”, “Voices” and “Your Time is Gonna Come”) is back. I do like this one.

Edited by Matt5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Matt5 said:

Great song. You can sure hear the influence on some of Michael Jackson’s work here from some of the slower songs on “Thriller” (1982) which of course QJ produced.

Yeah many of the same musicians from Thriller are on this album. 

2 hours ago, Dadrian said:

Yeah many of the same musicians from Thriller are on this album. 

I didn’t know that - but makes sense, most producers bring their own musicians.

33 minutes ago, Matt5 said:

I didn’t know that - but makes sense, most producers bring their own musicians.

Yeah, Q had quite a stable in the late 70s and early 80s. 

2 minutes ago, Dadrian said:

Yeah, Q had quite a stable in the late 70s and early 80s. 

Yes, he also produced a live album for Frank Sinatra in 1984.

• Like 1

I Know this song appeared in the episode "Buddies"  and its stated as the only episode but I am sure I heard it in another briefly, its was when Gina and Trudy are together talking in the street.

5 hours ago, RedDragon86 said:

I Know this song appeared in the episode "Buddies"  and its stated as the only episode but I am sure I heard it in another briefly, its was when Gina and Trudy are together talking in the street.

I’ve never heard this song in any other episode. If you can tell me more about the scene you mentioned above, I might could help you find that song. 

Edited by Dadrian

22 hours ago, RedDragon86 said:

One of my favourites out of the tracks done specially for the show.

• Like 1

On 5/22/2020 at 6:30 PM, Dadrian said:

I’ve never heard this song in any other episode. If you can tell me more about the scene you mentioned above, I might could help you find that song. 

I am sure it was briefly in "Dutch Oven" the scene when Trudy and Gina are discussing David in the street, daytime.

Edited by RedDragon86

43 minutes ago, RedDragon86 said:

I am sure it was briefly in "Dutch Oven" the scene when Trudy and Gina are discussing David in the street, daytime.

It was played in “Buddies” during the nightclub scene when Gina was in the club and Dorothy was collecting glasses.

On 5/22/2020 at 6:30 PM, Dadrian said:

It was played In the background in “Buddies” during the nightclub scene when Gina was in the club and Dorothy was collecting glasses.

2 hours ago, RedDragon86 said:

Wow you’re right! I’d totally forgotten that!

• Thanks 1